Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Happy Anniversary 81!!! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27098)

hotsizzle 01-22-2007 06:08 AM

Happy Anniversary 81!!!

Jan. 22, 2006: A sluggish stagnant Los Angeles Lakers team was down by double digits (14) to the Toronto Raptors going into halftime. Kobe Bryant was as Lamar Odom describes him dead silent in the locker room, with an expressionless facial gesture. What happened after that is history. Kobe would take the court and single handedly bring his team back scoring 55 points in the second half to end the night was an astonishing 81 points on 61% shooting. The defecit that was 16 turned into a victory by 18 (122-104). What started out as a disaster for a Lakers team/fanbase turned out to be a memorable night marked by true greatness.

Thank you Kobe Bryant!

JMEWLS 01-22-2007 06:12 AM

gee what a game that was, i think its one of the greatest moments in NBA history. 2nd best scoring total in one game, kobe was just magical.

here's a video of all 81 points

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRikrksH8es

LakersDynasty 01-22-2007 06:14 AM

They kept showing the tape on NBA TV today with some NBA players commenting on it (Terry, Dirk, and Arenas who sounded like the biggest Kobe fanboy :oldlol: ). Truely a historical day, It's been a while since Kobe has had a 40-45+ point game and tomorrow's game is at Staples against a weak defensive team, who knows maybe he'll score 45+ points, wouldn't count on it though.

bigkingsfan 01-22-2007 06:16 AM

0 Assist...

JK :banana:

hotsizzle 01-22-2007 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bigkingsfan
0 Assist...

JK :banana:

how dare you? it was 2 assts haha

so what was ISH like the night of 81 (i wasnt here yet) ?

eurobum 01-22-2007 08:06 AM

Never been a groupie/hater of Kobe Bryant. But he's just an amazing basketball talent.

kwajo 01-22-2007 08:21 AM

More like anniversary of the day the raptors played like pansies, showed no balls and wouldn't hack a guy that was running up points like that. I am pissed ot this day that no one even bothered to play tough D on him, let alone hack him when he drove to the basket. In real basketball, when a guy is going off on you, you get an enforcer in there to knock him hard when he goes to the rim so that he'll think twice about doing it again. I don't care what anyone says, I watched the game live with my friends and we all agreed that there were a few plays where Kobe (and the rest of the Lakers) were clearly just running up points to chase a record. It is at that point that the Raps should have let him know that you don't let someone take a dump on your team, and fight back.
God i am so annoyed at this game still, worst basketball I've seen in years.

bballnoob 01-22-2007 09:13 AM

we

I was lucky enough to miss that game but those some of those shots were :bowdown: . However, something in the back of my mind says that even if we did give Kobe a hard foul, everyone would be screaming how Mitchell is a dirty coach and he'd probably be suspended or something. Lose/Lose situation.

KingofKings718 01-22-2007 09:21 AM

Happy Anny indeed. That was a great individual game for KB24.

bigboi_baller 01-22-2007 09:44 AM

I bet ISH was having an all-out war between Kobe haters and kobe groupies while the moderates where trying to stay neutral.

crisoner 01-22-2007 09:46 AM

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!

81 baby!!!!

In honor of this I want to share this old skool video....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=xgxOAPjbpok

Check it out!!!

kwajo 01-22-2007 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bballnoob
I was lucky enough to miss that game but those some of those shots were :bowdown: . However, something in the back of my mind says that even if we did give Kobe a hard foul, everyone would be screaming how Mitchell is a dirty coach and he'd probably be suspended or something. Lose/Lose situation.

some people would say that yes, but others would respect him more. either way he's not going to have a job next year anyway.

bballnoob 01-22-2007 09:58 AM

etj

It's too bad because while he never was a really good coach, this is the first season with some talent and everyone knows he's gone anyway. I mean if I was working a job and everyone was talking already about my successor, I wouldn't be motivated to even do anything because it's just gonna make the next guy look good.

Vendetta 01-22-2007 10:25 AM

I love how you bring up the fact that the Lakers were down & that's why he went off for so many points but leave out the fact that after they had the Raptors basically blown out at a 10+ point advantage he was still in the game padding stats.

kwajo 01-22-2007 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vendetta
the Raptors basically blown out at a 10+ point advantage he was still in the game padding stats.

that's the part of the game that I was talking about. The come from behind was one thing, but that ending was infuriating