Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Assuming no more deals predict the final 15 man roster. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271264)

embersyc 07-13-2012 09:12 PM

Assuming no more deals predict the final 15 man roster.

Currently under contract: (13)
Will Bynum
Austin Daye
Andre Drummond
Jonas Jerebko
Brandon Knight
Corey Maggette
Greg Monroe
Tayshaun Prince
Kyle Singler
Rodney Stuckey
Charlie Villanueva
Kim English
Slava Kravtsov (Rumored)

Free Agents:
Vernon Macklin
Jason Maxiell
Walker Russel
Ben Wallace
Damien Wilkins

Summer League and Draft Picks:
Khris Middleton
Casper Ware
Patrick Richard
Yancy Gates

Personally it doesn't seem like we can expect too much movement. I think the 12 under contract will all still be here. I assume we'll resign Maxiell, and rumor has it Big Ben might be back. I think the rest of the free agents walk. I expect Kim English to win that 15th spot right now, and I could see Yancy Gates making the team if Ben doesn't come back.

I'll leave the starting 5 from last season intact, I don't think Drummond will unseat Maxiell immediately, but if he does Monroe moves to 4.

Knight/Bynum
Stuckey/English
Prince/Maggette/Singler
Maxiell/Jerebko/Daye/Villanueva (Monroe will get playing time here as well.)
Monroe/Drummond/Kravtsov/Wallace

Seems like a much larger team then we've had in a while. I'd still like to see Villanueva amnestied/waived/traded and I don't think it makes sense to keep Maggette around either. Getting rid of those guys would free up some playing time for Jerebko, Singler and Daye who I think are going to all bring the energy this season.

Edit (Just read that English got signed, so I moved him to the first section. )

Aussie Dunker 07-13-2012 11:45 PM

Re: Assuming no more deals predict the final 15 man roster.

Looks good mate!

I would play Daye at the 2 guard spot at times - would create massive mismatches...

I would rather Gates than Macklin

I want Big Ben back for one more year - and then as an assistant coach / strength and conditioning coach or something along those lines

I would love to sign Casper - but doubtful (perhaps package Bynum + Maggette in a trade!) Casper has shown flashes of being a great backup..

Get rid of Charlie V - just taking up roster space

And yes - we do look REAL big, love it

Quizno 07-14-2012 12:28 AM

you guys need to keep casper!!

embersyc 07-14-2012 09:21 AM

The problem I see with Casper is his size. He is smaller than Bynum, and I think they are very similar players, although Bynum has more hops. I'd rather go with the guy that has already proven themselves at the position in Bynum. Although I do think Casper is talented and will find a team in this league.