Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   2012 College Football Discussion thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271470)

Cowboy Thunder 07-15-2012 11:23 PM

2012 College Football Discussion thread

Had to start it. No one is talking about the best sport in the world, College Football.

So what say you displaced football fans on a basketball forum??

I figure the best way to start a potential season long thread would be to start off with some pre-season predictions to make us look like a genius or an arse.

So let's start off with your favorite teams record in 2012. Then a bold prediciton or BCS title prediction.

I'll start with:

Oklahoma State 10-3 with a Cotton Bowl win over Alabama. :cheers:

BCS title prediction: Florida State vs. USC

irondarts 07-16-2012 03:07 AM

Re: 2012 College Football Discussion thread

I'm starting to get excited for the season. I've been playing NCAA Football '13 for the last week.

As for predictions..I think USC will win it all (bold, I know). I'd like to say FSU will be national championship contenders but they are always a let down, we'll see.

TheSilentKiller 07-16-2012 10:41 AM

Michigan State goes 11-2. I don't follow the whole bcs system too much, so I don't know where they will end up bowl wise, but they will win their bowl game.

Cowboy Thunder 07-16-2012 03:19 PM

Two big predictions for double digit win totals from two teams that just lost their great QBs. (Ok St & Mch St).

I like it. :eek: :applause:

Cowboy Thunder 07-24-2012 04:33 PM

Come at me bros

ballinhun8 07-24-2012 09:42 PM

Ok State : 0-13 and recruit a 35 year old QB who goes in the 1st round of the 2014 NFL Draft.

Balla_Status 07-25-2012 01:28 AM

Going to be an interesting season for Texas A&M but moving to the SEC is already paying dividends. Top 5 recruiting class thus far for next year.

@ La. Tech-Win
Florida-Loss
@ SMU-Win
South Carolina State-Win
Arkansas-Loss
@ Ole Miss-Win
LSU-Loss
@ Auburn-Loss
@ Miss. State-Win
@ Alabama-Loss
Sam Houston State-Win
Missouri-Win

7-5 record

Will get bowl since we're Texas A&M and we're in the SEC.

Will win bowl game.

Bucket_Nakedz 07-25-2012 09:57 AM

Ohio State MothaFakkaaa!!!!!! The Real "osu" So Suck A Dick Op. Urban At Da Helm. Oh We Finna Do Dis!!! Psu Is Down, Michigan Is Frauds, Nebraska Is Weenies. We Da True Kings Of Da Big Ten And We About To Show Dem Sweet Tea Drinkin Mahfuggaz In Da Sec Dat We Takin Ova Da Leeeaggue Boiii!!! I Bleed Scarlet And Grey... O-h...

Jackass18 07-25-2012 08:59 PM

wut

JellyBean 07-25-2012 09:28 PM

Like another poster stated, I have been playing college football '13 and I am geeked for college football to start. As a UConn Huskies fan, I see the Huskies going 7-5 in the Big East..or whatever it is called now.

For BCS title game. USC Trojans vs Alabama Crimson Tide; USC winning it all. Glad to see USC back in bowl race. :applause:

Rainwound 07-27-2012 12:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
Ohio State MothaFakkaaa!!!!!! The Real "osu" So Suck A Dick Op. Urban At Da Helm. Oh We Finna Do Dis!!! Psu Is Down, Michigan Is Frauds, Nebraska Is Weenies. We Da True Kings Of Da Big Ten And We About To Show Dem Sweet Tea Drinkin Mahfuggaz In Da Sec Dat We Takin Ova Da Leeeaggue Boiii!!! I Bleed Scarlet And Grey... O-h...

http://www.spellcheck.net/

kentatm 07-27-2012 05:55 PM

I cannot confirm nor deny that Craig James killed 5 hookers while at SMU.

Wally450 08-03-2012 04:50 PM

Looking for USC to make it to the dance, and it might be LSU again. Only lose a couple players and have 8 home games this year including Alabama. The only tough game I see for the Tiger are the day after Thanksgiving when they travel to Arkansas and meet Tyler Wilson.

kentatm 08-04-2012 01:27 AM

Quote:

NCAA creates bowl-eligibility contingency plans ... with 5-7 teams included

college football has now created rules for choosing teams when a bowl can't be filled by its conference affiliation or there aren't enough eligible teams for all of the 35 bowls.

In those situations, the tie-breaking process to go bowling will go like this:

1. First consideration goes to 6-6 teams with one win against Football Championship Subdivision teams, regardless of whether that FCS school meets NCAA scholarship requirements. Until now, an FCS win only counted if that opponent met the scholarship requirements.

2. Next up for consideration are 6-6 teams with two wins over FCS schools. It's really rare for an FBS school to schedule two FCS opponents in a single year.

3. Teams that finish 6-7 and lose in the conference championship game are next. Call this the UCLA rule. The Bruins, staring at a 6-6 record before the Pac-12 Championship Game last season, got a waiver from the NCAA to be bowl-eligible even if they lost, which they did. UCLA then lost in the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl to finish 6-8.

4. Then come 6-7 teams that normally play a 13-team schedule, such as Hawaii and its home opponents.

5. Up next are FCS teams making the transition to the FBS, if they have at least a 6-6 record. Big winners under that rule: South Alabama, Texas-San Antonio, Texas State and UMass, who are all in the process of reclassifying from FCS to FBS. Suddenly and bizarrely, South Alabama's Aug. 30 opener against Texas-San Antonio in Mobile carries some potential bowl significance.

6. Finally, the nod would go to 5-7 teams that have a top-5 Academic Progress Rate score. So there's new hope for Duke, which hasn't gone to a bowl since 1995.

This process was created as the bowl system faces significant pressure to fill every postseason game in 2012. Ohio State, Penn State, North Carolina and Central Florida face bowl bans this season, although UCF is appealing and may still be eligible in 2012. Also, there are unresolved NCAA cases involving Oregon and Miami, which self-imposed a bowl ban in 2011.

link

RedBlackAttack 08-04-2012 02:11 AM

Michigan starts the year against Alabama. Holy sh!t is that a gutsy move by UM. I don't expect them to win, but then again Hoke has shown that he may be the guy to get the program back to where it should be.

Also, Michigan had another stellar recruiting class in '12 and they currently have the No. 2 ranked class in the country for '13.

They may be a little in over their head for Alabama this soon, but I don't think it will be long before they are on that level again.