Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   FA Signing: Antawn Jamison joins lakers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271605)

insidehoops 07-16-2012 11:00 PM

FA Signing: Antawn Jamison joins lakers
 
Charlotte Observer:

Charlottean Antawn Jamison has chosen the Los Angeles Lakers over his hometown Bobcats, the Observer has learned.

Jamison, who starred at Providence High and North Carolina, gave serious consideration to finishing his NBA career as a Bobcat. But late Monday he decided to sign with the Lakers for a chance to pursue a championship, an informed source told the Observer.

Jamison is on vacation in Europe. Hes expected to sign with the Lakers once he returns to the United States later this week.

DKLaker 07-16-2012 11:29 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Charlotte Observer:

Charlottean Antawn Jamison has chosen the Los Angeles Lakers over his hometown Bobcats, the Observer has learned.

Jamison, who starred at Providence High and North Carolina, gave serious consideration to finishing his NBA career as a Bobcat. But late Monday he decided to sign with the Lakers for a chance to pursue a championship, an informed source told the Observer.

Jamison is on vacation in Europe. Hes expected to sign with the Lakers once he returns to the United States later this week.


I hope this happens, and if it's a vet deal not the mini then :banana: :banana:

dd24 07-17-2012 02:14 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
I really like this signing. It gives the Lakers a legit scorer off the bench finally. That's something we really missed last season by sending Odom to Dallas.

lakerfreak 07-17-2012 11:26 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
I hope this happens, and if it's a vet deal not the mini then :banana: :banana:


Yeah that would give us so much flexibility.

At the same time, I am assuming with this deal, that Jordan Hill is gone. I am hoping that is not the case. I really liked what Jordan Hill had to offer.

What do you think Jamison can do off the bench at this stage in his life DK?

dd24 07-17-2012 12:30 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah that would give us so much flexibility.

At the same time, I am assuming with this deal, that Jordan Hill is gone. I am hoping that is not the case. I really liked what Jordan Hill had to offer.

What do you think Jamison can do off the bench at this stage in his life DK?


I pretty much though it was a given the Lakers would not be able to afford Hill either. Just to add my 2 cents about what Jamison brings... I think he can average double digit points still. If he played 20 minutes per game and averaged about 12-15ppg I would be happy about that. I think he'll play well with Bynum next to him.

DKLaker 07-17-2012 02:48 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Yeah that would give us so much flexibility.

At the same time, I am assuming with this deal, that Jordan Hill is gone. I am hoping that is not the case. I really liked what Jordan Hill had to offer.

What do you think Jamison can do off the bench at this stage in his life DK?


I think Jamison is good for a steady 12-15 per game just like dd24 says.......he could be our Bob McAdoo. (Look him up kids :oldlol: )

dd24 07-17-2012 03:01 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Apparently the Lakers are still interested in Jordan Hill. I just read this.

Quote:

Marc J. Spears: Lakers could be landing forward Antawn Jamison & center Jermaine O'Neal to minimum deals, sources tell Y! Jordan Hill interest remains, too. Twitter

lakerfreak 07-17-2012 07:06 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
Apparently the Lakers are still interested in Jordan Hill. I just read this.


Holy crap.

Why not use the mini midlevel on Jordan Farmar too? lol

Suddenly you'd have Jordan Hill, Jamison, Jermaine, and Jordan Farmar. :D

Your bench can look like a starting lineup. My goodness.

lakersNUMBA1 07-17-2012 08:05 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Sign up Jamison, but no to O'neal.

IMO:cheers:

takai 07-17-2012 08:09 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
He would be much needed depth for the bench, and we need a 3rd big.

mariodeathgrip 07-17-2012 08:12 PM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lakersNUMBA1
Sign up Jamison, but no to O'neal.

IMO:cheers:



Wut Oneal!! A-lot of scrubs here wanted to trade Bynum for him!! Lol will Howard be healthy!!! Lol :rolleyes:

MJ(Mean John) 07-18-2012 04:54 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Man.

So many names out there.

With a big rotation of

Drew Jordan hill
Pau. Jameson
What the hell, we still have mcbob.

I Think Jordan hill will be pulling in a big contract.
We should trade him for a 1st rounder to a team without a center.
Like the celtics!
Then flip that 1st rebounder for Marshon brooks!

Blake brooks Jameson an mcbob! And EBanks!

We'd have a nice bench!

magicmanfan 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)

Blake brooks Jameson an mcbob! And EBanks!

We'd have a nice bench!


Who's "brooks" ????

magicmanfan 07-18-2012 11:09 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
love Jamison at the SF spot!!!! great pickup Mitch!!!

dd24 07-18-2012 11:30 AM

Re: Antawn Jamison probably signing with Lakers
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by magicmanfan
Who's "brooks" ????


He's wanted a trade for Marshon Brooks for a while now.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:55 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy