Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Ok so I Just got dunked on first time (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271771)

Marv_Albert 07-18-2012 05:42 AM

Ok so I Just got dunked on first time

Came over late to help on defense, dude with mega hops jab stepped and bet one of my teamates and took it down base and when I came over and left my feet for a block he was already mid flight(Fck knows what I thought I was gonna do) then ka boooooom hahaha not a feeling I wanna feel again! But i'm a shot blocker so no doubt it will happen again my ratios been pretty good played for 7 years

Anybody else been yammed on?

SourPatchKids 07-18-2012 11:12 AM

Re: Ok so I Just got dunked on first time

I was dunked on at my 8th grade summer AAU tourney. I was 5"11 as an 8th grader so it was pretty terrifying. The other team didn't even run an offense they just had two 6"3/6"4 guys who just tipped/lobbed balls at each other.

Swaggin916 07-18-2012 01:17 PM

No but I will never forget when this 6'7 lefty got about 2 feet over the rim and crammed on this other black dude... I vowed that day to always GTFO the way.

Marv_Albert 07-18-2012 08:12 PM

Been Watchin nba poster dunks to help me get over it haha, wasn't as bad Taj Gibson on wade... Durant on hibbert

Rake2204 07-19-2012 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marv_Albert
Been Watchin nba poster dunks to help me get over it haha, wasn't as bad Taj Gibson on wade... Durant on hibbert

Don't fret, it's just a part of the game. I respect those who challenge.

mobbdeep 07-19-2012 01:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rake2204
Don't fret, it's just a part of the game. I respect those who challenge.

its part of the game and it's not that bad especially if u are helping out on D. it happens, part of the game and no biggie.

for me, no one dunks at my gym and if they did, id get out of the way just so i won't get hurt

Pushxx 07-20-2012 12:21 AM

No but I've done it to someone else in one of the only times I've ever dunked in live basketball.

I'm 6' and I can dunk (barely), but I had this massive adrenaline moment and skied over this guy who came over REALLY late to help.

I got trapped when trying to use a pick, split the double, took two hard dribbles, and saw this guy was gonna come help really late. I knew I had to go hard to dunk before he got there and I dunked it on top of this guy.

Man it's crazy how vulnerable you feel immediately after dunking and you're in the air with bodies everywhere below you.

Needless to say, it felt damn good and I have never gotten higher than I did that dunk. Top 3 best basketball moments of my life. The reaction everyone around me had was awesome.