Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jeremy Lin Interview with SI - Dolan told him long term investment (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=271791)

DuMa 07-18-2012 12:47 PM

Jeremy Lin Interview with SI - Dolan told him long term investment

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/201...ive/index.html

Quote:

The last time Lin talked to Knicks owner James Dolan was right before Game 5 of the first round of the Eastern Conference playoffs, when New York was down, 3-1, to eventual NBA champion Miami. Lin, who had suffered a meniscus tear in his left knee, had been ruled out for the remainder of the regular season and had already missed the first four games of this playoff series. Now Dolan, with point guard Baron Davis also injured, wondered about Lin's availability. But the matter had already been settled. "Every single vet on our team that has been in the league longer than five years pulled me aside and told me that I shouldn't play," Lin says. "And I had arguments with them about why I should."

Dolan -- who didn't talk to Lin often but had generally been "really nice to me" --wound up expressing support. "I have plans for you in the future," Lin recalls the owner saying. "This is a long-term investment. Don't rush back."

Dolan :mad:

niko 07-18-2012 12:49 PM

Re: Jeremy Lin Interview with SI - Dolan told him long term investment

Quote:

Originally Posted by DuMa

Dolan doesn't go around to talk to the players, doesn't hang out at practices, doesn't talk to the media, doesn't come around. He has always acted like a total douche, as if all of that would be beneath him. Where does all this come from? Do the players sit in his office all day?

Sarcastic 07-18-2012 12:49 PM

Dolan was going to match the offer, until Lin snuck out to Las Vegas and negotiated a new one.

LoneyROY7 07-18-2012 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
Dolan was going to match the offer, until Lin snuck out to Las Vegas and negotiated a new one.

There's nothing wrong with Lin trying negotiate the best deal possible for himself.

LoneyROY7 07-18-2012 12:55 PM

Quote:

There's nothing wrong with Lin trying to negotiate the best deal possible for himself.

ZenMaster 07-18-2012 01:08 PM

Quote:

Isn't it pretty stupid to say out in public what you're going to do concerning a non-max offer sheet that hadn't even been made official yet?

Sarcastic 07-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneyROY7
There's nothing wrong with Lin trying to negotiate the best deal possible for himself.

No there's not. But Dolan did want him, just not at $15 million.

Sarcastic 07-18-2012 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZenMaster
Isn't it pretty stupid to say out in public what you're going to do concerning a non-max offer sheet that hadn't even been made official yet?

Yes it is, but that's not what we are talking about.

ZenMaster 07-18-2012 01:20 PM

Quote:

Yes it is, but that's not what we are talking about.

Mike Woodson went public and said they're where going to match the reported offer that wasn't even official yet?

KyrieTheFuture 07-18-2012 01:22 PM

I commemorate Houston for drafting up an incredible contract offer to Lin that they couldn't match. Savvy move.

SCREWstonRockets 07-18-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoneyROY7

But but but they said they would match up to a billion dollars!! :roll: Rockets called their bluff.

PejaNowitzki 07-18-2012 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
I commemorate Houston for drafting up an incredible contract offer to Lin that they couldn't match. Savvy move.

I don't think you know what that word ****ing means. :roll: :roll: :roll:

I'm rolling here, honestly I'm damn near tears. :oldlol: :oldlol: :oldlol:

Okay, all better.

I think you may have meant "commend", commemorate means to remember and honor or recognize in a symbolic or ceremonial fashion. So unless you're about to have a 21 gun salute in your living room or are going to declare July 19 "National Rockets Are The Shit" Day, it doesn't work.

niko 07-18-2012 01:43 PM

BTW, he wasn't 85% ready when he sat out the Miami game, he was 15% away from the minimum threshold required for him to play. :lol

Dear Mr. Lin,
I know you went to Harvard. Do you know the term FULL OF SHIT? or the term BACKTRACKING? Perhaps you can look them up and see if they fit in with your explanation of the 85% comment.

Yours Truly,
NIKO

KyrieTheFuture 07-18-2012 01:46 PM

Okay I used the wrong word sorry. I hope you feel better writing an entire paragraph about it.

niko 07-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KyrieTheFuture
Okay I used the wrong word sorry. I hope you feel better writing an entire paragraph about it.

He does, he'll commemorate on it.:lol