Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Camby > Amare (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27228)

in awe 01-23-2007 12:29 AM

Camby > Amare
 
Why does Amare dominate the Center all star talks?

pts
Amare > Camby (On a team with AI and Melo)

rebounds
Camby > Amare

blocks
Camby > Amare

Assists
Camby > Amare

Steals
Camby > Amare

Less TO's
Camby > Amare

Less fouls
Camby > Amare

Camby 1st in the league in rebounding
1st in the west in blocks
1st out of west big men in steals (big men meaning all forwards and centers)
7th out of west big men in scoring (3rd out of centers)
4th out of west big men in assists. (1st out of centers)

= 3 nuggets in the all-star game

qrich 01-23-2007 12:34 AM

Because 99% of Amare's game is dunks and highlights, while Camby has an all around game. People these days carry about scoring and highlights[reason why the so-called top 5 players in the game don't include Duncan] as opposed to fundamentals an all around game. Nash and Duncan are both top 5 players in the league.

Penny37 01-23-2007 12:37 AM

As a Suns fan, I completely agree with you that Camby is a better player than Amare.

But if I have a team that lacks scoring, I'd take Amare in a heartbeat. His offensive ability is far superior to Camby's.

qrich 01-23-2007 12:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny37
As a Suns fan, I completely agree with you that Camby is a better player than Amare.

But if I have a team that lacks scoring, I'd take Amare in a heartbeat. His offensive ability is far superior to Camby's.


Camby's defense + rebounding ability is much more superior to Amare's compared to Amare's offensive game vs Camby's offense.

Penny37 01-23-2007 12:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by qrich
Camby's defense + rebounding ability is much more superior to Amare's compared to Amare's offensive game vs Camby's offense.


Did you even read my post??:confusedshrug:

knickscity 01-23-2007 12:42 AM

we agree. Camby is much more effective on the floor than Amare. he is more complete, but not flashy enough to be an All-star.

qrich 01-23-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny37
Did you even read my post??:confusedshrug:


What's wrong with pointing out what's true? Yes I read the post, but defense starts offense, and with a great defensive big to get you blocks, you can go out on the fast break, thus, increasing your scoring.

in awe 01-23-2007 12:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny37
As a Suns fan, I completely agree with you that Camby is a better player than Amare.

But if I have a team that lacks scoring, I'd take Amare in a heartbeat. His offensive ability is far superior to Camby's.



The thing is, Camby has a very good offensive game including better range shooting then Amare. While Camby on the deffensive end vs Amare is a joke.

A Roc 23 01-23-2007 12:44 AM

Amare is much better. His team is much better and he is a better player.

Scoring is a HUGE advantage. Amare averages 19 compared to Camby's 12 . . . despite the fact that Camby averages more minutes then Amare.

Amare's assist numbers aren't nearly as good as Camby's because he has the best passing PG and one of the best passing F in the game on his team. When he gets the ball, it's his job to score, not kick it out to Melo.

Once again he gets less TOs because his role in the offense is almost non existant. He has almost no offensive game to speak of.

He gets a slight edge in blocks (averages 1 more a game then Amare) and an edge in rebounds (although Amare is at a solid 9 rebounds in only 30 minutes).

Breaking their games down like you did I could say Caron Butler > Kobe, because Caron does a lot things better then Kobe, but they are small things like rebounding the ball and stealing.

Bottom line is Camby averages 7 less points in more minutes and the game is about scoring. 12 points per game and 12 rebounds a game isn't all-star numbers unless your team is really good or you anchor an amazing defense. Camby is on the worst defensive team in the entire league, so that's a no.

Oh an also . . . Amare shoots 60% from the field, Camby 47%.

in awe 01-23-2007 12:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
we agree. Camby is much more effective on the floor than Amare. he is more complete, but not flashy enough to be an All-star.


Besides Amare and Dirk what big man in the west is "flashy?"

A Roc 23 01-23-2007 12:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Penny37
As a Suns fan, I completely agree with you that Camby is a better player than Amare.


You are a complete disgrace. Take Amare off the Suns and add Camby and the Suns lose 4 more games. Add Amare to the Nuggets and take away Camby and the Nuggets win 4 more games.

statman32 01-23-2007 12:46 AM

alright i wasnt gonna post in this thread because it was started by someone who obviously just creamed himself from camby putting up 17 and 17... but since someone is actually agreeing with the thread starter...its on

the only thing camby is good at is blocks and rebounds...how is that a good overall game...oh he can average 2 assists per game...WHOA...what a great passer

amare is a more efficent scorer...a better shooter...can get to the line....is no slouch in the blocks department and is averages 9 rpg

and to the poster who said amare is just about dunks....wow you obviously havent been watching the suns games this year...he has improved his shot and is alot better on the defensive end

Penny37 01-23-2007 12:50 AM

Camby is the better player. No doubt about it.
If you watch Denver games, his defensive presence is sick.
Camby on the Suns would be amazing. All those guards who penetrate will now alter their shot basically every time they drive into the lane.

But Amare is no slouch himself. His help D is getting much better, but at this point I'd take Camby.

qrich 01-23-2007 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by A Roc 23
Amare is much better. His team is much better and he is a better player.

Scoring is a HUGE advantage. Amare averages 19 compared to Camby's 12 . . . despite the fact that Camby averages more minutes then Amare.

Amare's assist numbers aren't nearly as good as Camby's because he has the best passing PG and one of the best passing F in the game on his team. When he gets the ball, it's his job to score, not kick it out to Melo.

Once again he gets less TOs because his role in the offense is almost non existant. He has almost no offensive game to speak of.

He gets a slight edge in blocks (averages 1 more a game then Amare) and an edge in rebounds (although Amare is at a solid 9 rebounds in only 30 minutes).

Breaking their games down like you did I could say Caron Butler > Kobe, because Caron does a lot things better then Kobe, but they are small things like rebounding the ball and stealing.

Bottom line is Camby averages 7 less points in more minutes and the game is about scoring. 12 points per game and 12 rebounds a game isn't all-star numbers unless your team is really good or you anchor an amazing defense. Camby is on the worst defensive team in the entire league, so that's a no.

Oh an also . . . Amare shoots 60% from the field, Camby 47%.


So, why did the Pistons and Spurs win some rings recently? Get out of here with your 'offense is more important then defense'. Miami also allowed 96 ppg on 43% shooting last year. Defense is much more important to the game then offense is, because if your offense struggles, your defense can keep you in the game, but if your defense struggles, the other team will drop points on you like nothing. And about Camby shooting less, did you know he's been playing with either Melo or AI mostly? He has +2.5 rebounds, +2.2 assists, [the assists can equal 6 points for his team], not to mention +1.4 blocks which takes away 2 points from the other squad and less fouls while playing JUST 3 minutes more. Camby should be in the All-Star game, not Amare.

DoubleTech 01-23-2007 12:52 AM

watch the phx vs spurs playoff series from two or three years ago

amare flat out took it to duncan like no player i've ever seen... duncan had no answer for him. spurs won the series but thats not the point... amare is unstoppable when he cranks the intensity up.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:22 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy