Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Seriously, WTF is the problem here? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272390)

Tenchi Ryu 07-23-2012 11:21 PM

Seriously, WTF is the problem here?

People have been pissy and mad at the GMs, but they have REALLY pulled a rabbit out of the hat this postseason considering what they had to work with.

Rose/Hinich/Teague
Hamilton/Belinelli
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Thomas(possible and likely signing)
Noah/Mohammed

Compare that to
Rose/Watson/Lucas
Hamilton/Brewer/Korver
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scal
Noah/Asik

This new squad is easily better, and people are upset about what? No big signings? WTF? Rose just injured himself and ain't coming back next season, we broke as hell, no good trading pieces, and people expect us to get big signings?

If anything, we just improved our entire team WHILE saving money, and people want to complain....

methusala 07-23-2012 11:29 PM

Re: Seriously, WTF is the problem here?

Be careful man. You're being rational and making way too much sense here.

That shit ain't allowed.

Crazy Style 07-24-2012 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tenchi Ryu
People have been pissy and mad at the GMs, but they have REALLY pulled a rabbit out of the hat this postseason considering what they had to work with.

Rose/Hinich/Teague
Hamilton/Belinelli
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Thomas(possible and likely signing)
Noah/Mohammed

Compare that to
Rose/Watson/Lucas
Hamilton/Brewer/Korver
Deng/Butler
Boozer/Gibson/Scal
Noah/Asik

This new squad is easily better, and people are upset about what? No big signings? WTF? Rose just injured himself and ain't coming back next season, we broke as hell, no good trading pieces, and people expect us to get big signings?

If anything, we just improved our entire team WHILE saving money, and people want to complain....

Hey you forgot about the signing of Vladimir Radmonovic a 6'10" forward that shoots mostly from long range. Not that V. Rad is such a big deal lol, but this team with a healthy Rose is not that bad. The big problem is that Rose will be out until March. So if guys don't step up their games especially Boozer it could be a long tough season for the Bulls. We'll see what happens, anything above a fifth seed finish would be a bonus at this point. Hopefully this team will surprise us in a good way.

nightprowler10 07-24-2012 05:37 AM

Completely agree but I'd say we're weaker at the 2.

1rkrage 07-24-2012 08:21 AM

Corpse of Hinrich < Watson. Arguably equal if ever. If hinrich can get back to form then sure, but for the past 2 seasons, Hinrich has been meh; at least with Atlanta.

Belinelli < Korver as a shooter. Belinelli does some other things though besides shoot, but Korver has been learning to play defense. something that Belinelli would probably take longer

Butler ? Brewer. Could go either way, depending if you put much stock into summer league play. Brewer is the better defender until proven otherwise; although his jumpshot was a sorry sight to see.

you seriously can't be putting in stock into Thomas making the team can't you?

Nazr<<Asik. Say what you want about Nazr having hands, and can hit a midrange shot. But, he won't impact the game as well as Asik can.

I like that they loaded on 3 point shooters, but I bet you Thibs is having a fit now; A lot of the guys we got are defensive blackholes, so let's see.

P.S. the previous bench mob already had chemistry. This new group remains to be seen. And also the 3 bigs better stay healthy all year long.

Tenchi Ryu 07-24-2012 08:38 AM

Watson regressed as well imo. He use to be a Rose lite, able to cut the defense, but became a shot jacking idiot the second half of the year. Give me Hinrich over him anyday, who's a better passer, facilitator, defender and overall leader. Gibson was basically begging Chicago to bring him back in an interview.

Summer League or no Summer league, I refuse to believe that Ronnie brewer would average 20 points in the same league. Butler has evolved into a better leader and a smarter player than Brewer. Now don't get me wrong, I love Chicago's Brew, and if I could choose anyone to stay, it would be him. But it literally makes no sense to keep him when we have a player who can do everything he can plus more for cheaper.

Korver was as hot and cold as its humanly possible. One set of games, he was a scrub who was worthless. The next set, he was god in perimeter shooting form. Belinelli might not be as a good a shooter, but he's still an overall better player. Korver did get better on Defense, but he would still make boneheaded plays at times. And it helps Coach Monty said Belinelli was one of the hardest workers on his team, Thibs will love that. If he could turn Korver's defensive black hole into something resembling a defensive player, he can do the same for damn near anyone.

As far as Asik, he was really disappointing for me last year, and was nothing compared to 2011 imo. He literally did nothing but turn the ball over, racked up on fouls that weren't even hard enough, and couldn't put the ball in the basketball to save his life. Even with all that, he's still a damn good player to have on your team coming off the bench, but that Houston price was retarded, no way in hell we should have paid that. Mohammed might not be as good defensively, but he's a big body who we can stick in the paint who can actually score, so it will work out. You have to also remember that the East is literally so weak at the C, Thibs at times last year put in BOOZER, yes BOOZER, at Center position with Gibson also in at PF, and that actually worked. I expect to see more of that next year.

And with a leader like our Rose, chemistry is very easy to gain between teammates since they follow him, a hardworking humble individual who believes in teammwork and good ole hard work, not making superteams.

dee-rose 07-24-2012 02:15 PM

We'd have Teague and Butler regardless of free agency & Thomas would be an option too, so those are moot points.

There is no way that Korver, Asik, Watson, Brewer are worse than Belly nelly, Kirk and Nazr....

Tenchi Ryu 07-24-2012 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee-rose
There is no way that Korver, Asik, Watson, Brewer are worse than Belly nelly, Kirk and Nazr....

Kinda...yea.

Kirk is just a straight up better PG and player than Watson.

Belinelli is easily a better player than Korver, only losing to Kyle in shooting (and not even by that much).

And Brewer is also a moot point since Butler is replacing him.

Asik is a better defensive player, but Nazr can actually get us points, which is what we desperately need from the bench. I don't mind sacrificing some of our killer D to be able to score more.

1rkrage 07-24-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Kinda...yea.

Belinelli is easily a better player than Korver, only losing to Kyle in shooting (and not even by that much).

Asik is a better defensive player, but Nazr can actually get us points, which is what we desperately need from the bench. I don't mind sacrificing some of our killer D to be able to score more.

you might want to check that again. 2.7 points / 11 mins. compared to 3 points / 14 mins. :facepalm

Nazr is a walking corpse man.

dee-rose 07-24-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

Kinda...yea.

Kirk? Maybe... he's not the same guy anymore. If anything, he's a very minimal upgrade.

Belinelli...not even close. Korver is one of the best pure shooters in the league, he's much smarter and he's better defensively. There are subtle things about the game that Korver understands and the multiply for us ten-fold in the grand scheme of things. He will most definitely be missed.

Um, Nazr sucks...

ljsbb27 07-24-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dee-rose
We'd have Teague and Butler regardless of free agency & Thomas would be an option too, so those are moot points.

When you take into consideration how much they would have cost the new moves make more sense. In regards to value the new players we have brought in are closer to their true value when you take into account their salary and their production on the court.

Korver, Asik, Watson and Brewer would have all been overpaid for what they bring to the table if they stayed here.

Most will see through the upcoming season that production wise on the basketball court Hinrich, Belinelli, Teague, Mohammed and Radmonovich will produce better if not the same as the old bench mob.

And saying that we'd have Butler and Teague in addition to them anyway isn't that simple or clear cut. If you keep the old bench mob here then Butler and Teague aren't part of the rotation and barely get playing time. With their exit Butler and Teague will most likely be a part of the rotation and receive significact minutes.

nightprowler10 07-25-2012 12:10 PM

Do people not remember CJ playing PG like some bad AI in 2K12? Just dribble the ball until 5 seconds left on the clock and then jack up a 3. Sure he's shown improvement in his play making abilities, but he's still not someone I would call a good backup for a PG, and he was too small to play the 2 guard. Hinrich's corpse, IMO, IS better than having CJ Watson at the helm while Rose recovers.

Unstoppabull 07-25-2012 06:57 PM

I feel like our shooting guard position is slightly weaker. I don't know about beleni but I'd rather have Korever and Brewer off the bench. Ammesty Boozer some time

ljsbb27 07-25-2012 08:40 PM

If Boozer does get Amnestied it won't be until 2014 most likely which is the same year Deng comes off the books.

In a perfect scenario we find somewhere to trade Boozer and when Deng expires we work out a deal for him to come back getting paid about half of what he's currently making.