Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Lakers still need shooting (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272397)

kobe080 07-23-2012 11:58 PM

Lakers still need shooting

Lakers are having a great off season adding Jamison & Nash while keeping Jordan Hill.

But we still need shooting, and another reliable swingman.

Can we use our mid level to get Jodie Meeks or Barbosa? With Nash on board, we need a true 2, so Meeks would be nice.

Or we could trade McRoberts for someone. Thoughts?

takai 07-24-2012 02:23 AM

Re: Lakers still need shooting

Not sure who we could pick up, but I definitely agree we need a wingman.

magicmanfan 07-24-2012 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by takai
Not sure who we could pick up, but I definitely agree we need a wingman.

how about Mikael Pietrus for a swingman? KB wanted him last year....
:confusedshrug:

DKLaker 07-24-2012 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magicmanfan
how about Mikael Pietrus for a swingman? KB wanted him last year....
:confusedshrug:

There are much better players available and Pietrus's numbers are dropping fast the last 2 years.....plus it's time to bring Ebanks along.

lakerfreak 07-24-2012 08:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
There are much better players available and Pietrus's numbers are dropping fast the last 2 years.....plus it's time to bring Ebanks along.

And Goudelock... I like what he has to offer. He can be a poor man's Ray Allen.

akts 07-25-2012 02:39 PM

I would think that with nash coming on board he could get goudelock.. odom ..ebanks .. blake and even artest much cleaner looks and possibly as the season progressed improve them into a nice 3 point crew. I don't really see alot of deadly available bombers.

I do feel their confidence was shot when they all knew Kobe was gonna get the ball and try to do it all. Sort of like :biggums: :coleman: why am I even trying to get to this spot..

With Nash running things I do honestly feel Kobe will have to respect his decision
on the break and those guys are excited to know he will find them. They know they have to be ready and take and make those damn shots.

I Dunno. Just a thought that has been sticking in my head. What do you all feel?

DKLaker 07-25-2012 03:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak

:cheers:

kobe080 07-26-2012 05:59 PM

Quote:

idk. he was so bad in the summer league.

I want a legitimate SG with decent shooting range and some athleticism who can provide 15-20 min per game.

Like Shannon Brown couple years ago.

There's still Brandon Rush, Meeks available....

It would be great if Pau can persuade guys like Rudy Fernandez or Navarro to come to LA for a season with him during the Olympics lol

All Net 07-26-2012 06:05 PM

Mike redd is available

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-26-2012 06:06 PM

Quote:

those are really high expectations for Goudelock...I will be happy if he can be a poor man's Jason Terry

DKLaker 07-26-2012 11:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
those are really high expectations for Goudelock...I will be happy if he can be a poor man's Jason Terry

He can be a Jason Terry for sure!!!

Summer League stats :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Ask yourself........did he play better in the regular season or summer league?
Which do you prefer :hammerhead:

lakerfreak 07-27-2012 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
He can be a Jason Terry for sure!!!

Summer League stats :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm :facepalm
Ask yourself........did he play better in the regular season or summer league?
Which do you prefer :hammerhead:

I was just about to say that as well...that he had a really good regular season lool.

Summer league is a getting in shape type of thing. Perhaps jack as many shots as you can to try and work on some new developments. Never take it seriously.

I'll tell you what I do take seriously though, Pre-season.

DKLaker 07-27-2012 01:52 PM

Quote:

I was just about to say that as well...that he had a really good regular season lool.

Summer league is a getting in shape type of thing. Perhaps jack as many shots as you can to try and work on some new developments. Never take it seriously.

I'll tell you what I do take seriously though, Pre-season.

I take the last 3-4 games of pre-season seriously however the reality is that championship teams don't peak until late in the season.......we will be trying to figure out WTF Mike Brown is doing and Brown will be learning what a pick & roll is from Kobe and Nash.

Da Kobester 07-27-2012 09:21 PM

Iggy would'a should'a and could'a been nice but da Lakers roster done did set now! We gotta roll the dice and just go wit' what we's got aight? Why not give dat WBF wannabe MWP :wtf: a chance to re-juvenile-ate and re-ASS-ert himself from last year's shooting woe's:eek: . This is da area where A.J could come in as a garbage man and shine:D (will work for chip) if he puts up anywhere close to dem numbers from last year (17.3):bowdown: .

dd24 07-31-2012 11:34 AM

Jodie Meeks mentioned today that the Lakers were among his top 3 teams to sign with.