Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Amir Johnson Play's At UTSC Scarbrough Campus (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272427)

Legends66NBA7 07-24-2012 03:41 AM

Amir Johnson Play's At UTSC Scarbrough Campus

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpbZU...eature=g-all-u

Just some highlights of Amir. The description says it was an all-star game.

Includes one poster.

Legends66NBA7 07-24-2012 03:48 AM

Re: Amir Johnson Play's At UTSC Scarbrough Campus

Also realized that uploader is Amir Johnson's YouTube account.

Best subscribe to basketball inside looks or random stuff.

Burgz V2 08-01-2012 06:09 PM

i don't know why that guy thought he could block him smdh that was nasty

p reign overreacting though, no need to run the dude off the court this aint the rucker :rolleyes:

SourPatchKids 08-18-2012 10:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2

p reign overreacting though, no need to run the dude off the court this aint the rucker :rolleyes:

Yea, overreaction was pretty hilarious though.

Zan Tabak 08-19-2012 01:00 PM

Love how Amir embraces Toronto.

bokes15 08-19-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2

:oldlol: True. Thing about it though is, an NBA'er rolls through your gym, even him doing just average stuff (for him) is not the type of stuff you see everyday.

As for his actual highlights in that game, nothing special not even the dunk. Just a run of the mill hard dunk with the guy coming at him from the side, not a facial or anything. BUT i've always liked Amir the person. He's another guy who I can never question his effort or heart, and he's always seemed real down to earth. His skill level, I don't know i'd still say he would be best served as a rotational guy coming off the bench, playing some D, grabbing boards, and hustling his ass off. Just a cool guy in general though, seems like someone it'd be fun actually meeting him.

RaininThrees 08-19-2012 07:34 PM

Imagine some scrub blew out Amir's knee on the block?

I'd have to imagine Amir's received a phone call reminding him about his player insurance policy.

lilbeastnani 08-19-2012 08:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaininThrees
Imagine some scrub blew out Amir's knee on the block?

I'd have to imagine Amir's received a phone call reminding him about his player insurance policy.

:oldlol: Oh come on RT. What do you expect them to do during the off-season. Twiddle their thumbs, smoke weed, party and *********e?

Chamberlain 08-19-2012 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
:oldlol: Oh come on RT. What do you expect them to do during the off-season. Twiddle their thumbs, smoke weed, party and *********e?

As a single 25 year old man, I see nothing wrong with this lifestyle. :yaohappy:

bokes15 08-19-2012 10:05 PM

^^turned 25 this year or turning 26? I'm gonna be 25 in October.

Chamberlain 08-19-2012 10:33 PM

I'll be 26 in March. :(

RaininThrees 08-20-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani

Work out & train with other professionals?

There's nothing worse than playing with a gym rat who's trying to prove something.

Here's a story that's not even on that level:

In college I played varsity football. Every year, we put in a competitive intramural b-ball team. EVERY YEAR there'd be one or two guys who thought they'd be the one's who could be "tougher" than the football team. They'd try and show it in games, being more physical, fouling harder, etc. Finally, we had an incident where in a similar sort of play (that didn't result in a dunk) where a smaller guy took out one of our players at the knees and seriously injured him. He trashed talked the guy on the ground holding his knee, saying he wasn't so tough, etc. We're relative nobodies. Local stars. You've never heard of me, but we still had guys trying to "step up" at me and the guys on my team and be "the man" simply because they were playing against "someone" and wanted to show they belonged.

There was no reason for that guy to think he could block Amir Johnson. He's a nobody. But there he is, taking Amir to the ground on a dunk, trying to block a ball that's at least a foot higher than his reach.

Yeah, Amir could get hurt walking down the stairs in the off season. The point is to be smart about it and pick your battles, and don't pick your battles with people who have nothing to lose.

Chamberlain 08-20-2012 01:48 PM

Related story RT:

I played varsity basketball in university, and in the off-season I was asked by a bunch of guys who played rugby to join their club team. I was considering it, and then my coach basically told me if I got hurt playing rugby I could kiss my scholarship and my spot on the team goodbye.

It didn't even occur to me at the time that there was a severe risk for injury, but once coach laid out the rules for me, doing something that dumb (joining the rugby team) would have been the worst choice ever.

bokes15 08-20-2012 10:34 PM

Oh cool, didn't know we were about the same age. The big 2-5 coming up for me in about 6 weeks or so. I'm going to vegas!

Chamberlain 08-21-2012 10:29 AM

That's amazing man, have fun. A few have my friends have gone over the past two years and it sounds absolutely crazy, can't wait to go myself someday! How old did you think I was, by the way? :oldlol: