Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272674)

Bano114 07-26-2012 04:27 PM

Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Who do you think will be the better fantasy running back this season and why?

Arian Foster is playing on a team with one of the best offensive lines in football and one that runs the football more then almost any other team the NFL. He's a monster running the ball but he has some cons.

First, he is definitely injury prone. He missed significant time last season. Also he is not the only legit option his team has at RB. Ben Tate will take some snaps away from him and may even start some games if the Texans clinch a play-off spot early or Foster is aching.

Ray Rice on the other hand is heavily involved in his offense not only rushing the ball but receiving as well. I can't remember the last time he was seriously injured and missed time. Maybe it's never happened? Sure his team doesn't run the ball as much but IMO I think he's a much safer pick than Foster.

Who do you guys take and why?

InLebronWeTrust 07-26-2012 04:42 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
I'll go with Foster here. Better line, easier schedule, and he has Tate to give him some time off the field if he needs a breather.

I don't see Tate taking too many goalline tds away barring no injuries from Foster.

In a standard league: Foster. I guess in a PPR though I'd take a coin flip and be okay. If I have first pick though I might go with McCoy honestly.

-p.tiddy- 07-26-2012 04:59 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
I'm taking Ray Rice over Foster in any format, I just think that he is much less injury prone and a safer pick overall

TylerOO 07-26-2012 05:30 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
I love Ray Rice. Ricky Williams is gone so rices workload will increase, especially goal line situations. Ray rice had the most yards last year and I expect that once again. He also has the best FB in the game

Bano114 07-26-2012 06:50 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerOO
I love Ray Rice. Ricky Williams is gone so rices workload will increase, especially goal line situations. Ray rice had the most yards last year and I expect that once again. He also has the best FB in the game


Most rushing yards? I thought MJD had that. Isn't it a contract year for MJD though too? He and McCoy could easily be thrown in to this conversation.

The thing this year is there is no clear cut #1 RB. All four of those guys have a case. (MJD,McCoy,Rice,Foster)

code green 07-26-2012 09:51 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
I'm a big Ray Rice guy, I'd go for him myself. Give him the edge for his durability and receiving ability.

TylerOO 07-26-2012 10:13 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bano114
Most rushing yards? I thought MJD had that. Isn't it a contract year for MJD though too? He and McCoy could easily be thrown in to this conversation.

The thing this year is there is no clear cut #1 RB. All four of those guys have a case. (MJD,McCoy,Rice,Foster)

I meant rushing and receiving combined. And I think MJD is stuck with 2 years 9 mill left on hi contract if I heard on espn correctly.

christian1923 07-26-2012 10:53 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Give me the guy who is hungry for a new contract

ROCSteady 07-26-2012 11:31 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
So excited for my draft. I actually got a high pick this draft @ 3 spot. I'm snagging Aaron Rodgers cuz my boy has pick 1 he told me hes taking Foster. We live in Raven country so other dude mos likely taking Baby Ray

ROCSteady 07-26-2012 11:35 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
I'm taking Ray Rice over Foster in any format, I just think that he is much less injury prone and a safer pick overall



Well whadduya know, we agree on something of vital NFL significance

Rainwound 07-27-2012 12:24 AM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Ray Rice all day. With Williams gone his goal line carries should increase, plus all the extra yards he racks up in receiving.

Bano114 07-27-2012 12:54 AM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerOO
I meant rushing and receiving combined. And I think MJD is stuck with 2 years 9 mill left on hi contract if I heard on espn correctly.


If thats what you meant I think Darren Sproles had that. Didn't he set the record for total yardage last season? Could be wrong.

TylerOO 07-27-2012 12:59 AM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bano114
If thats what you meant I think Darren Sproles had that. Didn't he set the record for total yardage last season? Could be wrong.

Rice had the most rushing and receiving yards combined. Sproles had maybe the yards total because e returns kicks and punts. Not sure what they call it in the nfl. Yards from scrimmage? But I think that's just rushing and receiving. Someone else might know what's its called

Snoop_Cat 07-30-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
Gotta go Ray Rice. I'd also consider McCoy over Foster.

jazz873 07-30-2012 04:06 PM

Re: Fantasy Football: Ray Rice or Arian Foster
 
After seeing what Foster did in the playoffs its hard for me to bet against him


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:32 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy