Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Jacque Vaughn hired as head coach for the Orlando Magic (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272850)

Basketball Fan 07-28-2012 01:15 PM

Jacque Vaughn hired as head coach for the Orlando Magic

Jacque Vaughn, who spent the last two seasons as an assistant coach with the San Antonio Spurs and was a member of their 2006-07 NBA World Championship team as a player, has been named head coach, Orlando Magic General Manager Rob Hennigan announced today. Vaughn becomes the tenth head coach in franchise history.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10636

hihellohi765 07-28-2012 01:17 PM

Re: Jacque Vaughn hired as head coach for the Orlando Magic

Let's go D12!

bagelred 07-28-2012 01:33 PM

Seems they did this just to upset Shaq. :coleman:

jbot 07-28-2012 02:22 PM

hope he's a better coach than he was a player.

knickscity 07-28-2012 02:25 PM

Gotta trade Dwight before the season now.

Meticode 07-28-2012 02:25 PM

:ohwell: I'm not sure on this one. Oh well, if you're looking to break into the league as a new coach I guess it would be good to do it on a team with not a lot of expectations.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-28-2012 02:34 PM

Fcuking Magic Organization is such a joke....they could have hired PJ ....they said no and went on to hire a 30 yr odl Virgin in Rob Henny

They could have had well established coaches like Mcmilan,sloan or even assistants like Malone/Shaw...

after screwing these up 2...they went begging to Dwight to be with their franchise???? what a pity joke....

this is the reason some franchise never win...Magic is 1 of them....

knickscity 07-28-2012 02:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lakers_Kobe_Fan
Fcuking Magic Organization is such a joke....they could have hired PJ ....they said no and went on to hire a 30 yr odl Virgin in Rob Henny

They could have had well established coaches like Mcmilan,sloan or even assistants like Malone/Shaw...

after screwing these up 2...they went begging to Dwight to be with their franchise???? what a pity joke....

this is the reason some franchise never win...Magic is 1 of them....

What gives you the idea they could have hired Phil?

WockaVodka 07-28-2012 02:39 PM

I think he'll be a good coach. He is a smart guy. Their GM needs to be replaced though. :oldlol:

Richie2k6 07-28-2012 02:39 PM

ohhhh..... thaaaaaaaaaaat guy...

DStebb716 07-28-2012 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WockaVodka
I think he'll be a good coach. He is a smart guy. Their GM needs to be replaced though. :oldlol:

Their GM sounds like a naive six year old to me. He tried to convince Dwight to stay when he first got there (semi-understandable, always worth a shot). Was denied. Then trade talks happened, but he decided not to make the move. Then all of a sudden he flew out to LA to try to convince Dwight to stay AGAIN, with NO chance that Dwight would agree. It's like he hasn't paid attention to the situation at all.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-28-2012 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
What gives you the idea they could have hired Phil?

throw enough money at Phil and he will come ....He wanted to go in management....and he was interested in the magic job....

this Vaughn hire tells me...they are going in total rebuild mode where they will have top 3-5 picks in next 3 years

Remember OKC's model is great but they got hella lucky too.....

knickscity 07-28-2012 02:48 PM

Quote:

throw enough money at Phil and he will come ....He wanted to go in management....and he was interested in the magic job....

this Vaughn hire tells me...they are going in total rebuild mode where they will have top 3-5 picks in next 3 years

Remember OKC's model is great but they got hella lucky too.....

Jackson's longtime agents Todd and Brian Musburger said the Magic had never made contact with them about the 11-time NBA championship-winning coach, while an NBA.com source said the team was not interested in hiring him.

"One, Phil never voiced any interest in Orlando, never had us check it out, never checked it out himself," Todd Musburger said. "Two, Orlando never called."

I agree with your point on the rebuilding part though, there is alot of luck involved with that.

Lakers_Kobe_Fan 07-28-2012 03:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by knickscity
Jackson's longtime agents Todd and Brian Musburger said the Magic had never made contact with them about the 11-time NBA championship-winning coach, while an NBA.com source said the team was not interested in hiring him.

"One, Phil never voiced any interest in Orlando, never had us check it out, never checked it out himself," Todd Musburger said. "Two, Orlando never called."

I agree with your point on the rebuilding part though, there is alot of luck involved with that.

reports were also out that Martins never wanted to have a President who wont be in Orlando 24/7....

after that report this report came out....to save face i guess....

I would have still hired PJ to earn some credibility with Howard and then ask him to stay....

I bet Dwight dont have the balls to yell/shout at pj if PJ went to meet with him

knickscity 07-28-2012 03:15 PM

Quote:

reports were also out that Martins never wanted to have a President who wont be in Orlando 24/7....

after that report this report came out....to save face i guess....

I would have still hired PJ to earn some credibility with Howard and then ask him to stay....

I bet Dwight dont have the balls to yell/shout at pj if PJ went to meet with him

Phil doesn't do rebuilds, not really even believable he'd consider Orlando.

They are a compete mess.