Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Seattle SuperSonics Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   who would take, Kemp (Seattle days) or Amare Stoudemire? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2729)

blinkbizk87 06-24-2006 10:51 PM

who would take, Kemp (Seattle days) or Amare Stoudemire?
 
i say kemp, just because he was so versatile, and had such complete game, where as amare cant dribble up the court, has no shot, just real atheletic and aggresive

SHADYMILKMAN 06-24-2006 10:52 PM

yes.

WADE MONEY 06-24-2006 10:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkbizk87
i say kemp, just because he was so versatile, and had such complete game, where as amare cant dribble up the court, has no shot, just real atheletic and aggresive


might wanna check your alarm clock there buddy, you seem to be stuck in 2003

Shepseskaf 06-24-2006 10:57 PM

Kemp. In his prime he was better than Amare can even think of being.

Zombles 06-24-2006 11:02 PM

Depends on what you want. Kemp can't touch Amare's offensive game but Amare is a little behind prime-Kemp in most other areas.

Jerm 06-24-2006 11:04 PM

Quote:

Depends on what you want. Kemp can't touch Amare's offensive game but Amare is a little behind prime-Kemp in most other areas.

If Amare takes offence and Kemp takes defence, what other areas are left?...Jumo ball and mid-court tip?

A Roc 23 06-24-2006 11:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
Kemp. In his prime he was better than Amare can even think of being.


Why is that? Better then he can dream? In his prime he was 20/11, Amare was 26/9 in his 3rd year. . .

miles berg 06-24-2006 11:09 PM

Been watching the NBA hardcore since 1986 and the Amare we saw pre-microfracture BLEW AWAY Shawn Kemp with the Sonics.

Like comparing Dirk to Tom Chambers or, to another level, Bird to Dirk.

PP34Deuce 06-24-2006 11:09 PM

where as amare cant dribble up the court, has no shot, just real atheletic and aggresive"

Amare has taken guys off the dribble from the foul line. I take amare....

AMARE has that mean streak that i cant see him stop having. Kemp was smarter defensively, but Amare has him offensively.

Zombles 06-24-2006 11:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jerm
If Amare takes offence and Kemp takes defence, what other areas are left?...Jumo ball and mid-court tip?


You just answered your own question Dorothy.

blinkbizk87 06-24-2006 11:29 PM

i donno guys, Kemp might have not scored as much, i mean a kemp with steve nash probly would be 30pts a game, put nash with like payton of back in the day, i dont think hed be the same, like 1-1 i think the old kemp would school amare, kemp could get him with the 3, or off the drible, kemp had better D, kemp was more exciting, dont take me wrong, amare is hell of a exciting player, but he cant go with the ball from one basketball to the other while dribbling, kemp was much more threatful.

A Roc 23 06-24-2006 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by blinkbizk87
i donno guys, Kemp might have not scored as much, i mean a kemp with steve nash probly would be 30pts a game, put nash with like payton of back in the day, i dont think hed be the same, like 1-1 i think the old kemp would school amare, kemp could get him with the 3, or off the drible, kemp had better D, kemp was more exciting, dont take me wrong, amare is hell of a exciting player, but he cant go with the ball from one basketball to the other while dribbling, kemp was much more threatful.


Amare averaged 23 points with JUST Barbosa as is PG. Welcome to 2006.

Kemp WAS NOT a 3 point shooter. He was like a 25% 3 point shooter and rumour has it that Amare is much improved from deep anyway.

Saying Kemp was more exciting is extremely subjective. I don't feel the same way, but it's all personal opinion. Amare is a decent dribbler, a great dribbler from the PF/C position. Anyone who thinks otherwise obviously didn't watch him often.

PS. What does threatful mean?

PPS. Are you Shawn Kemp?

mistadobilina 06-24-2006 11:51 PM

kemp because he was one of favorates but if he wasn't it would amare

vincentda 06-25-2006 12:10 AM

I don't know what Kemp and Amare some of you guys have been watching but the Kemp that I have about 2 hours of Sportscenter footage of and countless Sonic games I watched didn't have the offensive game that Amare has and although a prime Kemp was statistically a better rebounder and shotblocker then the young Amare that we have seen so far, i'm not sure he's a better rebounder or defensive player. This argument is often said with Shaq. As evident by his rookie year, if Shaq wanted to focus more on rebounding and shot blocking and less on offense he would of been a top 3 each year. Amare also doesn't come close to leading the league in disqualifications either since he doesn't unwisely go for every block the way Kemp did.

As for ball handling and passing, remember Kemp was a turnover machine.

Excitement? I'll go with Amare with the dunks. Kemp's dunks weren't much better or happened more often than Amare it's just that alley-oopers were more rare back then.

A Roc 23 06-25-2006 12:14 AM

Also, last time we say a healthy Amare he was dropping 37/12 on the eventual finals MVP, Tim Duncan. If he comes back healthy I don't think it's a stretch to say his prime is yet to come.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:38 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy