Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Detroit Pistons Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=23)
-   -   Charlie Villanueva motivated by scorn from fans (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=272977)

insidehoops 07-30-2012 05:03 AM

Charlie Villanueva motivated by scorn from fans

The Detroit Free Press reports:

"There are things that happen that sometimes you can't control, and people can't understand that," he said Sunday. "They don't know the whole story, but absolutely I use some of it.

"You hear it, but I don't let it affect me. It just drives you to get better. You use it as motivation and carry a chip on your shoulder. That's the approach I'm taking, and I'm just ready to get on the floor."

It started with the NBA lockout, which cost Villanueva an off-season that would have been helpful in getting acquainted with new Pistons coach Lawrence Frank's system.

Then there was an ankle injury suffered in training camp that caused him to miss much of the lockout-shortened season. And when he did return, Frank didn't want to disrupt the chemistry of the team.

dd24 07-30-2012 07:21 PM

Re: Charlie Villanueva motivated by scorn from fans

Every year there's stories about how Charlie is more motivated, in better shape, etc, etc. At this point I'd rather see our young guys get more PT and develop. Charlie could be a solid player. I think he needs a change of scenery. He'd be good with a back to the basket kind of C.

Aussie Dunker 07-30-2012 08:37 PM

No way - don't but into this at all. F*** him off already, will be piszed if he gets any playing time when we have Drummond and Jerebko to give plenty of minutes too... He has not done ANYTHING for us, we owe him no respect

SourPatchKids 08-02-2012 12:47 PM

Highly unlikely but I wouldn't count out a most improved award for Charlie.

dd24 08-02-2012 02:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Highly unlikely but I wouldn't count out a most improved award for Charlie.

Only if he gets traded to another team which is doubtful. If Charlie gets enough PT with Detroit to win that award it will be a very disappointing season for us. That would mean Drummond would barely crack the lineup.....

Whoah10115 08-02-2012 03:31 PM

The word is amnesty.

dd24 08-02-2012 08:39 PM

I think Joe D said a few weeks back that he wasn't going to amnesty Charlie.

embersyc 08-03-2012 08:02 AM

Well the amnesty deadline already passed a few weeks back anyways. Players can't be amnestied until next offseason's period now.

You can pretty much bet he will axed then if he doesn't have a miraculous season. According to hoops hype Pistons current payroll is $64,509,791, but we are only on the books for $32,067,227 next season, and amnestying CV then will bring that total down another 8.5 million.

el gringos 08-09-2012 05:05 AM

Tell me would Detroit take place in this trade

Detroit gets Kevin Martin and m Morris

Ny gets Villenueva , a daye , Motiejunas

Houston gets Amare , ny 1st , det 2 nd

dd24 08-09-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by el gringos
Tell me would Detroit take place in this trade

Detroit gets Kevin Martin and m Morris