Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   Why Sam Smith thinks this year won't be bad at all (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273000)

Tenchi Ryu 07-30-2012 03:50 PM

Why Sam Smith thinks this year won't be bad at all

Another great article by Sam, and puts a lot of the fear to rest.
http://blogs.bulls.com/2012/07/who-s...y-for-2012-13/

nightprowler10 07-30-2012 05:10 PM

Re: Why Sam Smith thinks this year won't be bad at all

Too much optimism. I mean, I agree our bench might eventually be as good as it was last year when Rose is back, but to say they'll be better than Indiana without Rose is overstating it IMO.

Tenchi Ryu 07-30-2012 08:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Too much optimism. I mean, I agree our bench might eventually be as good as it was last year when Rose is back, but to say they'll be better than Indiana without Rose is overstating it IMO.

To be fair, it does match up pretty equally. They have All-Star level talent in Granger and Hibbert, and we do in Deng and Noah.

Even without Rose, a Deng-Noah-Boozer lead team is STILL a legit team. Maybe not championship one, but that's FAR from terrible.

ljsbb27 07-30-2012 08:49 PM

I think we'll be in the 6-7 seed range.

If Rose comes back in late February early March and is able to contribute he may push us to maybe the 4-5 seed.

As of right now I see it as follows:

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Pacers
6. Bulls
7. Sixers
8. Hawks

May contend for the 8 seed: Magic (Who knows what will happen with Dwight),
Bucks, Pistons, Wizards.

If it played out that way we'd play Knicks in the 1st round, Celtics in the 2nd round and avoid the Heat until the ECF.

I'm not giving up on this season. I know it's a big unknown, but if Rose can work himself into playing shape and stay healthy the last few months of the season when he comes back before the playoffs along with an improved roster anything can happen.

Aside from the Heat I truly believe we can beat anyone in the East.
Against the Heat a lot of things would have to go right and pretty much everyone would have to be playing their best, but we could pull of the upset.

nightprowler10 07-31-2012 12:48 PM

Why are the Knicks getting overrated again?

Rose 07-31-2012 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nightprowler10
Why are the Knicks getting overrated again?

They have a point guard again?:lol

I think Amare comes back healthy/in shape, and also helps make a difference too.

Abe Frohman 08-01-2012 10:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljsbb27
I think we'll be in the 6-7 seed range.

If Rose comes back in late February early March and is able to contribute he may push us to maybe the 4-5 seed.

As of right now I see it as follows:

1. Heat
2. Celtics
3. Knicks
4. Nets
5. Pacers
6. Bulls
7. Sixers
8. Hawks

May contend for the 8 seed: Magic (Who knows what will happen with Dwight),
Bucks, Pistons, Wizards.

If it played out that way we'd play Knicks in the 1st round, Celtics in the 2nd round and avoid the Heat until the ECF.

I'm not giving up on this season. I know it's a big unknown, but if Rose can work himself into playing shape and stay healthy the last few months of the season when he comes back before the playoffs along with an improved roster anything can happen.

Aside from the Heat I truly believe we can beat anyone in the East.
Against the Heat a lot of things would have to go right and pretty much everyone would have to be playing their best, but we could pull of the upset.

The knicks being HEAVILY overrated at #3? My only response to that is.. :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: :biggums: