Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273058)

Myth 07-31-2012 05:13 AM

Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Now that a majority of the huge blockbusters of summer are out of the way, it is about that time of year to start reflecting. Obviously these lists will be updated throughout the year.

Here are mine so far:
1. Prometheus
2. Dark Knight Rises
3. Avengers
4. Cabin in the Woods
5. 21 Jump Street

Honorable mention: The Amazing Spider-Man, Ted

NuggetsFan 07-31-2012 05:16 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
21 Jump Street
Iron Sky

Would be my favorite two. I don't go to the theatre much so I wait for everything to be released on DVD\Blue Ray :lol

EricGordon23 07-31-2012 05:30 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
1. Avengers
2. Dark Knight Rises
3. Cabin in the woods
4. Chronicles
5.Goon

Honorable mention: The watch , 21 jumpstreet and Ted

ukplayer4 07-31-2012 06:02 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
we haven't had any of the good films yet. if any summer movies make my final top 10 of the year it means it was a REALLY bad year. but so far....


1. the hunter 8.5/10
2. the hunger games 8.5/10
3. snow white and the huntsman 8/10
4. the dark knight rises 8/10
5. the avengers/prometheus 8/10



shamefully i think I've missed most of the significant films of the year so far, need to catch up on turin horse/cabin in the woods/once upon a time in anatolia/moonrise kingdom/brave/magic mike etc

for you guys in the u.s, hopefully you caught kill list this year, superb little cult horror/black comedy/psychological thriller from ben wheatley- probably next big hollywood director i expect at the rate they are being snapped up right now. are there any americans doing big budget hollywood these days?

hoopaddict08 07-31-2012 07:59 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
I have only been to the theater once this year. So I'm still waiting for a lot of the movies to come out so I can watch them at home.

In no order:
The Amazing Spiderman
American Reunion
Safe House
Contraband
21 Jumpstreet

28renyoy 07-31-2012 08:36 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
1. Moonrise Kingdom and it's not even close

AboveTheRim. 07-31-2012 10:07 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Myth
Now that a majority of the huge blockbusters of summer are out of the way, it is about that time of year to start reflecting. Obviously these lists will be updated throughout the year.

Here are mine so far:
1. Prometheus
2. Dark Knight Rises
3. Avengers
4. Cabin in the Woods
5. 21 Jump Street

Honorable mention: The Amazing Spider-Man, Ted



Different order for me, but my list is the same as yours. I'd put the Hunger Games as an honorable mention too, and I can almost guarantee that The Hobbit will be number 1 on my list (I'm hoping it doesn't disappoint).

hoopaddict08 07-31-2012 10:53 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
A lot of movies I want to see still haven't hit theaters yet: The Hobbit, New James Bond, and even the new Bourne movie coming out next month.

Mr Know It All 07-31-2012 11:34 AM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
It's been a pretty sorry year so far, but here are mine:

1) The Hunter 8/10
2) Cabin in the Woods 7.5/10
3) Chronicle 7/10
4) The Dark Knight Rises 7/10
5) Immortals 5/10 (Entertaining brainless flick, I loved it)

Worst:

The Hunger Games
The Devil Inside
The Sitter

All made me want to throw up. Hunger Games was over hyped cliche crap. Don't know why so many people love it, ****ing Gamer was better.

Myth 07-31-2012 04:02 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ukplayer4


for you guys in the u.s, hopefully you caught kill list this year, superb little cult horror/black comedy/psychological thriller from ben wheatley- probably next big hollywood director i expect at the rate they are being snapped up right now. are there any americans doing big budget hollywood these days?


Never heard of it, but just watched the trailer and have added it to my "to watch" list.

For those saying it is a sorry year for movies, I think this year has already outshined last year's crappy movies, and we still have many months to go. Django Unchained is the only movie I am near 100% will be in my top 5 that hasn't come out yet, but I also have high hopes for Bond.

-p.tiddy- 07-31-2012 06:55 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
1. Prometheus
2. The Avengers
3. The Dark Knight Rises

these are the only movies I have seen at the theater this year...

-p.tiddy- 07-31-2012 06:57 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
5) Immortals 5/10 (Entertaining brainless flick, I loved it)

this movie is awesome, I was very surprised...I think it is extremely underrated

MUCH MUCH better than 300... Mickey Rourke was amazing IMO, better than Bane in TDKR


it came out in 2011 though

niko 07-31-2012 07:08 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
1. Prometheus
2. The Avengers
3. The Dark Knight Rises

these are the only movies I have seen at the theater this year...


Iv'e seen those same three and Brave. So sad...:lol

sunsfan1357 07-31-2012 07:10 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
1. Prometheus
2. The Avengers
3. The Dark Knight Rises

these are the only movies I have seen at the theater this year...

Didn't you make a thread about how badass Underworld was too?

As for my top five I'd go:

1. Prometheus
2. Avengers
3. TDKR
4. Chronicle
5. Snow White

There's quite a few movies I didn't see this year that I wanted to (Hunger Games being one), especially since the local theater has 5 dollar matinees on the weekdays.

AboveTheRim. 07-31-2012 07:14 PM

Re: Top 5 Favorite Movies of 2012
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
It's been a pretty sorry year so far, but here are mine:

1) The Hunter 8/10
2) Cabin in the Woods 7.5/10
3) Chronicle 7/10
4) The Dark Knight Rises 7/10
5) Immortals 5/10 (Entertaining brainless flick, I loved it)

Worst:

The Hunger Games
The Devil Inside
The Sitter

All made me want to throw up. Hunger Games was over hyped cliche crap. Don't know why so many people love it, ****ing Gamer was better.


Yeah, a movie about kids being forced to kill other kids is wayyyyy too cliche (take away Battle Royale and find me a movie like that). Sure, there was that lame hollwood romance between the two main characters, but stuff like that seems to appear in most movies nowadays. If you can't look past some minor elements in film to enjoy the rest then that's your problem.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:24 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy