Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Prometheus 2 (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273182)

Patrick Chewing 08-01-2012 06:17 PM

Prometheus 2

....is coming

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Prome...ing-32247.html

-p.tiddy- 08-01-2012 06:27 PM

Re: Prometheus 2

Quote:

THR reports the studio has now committed to developing a sequel with Scott, they and are "actively pushing ahead." As Michael Fassbender and Noomi Rapace are already committed to star, the untitled sequel would presumably follow archaeologist turned alien-creator Elizabeth Shaw and her less-than-trusty companion David The Decapitated Android on their quest to track down the Engineers native planet. It's a premise ripe with possibility, but currently unwritten.

awesome...I will def be seeing this movie, loved Prometheus

Mr Know It All 08-01-2012 06:46 PM

Hopefully the moron behind LOST Damon Lindelof isn't going to write the second one because the script was a mess.

DonDadda59 08-01-2012 06:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr Know It All
Hopefully the moron behind LOST Damon Lindelof isn't going to write the second one because the script was a mess.

Doesn't look like he's going to be attached to the project, he has too many projects on his docket including Star Trek 2, which should take up most of his time. I like what they've done with the viral campaign so far with the allusions to time travel and the engineers/jockeys being what humans eventually evolve into (Thus spoke Zarathustra, Nietzsche's ‹bermensch, etc). Hopefully they take the time to put it all together in a way that isn't cluttered and nonsensical.

Draz 08-01-2012 06:53 PM

I didn't even see the first one yet.

Meticode 08-01-2012 07:14 PM

It's not even playing anywhere locally anymore here.

Cangri 08-01-2012 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
I didn't even see the first one yet.

Only reason to watch it was because of the special effects in Imax 3D, other than that the movie was pretty average.

Lamar Doom 08-01-2012 07:26 PM

Ah, nice. I think this was expected but glad to know its officially in the works

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Doesn't look like he's going to be attached to the project, he has too many projects on his docket including Star Trek 2

Star Trek 2 has been done filming for quite a while. If you have a fantasy Hollywood team draft Zachery quinto, he's about to blow up.

Myth 08-01-2012 09:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cangri
Only reason to watch it was because of the special effects in Imax 3D, other than that the movie was pretty average.

It had some pretty intense scenes as well. The story and character decisions are where most people have issues with it.

Mr Know It All 08-01-2012 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DonDadda59
Doesn't look like he's going to be attached to the project, he has too many projects on his docket including Star Trek 2, which should take up most of his time. I like what they've done with the viral campaign so far with the allusions to time travel and the engineers/jockeys being what humans eventually evolve into (Thus spoke Zarathustra, Nietzsche's ‹bermensch, etc). Hopefully they take the time to put it all together in a way that isn't cluttered and nonsensical.

Yes I was fascinated by the concept and honestly it was my most anticipated movie of the year, but in the end the poorly drawn out characters and dreadful dialogue really hurt the movie. The visuals were still beautiful, and it had some redeeming qualities, but it ended up being such a disappointment it'll be hard to get excited for the 2nd one.

JustinJDW 08-01-2012 11:59 PM

Awesome, looking forward to it. I really liked Prometheus. I think it got way too much shit for stupid reasons. I don't think I've ever seen a movie get nitpicked as much as Prometheus did in years. I'm very glad it did well at the box office. The public was hyping it up so much, that when it came out and it wasn't Dark Knight like, people were disappointed. Kind of unfair actually.

In reality, it was a very good movie, in my opinion.

-p.tiddy- 08-02-2012 12:33 AM

The c-section scene was intense as hell...just awesome

There were flaws but they are small imo...

KDTrey5 08-02-2012 01:07 AM

heard it was shit tho

LiLharvard 08-02-2012 02:33 AM

I enjoyed promethius 1, it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole movie I was disappointed in the lack of blood and gore but I still give it 3.5 stars out of 5. Promethius 2 was always going to happen and I can't wait !!!!!!!! I'm a huge fan of alien so I might be a little bias.

Myth 08-02-2012 02:37 AM

Prometheus certainly had issues, but it is my favorite movie of the year so far anyway (barely ahead of TDKR, which is barely ahead of Avengers).