Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Chicago Bulls Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=19)
-   -   My Draft Day Wish (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2735)

PJA 06-25-2006 01:11 AM

My Draft Day Wish

Pick Brandon Roy at #2

Trade #16 and either Sweetney or Duhon to move up in the draft to select Sheldon Williams.

or

Pick Tyrus Thomas at #2

Trade #16 and either Sweetney or Duhon to move up in the draft to select Ronnie Brewer.

What do you think?

JordanPippenRodman 06-25-2006 01:18 AM

i really like your 1st scenario but the 2nd one i'm not so sure about. i just really don't like tyrus thomas for some reason. he seems like an ego maniac who is 6 foot 7 in socks trying to play PF. if you listen to his interviews, he says he's best suited for the 3 but can play 4.

ballinhun8 06-27-2006 02:12 AM

Personally, as a Bulls fan, I don't like either scenario's selections at the 2 spot but I'm ok w/ the next pick.

If we get Roy or Thomas it's a waste.

We need LaMarcus or Adam. Either is fine. Even Bargnani I'd live with but not those 2.

vmdv12 06-27-2006 09:28 AM

Any scenario selecting Ronnie Brewer is a good one. He's the best defender in the draft. Nobody is even mentioning how athletic he is. He's 223 pounds. During the weight lifting part of the combine...he Benched 185 lbs 19 times...almsot double what Carney did and triple what Roy did. I'm not saying that translates to a great NBA career, what I'm saying is that he is strong. His vertical was also one of the best. He's a freak athlet that can defend and thrive in the transition game and his jump shot isn't as bad as they say. It looks ugly, but hey, if it goes in who cares what it looks like. Look at Shawn Marion's jump shot.

Bulls_Fan20 06-27-2006 12:15 PM

Trade the #2 pick and move down a little bit and get Ronnie Brewer there, then take Saer Sene with the #16 pick. That gives us the tall, defensive-minded guard we need, and also a Tyrus Thomas + 4 inches. Why waste the #2 pick on Thomas when we can get Sene, who will be just as good or better in the NBA than Thomas? This would allow us to keep our core players intact, and also maybe bring in a veteran big guy from the trade. I think this makes more sense than trading up from the #16 spot and having to give up Duhon.

Raildog 06-28-2006 08:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vmdv12
Any scenario selecting Ronnie Brewer is a good one. He's the best defender in the draft. Nobody is even mentioning how athletic he is. He's 223 pounds. During the weight lifting part of the combine...he Benched 185 lbs 19 times...almsot double what Carney did and triple what Roy did. I'm not saying that translates to a great NBA career, what I'm saying is that he is strong. His vertical was also one of the best. He's a freak athlet that can defend and thrive in the transition game and his jump shot isn't as bad as they say. It looks ugly, but hey, if it goes in who cares what it looks like. Look at Shawn Marion's jump shot.

Roy can only bench 65 lbs?

Thats a little over the bar... he may be weak but i find that hard to believe...

I even find it hard to believe about Carney...

Even 185 lbs is not that much... 19 times is impressive though...

I would find it hard to believe a professional athlete would be so weak... I would find it hard to believe a professional basketball would not be able to bench at least 150 lbs at least 10 times...