Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Streetball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   Team mates attitude (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273635)

Ai2death 08-07-2012 10:04 AM

Team mates attitude

I need help, only been playing for a few years, but ive often found that if my team mate argues with the ref or keeps complaining bout foul calls it throws my whole game off and I lose all confidence.

How do I prevent this? How can I play my best despite my teammates actions or attitudes?

Overdrive 08-07-2012 10:36 AM

Re: Team mates attitude

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ai2death
I need help, only been playing for a few years, but ive often found that if my team mate argues with the ref or keeps complaining bout foul calls it throws my whole game off and I lose all confidence.

How do I prevent this? How can I play my best despite my teammates actions or attitudes?

Talk to your teammate(s), if it's one or two guys you should make it clear that it disrupts your game and arguing with the ref doesn't help anyway. Show maturity and wish to make the team better. You better = team better, because I don't think your teammates get better by arguing about calls.

Rake2204 08-07-2012 11:13 AM

If you're afraid of confrontation and making things worse with your teammates, I recommend positive reaffirmation. Some people respond best when someone's straight up with them, meaning if they're arguing with a ref, they need to hear someone say, "Dude, shut up and play some defense". More often, I think teammates respond better to positive re-directions. Things like, "We're alright, let's get another stop." Or, "We're good, we're good. Let's play through this." Recognize the issue, overcome.

On the flip side, I understand how the arguing may annoy you, but how does it destroy your confidence? It's not as if they're arguing with you directly about your game.

Ai2death 08-07-2012 07:29 PM

I don't know, all I know is once they start arguing, it's like I stop careing or start thinking too much -.- all I know is my game goes out the window. I feel as though my team doesn't trust me or agree with my decisions anyway, even though I have proven over and over that I'm the best on this team.

It's mainly just one guy, but I've told him to stop arguing, told him to take his time and all that good stuff. But I swear his retarded, everything just straight through his head. And then he acts like his listening but very next play his straight back at it.

So yeah, I was more after a way where I can just block him out somehow. Like get my flow going despite his actions.

KDTrey5 08-07-2012 07:44 PM

just tell him to stfu and play the game, we aint nba players. we fcking regular ball players here

TMacMagic 08-07-2012 10:28 PM

Tell him that you're the Michael Jordan of streetball and to stop hatin'.