Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Kenyon Martin considering joining Lakers (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273772)

kkinchen 08-08-2012 05:16 PM

Kenyon Martin considering joining Lakers

Is he a good fit? If it comes down to it, I'd rather have Barbosa or Pietrus added to our team, then Kenyon.

ZeN 08-09-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Kenyon Martin considering joining Lakers

Im pretty sure its a leverage move.. Using the Lakers so that he gets a contract with the nets..

ThyGreatOne 08-09-2012 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kkinchen
I'd rather have Barbosa or Pietrus added to our team, then Kenyon.

Personally, I'd like LB over K-Mart as well! I think the bench value of Barbosa would be much greater then that of Martin. To change pace for a few mins, has anyone heard news surrounding O'Neal? Last I read he was in talks with Kobe, and interested in the Lakers. I don't know if Jermaine has anything left, but he sure seems to think he does, lol

All Net 08-11-2012 02:27 PM

He's choosing between lakers and Knicks.

Decision soon I imagine

kobesabi 08-11-2012 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by All Net
He's choosing between lakers and Knicks.

Decision soon I imagine

1hr special?

lakerfreak 08-12-2012 04:26 AM

Don't need him with Jordan Hill and Antawn Jamison taking the 4 and 5 spots. I doubt Jamison would see much of the 3 position since he is a bit elderly.

Edit: Now that I think about this again 30 seconds later, perhaps he would be good to have until Dwight Howard comes back from back surgery recovery...

DKLaker 08-12-2012 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Don't need him with Jordan Hill and Antawn Jamison taking the 4 and 5 spots. I doubt Jamison would see much of the 3 position since he is a bit elderly.

Edit: Now that I think about this again 30 seconds later, perhaps he would be good to have until Dwight Howard comes back from back surgery recovery...

Now apparently, Howard's doctor says he'll be 100% for the start of the season.....I'm not sure what to believe:confusedshrug:

kobesabi 08-12-2012 06:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
Now apparently, Howard's doctor says he'll be 100% for the start of the season.....I'm not sure what to believe:confusedshrug:

Is Dr. Klapper his doc? I thought Dr. Klapper was just ESPN doc analyst thing about type of injuries athletes have.

magicmanfan 08-13-2012 03:40 PM

Quote:

Dr. said 6-9 months after April surgery.... means anytime between Oct.
and Jan.

Depends on how he heals and feels.......

lakerfreak 08-13-2012 04:10 PM

Quote:

I guess we have to think of the source. Howard's people would probably say he'll be just fine for his value. Not sure what good that would do now that he's locked in the season anyways. So perhaps it is accurate? If he is 100% by season start, I would want him to take a couple of weeks off anyways, to get back in shape and to strengthen his back. That way he can just come back in and play with no mental barriers.