Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Match.com (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273827)

9erempiree 08-09-2012 05:35 AM

Match.com

I know it may sound strange because I am "old skool" but the honey that I wanted to marry broke up with me months ago. Even though I had hope of winning her back, the broad has a boyfriend now.:facepalm

So I am thinking about joining this dating site, as you may know, I am not spamming for this site and since I am older, I don't believe in finding someone online. Since the internet is fake...right? No...the internet is real just like Facebook, Linkedin and Twitter.

So I have decided to give this dating site a chance and wanted to know experiences from everyone about this site and what I am getting into.

any thoughts?

should I do it?

I am pretty sure what I want to do but wanted to ask my thousands of friends on ISH first.

'

East_Stone_Ya 08-09-2012 06:50 AM

Re: Match.com

man...just watch out there are a lot of desperate milf's there

kNIOKAS 08-09-2012 07:03 AM

after your teens, dating sites will get you no good. only sad people there, like you. I mean, seriously... you wanted to marry her, and she did this to you and you're not winning her back? that looks like you failed, big time either by breaking up with her or by choosing the wrong one in the first place. I hope it's the latter. anyway, good luck.. I'm sad with you, not for you.

Raz 08-09-2012 08:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
after your teens, dating sites will get you no good. only sad people there, like you. I mean, seriously... you wanted to marry her, and she did this to you and you're not winning her back? that looks like you failed, big time either by breaking up with her or by choosing the wrong one in the first place. I hope it's the latter. anyway, good luck.. I'm sad with you, not for you.

Don't listen to this Euro-teen twot-face of a poster.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. Use a dating website to meet some women, and build your confidence up. It can take awhile after being in a long-term relationship. Then get out and meet real women

kNIOKAS 08-09-2012 08:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
Don't listen to this Euro-teen twot-face of a poster.

Do what makes you feel comfortable. Use a dating website to meet some women, and build your confidence up. It can take awhile after being in a long-term relationship. Then get out and meet real women

why would you call me Euro-teen??? plus, that was all that your post was useful for.

Dating sites will sure build your confidence up as it's full of losers. If you're type that feels good between inferiors, it's for you... Anyway, if you REALLY wanted to get self confidence, get out there and start talking girls up.

Raz 08-09-2012 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
why would you call me Euro-teen??? plus, that was all that your post was useful for.

Dating sites will sure build your confidence up as it's full of losers. If you're type that feels good between inferiors, it's for you... Anyway, if you REALLY wanted to get self confidence, get out there and start talking girls up.

You're talking to an old man, look how he types. Old guys have no game, he needs to work it on internet trolls first.

I called you Euro-teen because that's what you are.

matt1016 08-09-2012 02:48 PM

I don't want to talk too much about my personal life here, but I used that particular service for a few years. I had some funny dates, some ok dates, got one long-term girlfriend, and then I met my wife on there. She wrote me, we went out for dinner, and we've been married 4 years now.

It's just like anything else on the internet - go slow at first, watch out for "too good to be true" profiles, and try to write something funny. It helps you stand out.

kNIOKAS 08-09-2012 02:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raz
You're talking to an old man, look how he types. Old guys have no game, he needs to work it on internet trolls first.

I called you Euro-teen because that's what you are.

Well you better not get into cussing with me. Just sayin. Let the thread dwell

LamarOdom 08-09-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by matt1016
I don't want to talk too much about my personal life here, but I used that particular service for a few years. I had some funny dates, some ok dates, got one long-term girlfriend, and then I met my wife on there. She wrote me, we went out for dinner, and we've been married 4 years now.

It's just like anything else on the internet - go slow at first, watch out for "too good to be true" profiles, and try to write something funny. It helps you stand out.

You should say that to your wife-

EricGordon23 08-09-2012 03:12 PM

Do what you got to do. IMO bars are better. If this is going to help you gain confidence why not? You should try speed dating looks wack.

BuGzBuNNy 08-09-2012 03:17 PM

plentyoffish.com or just pof.com

Real Men Wear Green 08-09-2012 03:18 PM

I don't think Kobe has a profile.

Bucket_Nakedz 08-09-2012 03:24 PM

I remember trying to sign up couple of years ago to scope out some singles but got denied. Cant remember which dating site it was tho

Raz 08-09-2012 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Do what you got to do. IMO bars are better. If this is going to help you gain confidence why not? You should try speed dating looks wack.

Bars are not better. Meeting people super drunk compared to rational meeting... fail and you show your age.

However, I say neither are any good. I have always done my work in the daytime.

Raz 08-09-2012 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bucket_Nakedz
I remember trying to sign up couple of years ago to scope out some singles but got denied. Cant remember which dating site it was tho

Rough. Were you sending peeny pics?