Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   College and High School Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE! (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=273945)

Burgz V2 08-09-2012 11:38 PM

Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
I can't remember being this excited for college basketball in a while

I'm a Michigan State fan. I will say I have gotten a lot more interested in the actual recruiting process over the past couple of years. It has given me a whole new perspective on college basketball.

That being said, are there any hardcore college ball fans in here? I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about other squads in anticipation of the tourney

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 12:41 AM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Too bad no postseason for the huskies. I think I'm also rooting for the spartans next year.

Burgz V2 08-10-2012 01:02 AM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Too bad no postseason for the huskies. I think I'm also rooting for the spartans next year.


lol too bad?

this was long overdue. they get away with a lot of violations over the years

not saying no one else is doing, just don't be stupid enough to get caught

a lot will be riding on Branden Dawson coming back healthy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyAS7dTmp6A

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KYs0GQ843E

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 02:36 AM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Yeah, I know, but feel bad for the fans.

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 08:37 AM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1344460343
Favorite player in the country. Not a big buckeyes fan though.

Burgz V2 08-10-2012 01:51 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
http://cdn.bleacherreport.net/images...jpg?1344460343
Favorite player in the country. Not a big buckeyes fan though.


yea he's not bad. They did a special on him during the tourney, apparently he loves to watch tape/study the scouting reports of other players, makes him the defender that he is. Not saying that we should all give him gold stars for that (every player should do that if they are getting a free education lol) but I can respect a player who takes every game seriously

yea and I'm not exactly a buckeye fan, one of my good friend's is from Ohio and he never shuts up about how "great" the buckeyes are at sports lol

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 02:28 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Haha, not as bad as Duke or UNC fans.

TheSilentKiller 08-10-2012 03:20 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2
I can't remember being this excited for college basketball in a while

I'm a Michigan State fan. I will say I have gotten a lot more interested in the actual recruiting process over the past couple of years. It has given me a whole new perspective on college basketball.

That being said, are there any hardcore college ball fans in here? I'm trying to soak up as much as I can about other squads in anticipation of the tourney


This. Interested to see how this year pans out.

Burgz V2 08-10-2012 04:44 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
This. Interested to see this year pans out.


i think Gary Harris and Keith Appling will be a deadly combo

if dawson comes back healthy and Payne improves from last year i really think MSU can make a run

Goliath Uterus 08-10-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
KU looks strong this year... We got our usual depth back, and a nice crop of freshman to go along with our 2 best upperclassmen (Withey and Johnson). Another year of Big 12 dominance and a final 4 run is my prediction.

JellyBean 08-10-2012 05:22 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Oh yeah. I am excited for the upcoming college basketball season. Sad that my UConn Huskies can't make it to the tournament this season but its a good season to rebuild and get ready for 2013-14. I love college hoops so I am looking forward to seeing who can win it all this season. Will it be Kentucky again or someone else?


Go, Huskies!!!

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 05:26 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Will Creighton be everybody's second favorite team?

Burgz V2 08-10-2012 09:28 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
KU looks strong this year... We got our usual depth back, and a nice crop of freshman to go along with our 2 best upperclassmen (Withey and Johnson). Another year of Big 12 dominance and a final 4 run is my prediction.


Withey should be all conference at the very least. He is extremely mobile for a 7-footer, surprised me in the tourney last year.

If Isaiah Austin is the real deal they might be a problem for KU, otherwise I agree, Bill Self's got another great team on his hands this year

SourPatchKids 08-10-2012 11:33 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Goliath Uterus
KU looks strong this year... We got our usual depth back, and a nice crop of freshman to go along with our 2 best upperclassmen (Withey and Johnson). Another year of Big 12 dominance and a final 4 run is my prediction.

Kansas will be playing Ohio state and Michigan State as part of their non-conference schedule. So we'll see.

Burgz V2 08-10-2012 11:57 PM

Re: Anyone else excited for college ball? REP YOUR SQUAD HERE!
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by SourPatchKids
Kansas will be playing Ohio state and Michigan State as part of their non-conference schedule. So we'll see.


well the tourney committee wont penalize them, if they play them and lose to both they still get credit for their strength of schedule


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy