Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Bynum Appreciation Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274121)

BlueandGold 08-10-2012 04:49 PM

Bynum Appreciation Thread

Just thought it would be a good idea to make a thread celebrating the hard work that Bynum put in with the Lakers.

Bynum will be missed and was greatly appreciated in Lakerland. He gave it his all the entire time he was here, especially in 2010 where he was getting his leg drained every couple of days during the Boston series. Truthfully speaking there were times when he and the head coach didn't see eye to eye but it was most likely because of his youth, his passion and the fact that the Lakers were paying him so much at such a young age. He may have just had some bad luck the last couple of years with the injury bug and I wish him the best in Philly. He has the potential to essentially be a greater offensive and possibly defensive threat than Howard, given his championship exp and also greater wingspan and height.

Thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears you gave the Lakers during your tenure here. You will be missed.

Purple Reign 08-10-2012 04:53 PM

Re: Bynum Appreciation Thread

Being a Lakers fan here in Philly, I believe this could be a monster year for Bynum. Collins can be a bit of an over-coacher, but if healthy, he will definitely earn his extension.

Thanks for all the hard work in perfecting your craft.

$LakerGold 08-10-2012 04:55 PM

Thank you Bynum. I'll never forget the day that WE beat the Celtics in the Finals w/ you. :D You celebrating with Pau was so emotional for me.. :cry:

:)

I'm sorry, but my heart is numb right now... With Lakers trading Lamar and Fish... I promised not to love any player anymore :D

Kidding, L.A. still loves you!

..I hope one day you'll be back, and retire as a Laker :)

Goodluck! :)

-$LG

DKLaker 08-10-2012 04:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Just thought it would be a good idea to make a thread celebrating the hard work that Bynum put in with the Lakers.

Bynum will be missed and was greatly appreciated in Lakerland. He gave it his all the entire time he was here, especially in 2010 where he was getting his leg drained every couple of days during the Boston series. Truthfully speaking there were times when he and the head coach didn't see eye to eye but it was most likely because of his youth, his passion and the fact that the Lakers were paying him so much at such a young age. He may have just had some bad luck the last couple of years with the injury bug and I wish him the best in Philly. He has the potential to essentially be a greater offensive and possibly defensive threat than Howard, given his championship exp and also greater wingspan and height.

Thanks for all the blood, sweat and tears you gave the Lakers during your tenure here. You will be missed.

:applause: :cheers: :applause:

kobesabi 08-10-2012 05:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by $LakerGold
Thank you Bynum. I'll never forget the day that WE beat the Celtics in the Finals w/ you. :D You celebrating with Pau was so emotional for me.. :cry:

:)

I'm sorry, but my heart is numb right now... With Lakers trading Lamar and Fish... I promised not to love any player anymore :D

Kidding, L.A. still loves you!

..I hope one day you'll be back, and retire as a Laker :)

Goodluck! :)

-$LG

+1
Please come back when you decided to use your talent to be GOAT Defensive Center.

Mgamer20o0 08-10-2012 05:47 PM

i really think being on a new team will help. some times its what players need to wake up and get to the next level. glad we had him sad to see him leave but some times change needs to happen for the best.

lakersNUMBA1 08-10-2012 09:15 PM

I will always remember when he got dunked on by Shaq and then got him back.

Anyone happen to know the day that happened? I would like to watch that game all over again :D

magicmanfan 08-11-2012 02:16 PM

it was fun watching him improve... when he played well, it was great
as a fan...

thanks Andrew, hope it turns out well for you too...

All Net 08-11-2012 02:28 PM

Amen

Been great to watch him develop. Wish him luck in Philly. He's now a go to guy which he wanted.

bladefd 08-11-2012 05:00 PM

Bynum is a great player and he will get even better as he is just entering his prime. I think he is going to end up being a better overall center than even Dwight in couple seasons as long as he stays healthy. Doug Collins is a great coach, and I can't wait to see how Bynum does under his leadership.

It was great to watch him develop as a player through his nba years from his HS days. Bynum will be missed! Thank-you Bynum for some great years as a Laker :cheers:

lakerfreak 08-12-2012 04:25 AM

My favorite NBA player. A young guy I got to watch from when he sucked, to when he sometimes looked like the best player in the NBA, now gone. This is hard for me because of how much love I showed the dude when he first came. I was one of the few who said "screw Kobe and keep Bynum".

Im going to miss him immensely...

kobesabi 08-12-2012 06:27 PM

Playboy bunnies going to miss him too. I think Superman would have no problem keeping the bunnies happy while he is gone unless they "broke his back"

All Net 08-12-2012 06:52 PM

Maybe we could make this the official progress thread for drew during the season