Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   What's your greatest memory on a FPS? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274204)

Wally450 08-11-2012 02:59 AM

What's your greatest memory on a FPS?

Simple question, whether it be online or whatnot, what is your greatest fps moment. Online or off.

Mine is back a couple years ago, me and my friends were playing 3-3 team slayer on Halo 3. One of my friends was on my xbox so we were split screen. We were tied like 42-42 or something and we were camping waiting for the other team to come out and then out of nowhere all 3 came out. I threw a grenade and it exploded right in front of them :eek: . I ended up getting a triple kill with like 45 seconds left in the match and lead our team to victory. I was pumped as hell lol, but me and my friends were halo nerds so we just went onto the next match.

ukballer 08-11-2012 03:18 AM

Re: What's your greatest memory on a FPS?

Playing with some friends, just on a regular TDM game on MW3 at Hardhat. I started the game out 2-7, got so angry and pissed off with the other team that I just subconsciously turned into a beast, and finished the game 39-9. Seems to happen a lot that I play my best when I'm angry. :lol

dunksby 08-11-2012 08:33 AM

I led my CS 1.6 clan to winning it all in a tournament that was pretty big to us back in 02 when LAN gaming was still relevant. The prize was $300/6 :lol

Thorpesaurous 08-11-2012 08:40 AM

Probably realizing I could change perspective to third person by accident. Like in Skyrim.

Just can't do the FPS thing.

Clippersfan86 08-11-2012 03:42 PM

Goldeneye 007 on N64. I used to play split screen with 3 buddies so damn much. We'd play for 5+ hours at a time. It's more a general memory than a specific event obviously.

Undisputed 08-12-2012 01:37 AM

The only one I can think of is my first nuke in MW2. I was pretty pumped for that.

GOBB 08-12-2012 05:56 PM

No clue, maybe Black Ops when we shutout a team in Domination 200-0 (video to prove it) on Firing Range which isnt a hard map to do it. No the team wasnt very good so no extra kudos.

Rose 08-12-2012 07:11 PM

One was when we were playing halo reach, and it was team slayer. And we were down 49-44. And my teammates were like well it's over! And then I got a quadruple kill from a rocket then shot one guy as he respawned, and we got another kill and won.

Graviton 08-13-2012 03:44 AM

So I am playing Bad Company 2 on that windmill map with all the hills. I am in a tank and a helicopter is owning my team like 200-300 feet away from my position. I get my tank on top of a small hill and line it up so its facing upward. The helicopter approaches, I line up my shot like 3 inches to the upper right side of a fast moving helicopter since the game has actual physics, and so I let it fly and the shell hits the helicopter with perfect accuracy and I get a double kill. Then you get this voice in your head yelling "I just blew up a ****in helicopter with a tank". The physics just made it feel so satisfying, I had to calculate the trajectory of the shell and not just point and get a kill. Another time I got jumped by a tank, tried to get behind it and forced 3 people inside to get out and try to kill me with their guns, dumbasses left the tank empty so as they got out I ninjaed the tank and mowed them down.

No other game gives you that amazing feeling, BC2 is just an awesome experience.

Rake2204 08-13-2012 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Goldeneye 007 on N64. I used to play split screen with 3 buddies so damn much. We'd play for 5+ hours at a time. It's more a general memory than a specific event obviously.

Likely the same with me. It blew my mind at the time. I specifically remember making it to the level with the tank and thinking to myself, "I'm actually driving the tank!"