Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Is Shawn Marion the most underappreciated/underlooked player of this generation? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274310)

noosaman 08-12-2012 04:27 AM

Is Shawn Marion the most underappreciated/underlooked player of this generation?

He could guard all 5 positions legitimately and did so on a nightly basis (unlike lefraud who is a joke on defense), he could get 15-20 ppg with no plays draw up for himself, and he rarely missed any games.

In the Mavs title run, he absolutely dominated Kobe and Durant and decimated lefraud on both ends on the floor.

I feel like he got overrated for a bit in the mid 2000s but now he is rarely talked about.

plowking 08-12-2012 04:30 AM

Re: Is Shawn Marion the most underappreciated/underlooked player of this generation?

Better than Bron and Bird.

You go to the valley last night?

noosaman 08-12-2012 04:32 AM

Re: Is Shawn Marion the most underappreciated/underlooked player of this generation?

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowking
Better than Bron and Bird.

You go to the valley last night?

yeah i did actually. Got denied at Cloudland but it turned out the lounge next door shares a corridor with it so backdoored my way into there. Also went to kaliber which was packed as always. What about you? Do you ever play ball on those outdoor courts in St Lucia?

plowking 08-12-2012 04:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by noosaman
yeah i did actually. Got denied at Cloudland but it turned out the lounge next door shares a corridor with it so backdoored my way into there. Also went to kaliber which was packed as always. What about you? Do you ever play ball on those outdoor courts in St Lucia?

Yeah mate, went to the city then got into the valley around 2am. Just went to Hot Gossip since they were celebrating its 3rd birthday or something. Friends wanted to go, so I tagged along.

St Lucia courts? The ones next to the high school? Yeah, used to shoot around there. Now I go to the University outdoor courts since they just put in proper hoops and repaved it. Great outdoor courts. Where you usually play?

noosaman 08-12-2012 04:41 AM

Quote:

Yeah mate, went to the city then got into the valley around 2am. Just went to Hot Gossip since they were celebrating its 3rd birthday or something. Friends wanted to go, so I tagged along.

St Lucia courts? The ones next to the high school? Yeah, used to shoot around there. Now I go to the University outdoor courts since they just put in proper hoops and repaved it. Great outdoor courts. Where you usually play?

Damn, nice. I figured I would enjoy my last few weeks at RBH because I am stationed at nambour in 2013.

Damn, Hot Gossip is the one with all the hot models walking about. I wonder if it's easy for picking up.

Yeah I meant the University outdoor courts. I have gone past there a few times and the games were hilarious. I will try to get into one next week or the following week though.

SAKOTXA 08-12-2012 04:42 AM

Plowking sighting wohooo

plowking 08-12-2012 04:49 AM

Quote:

Damn, nice. I figured I would enjoy my last few weeks at RBH because I am stationed at nambour in 2013.

Damn, Hot Gossip is the one with all the hot models walking about. I wonder if it's easy for picking up.

Yeah I meant the University outdoor courts. I have gone past there a few times and the games were hilarious. I will try to get into one next week or the following week though.

Yeah mate, its not too great. Its usually filled with really small Asians who I feel bad for if I try since they're all 5'8, and I'm 6'3. If I post up every time its a bucket... lol. I just stick outside and practice my shot. Though occasionally some decent players show up. Show up on Wednesday around 3ish on the public holiday if you're keen. I'm going to be playing with a few mates.

Hot Gossip isn't my thing really. Dance floor takes up half the damn club just about. :oldlol: But yeah, the girls are always mad decent in there.

plowking 08-12-2012 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SAKOTXA
Plowking sighting wohooo

What up? I've been here for the last two weeks. :oldlol:

Forums not as good as it used to be. Although these days I'm on the Lebron James side of the debates. :oldlol:

noosaman 08-12-2012 04:54 AM

Quote:

Yeah mate, its not too great. Its usually filled with really small Asians who I feel bad for if I try since they're all 5'8, and I'm 6'3. If I post up every time its a bucket... lol. I just stick outside and practice my shot. Though occasionally some decent players show up. Show up on Wednesday around 3ish on the public holiday if you're keen. I'm going to be playing with a few mates.

Hot Gossip isn't my thing really. Dance floor takes up half the damn club just about. :oldlol: But yeah, the girls are always mad decent in there.

Tough for me with work so I try for one day on the weekend usually...

So you're white or aborginal?

plowking 08-12-2012 04:59 AM

Quote:

lol...

I'm white. Wasn't even born in Australia. :oldlol:

Otherwise I'm there late on Thursdays at like 9.30-11.00, or when they decide to shut the lights off.

AK47DR91 08-12-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

Do they even have computers?

SAKOTXA 08-12-2012 05:01 AM

Quote:

What up? I've been here for the last two weeks. :oldlol:

Forums not as good as it used to be. Although these days I'm on the Lebron James side of the debates. :oldlol:

Didn't even notice, lol. Welcome back bro. This forum's been shit for a while, didn't miss much. :hammerhead:

noosaman 08-12-2012 05:08 AM

Quote:

lol...

I'm white. Wasn't even born in Australia. :oldlol:

Otherwise I'm there late on Thursdays at like 9.30-11.00, or when they decide to shut the lights off.

hahaha where are you from? I am originally from So Cal

noosaman 08-12-2012 05:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Do they even have computers?

yeah they are pretty much completely assimilated in brisbane and many parts of QLD. I think it's in western australia and the northern territories where the tribes are much different.

Horatio33 08-12-2012 05:15 AM

Tim Duncan is the answer to your question.