Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   New York Knicks Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Rockets waive Josh Harrellson, but he won't be back with Knicks (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274773)

insidehoops 08-15-2012 11:46 PM

Rockets waive Josh Harrellson, but he won't be back with Knicks

Because the Knicks traded Harrellson away, however, he canít come back to them. Under the new collective bargaining agreement, teams that trade away players cannot re-sign them for a year after the trade Ė ending the previous common practice of a team trading away a player, only to see that player get bought out of his contract or waived and re-sign with the team that traded him 30 days after the deal was done.

-- NY Post Blog

franchize 08-16-2012 09:17 AM

Re: Rockets waive Josh Harrellson, but he won't be back with Knicks

Quote:

Originally Posted by insidehoops
Because the Knicks traded Harrellson away, however, he canít come back to them. Under the new collective bargaining agreement, teams that trade away players cannot re-sign them for a year after the trade Ė ending the previous common practice of a team trading away a player, only to see that player get bought out of his contract or waived and re-sign with the team that traded him 30 days after the deal was done.

-- NY Post Blog

YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! :applause: I wonder how Jerome Jordan played for our summer league then? Dont you have to sign a temp contract to do that?

percelloveknicks 08-16-2012 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by franchize
YAAAAAAYYYYY!!!! :applause: I wonder how Jerome Jordan played for our summer league then? Dont you have to sign a temp contract to do that?

Lmfao franchize you crazy man.

Sarcastic 08-16-2012 11:10 PM

Quote:

The Knicks let him play for them so he could try to raise his stock, from what I understand.

Rowe 08-19-2012 11:37 PM

Quote:

I think that move was done for our D-League affiliate.

Unless they get a big offer from Europe, and thats pretty unlikely, I fully expect both Jorts & Jordan to sign with the Erie Bayhawks at some point during the D-League season. Our FO for some reason likes both guys and their possible development, so why not return back to the organization that believes you can be a NBA player? :confusedshrug:

I've seen on TKB that we could sign either guy by calling them up from the D-League as there aren't any restrictions on call-ups mid season.