Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Dr. Buss is all in this year (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274852)

BlueandGold 08-16-2012 06:27 PM

Dr. Buss is all in this year

I could obviously tell that this was Dr. Jerry Buss' work, as long as he's still able to manage the Lakers I don't see his son having the ability to give the green light on all that luxury tax overhead that they will now be committed to honor. This is definitely the style of Dr. Buss as well since it's widely known that he is an incredibly smart gambler and only goes all in when the chances are in his favor (if not only slightly).

*knockonwood

MJ(Mean John) 08-16-2012 06:52 PM

Re: Dr. Buss is all in this year

Possibly

Mgamer20o0 08-16-2012 08:54 PM

maybe maybe he told his son to grow up who knows time will most likely tell

crisoner 08-17-2012 12:55 PM

Let's give Mitch some props....

lakerfreak 08-17-2012 02:04 PM

Jim Buss is the one calling the shots now. He has been trying to go for superstar players for a while..
Fun fact, Jim Buss also drafted Bynum. Nice surprise eh?

The guy just built you a contending team. Relax and have fun the next few seasons.

MJ(Mean John) 08-18-2012 01:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
Jim Buss is the one calling the shots now. He has been trying to go for superstar players for a while..

The guy just built you a contending team. Relax and have fun the next few seasons.

This is all speculation.

LINKS?

I want some evidence pal.

BlueandGold 08-18-2012 03:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak

Yes I see no indication that Jim is calling the shots.. remember reading some article on lakersholic or forumbluengold that stated that midway into the 2011 season Jim couldn't be reached by anybody (including our brilliant GM) and didn't have freaking office hours so that he could be contacted. It seems like he cared more about his horses than the ferrari of a team his dad built in the Lakers.

Quote:

Originally Posted by crisoner
Let's give Mitch some props....

Before any GM pulls the trigger (especially on big-contract, big $ moves) he has to get a go-ahead from the owner, obviously since it's the owners who will cutting the checks for all those contracts. Mitch definitely did his part but ultimately someone still has to ok it, and that person wasn't Jim Buss. I know what type of person (basketball wise) Dr. Buss is after watching my Lakers for two decades, think how similar this is to the Malone/Payton offseason, or even the Kobe/Shaq one.

SourPatchKids 08-18-2012 10:11 PM

oh dear..

DKLaker 08-18-2012 11:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueandGold
Yes I see no indication that Jim is calling the shots.. remember reading some article on lakersholic or forumbluengold that stated that midway into the 2011 season Jim couldn't be reached by anybody (including our brilliant GM) and didn't have freaking office hours so that he could be contacted. It seems like he cared more about his horses than the ferrari of a team his dad built in the Lakers.

Before any GM pulls the trigger (especially on big-contract, big $ moves) he has to get a go-ahead from the owner, obviously since it's the owners who will cutting the checks for all those contracts. Mitch definitely did his part but ultimately someone still has to ok it, and that person wasn't Jim Buss. I know what type of person (basketball wise) Dr. Buss is after watching my Lakers for two decades, think how similar this is to the Malone/Payton offseason, or even the Kobe/Shaq one.

I have to agree with you

SourPatchKids 08-19-2012 12:33 AM

Oh my....

Swaggin916 08-19-2012 07:52 AM

I hope this is not true because I'd like to think the future of our team is in hands that want to win and will do what it takes. That's what the Lakers are all about and that's the only kind of owner this team needs.

DKLaker 08-19-2012 09:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swaggin916
I hope this is not true because I'd like to think the future of our team is in hands that want to win and will do what it takes. That's what the Lakers are all about and that's the only kind of owner this team needs.

The deals that were made will give Jimmy time to learn.....and as long as Mitch is here to help guide him we'll be fine......no worries now........except the coach :facepalm

dd24 08-20-2012 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DKLaker
The deals that were made will give Jimmy time to learn.....and as long as Mitch is here to help guide him we'll be fine......no worries now........except the coach :facepalm

It gives him a season to learn at least....

DixieNourmous 08-26-2012 01:56 AM