Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Palestinian immigrants gets a house worth $2 500 000 for free (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=274926)

LamarOdom 08-17-2012 06:44 PM

Palestinian immigrants gets a house worth $2 500 000 for free

Tha fack am I reading? are the Brits handing out free castles to immigrants?

Ohh and this not the best part I'm gonna show you all some quotes.

Quote:

Manal Mahmoud and her seven children moved into the Victorian end-of-terrace home after it was given a 76,000 facelift.

Quote:

Manal Mahmoud moved into this upmarket Fulham address following a 76,000 refit - half of which was paid for by public money - almost three years ago but there are claims it has been 'trashed' by the family

Quote:

It follows complaints to police about anti-social behaviour at the property, where the driveway has been smashed up, doors are hanging off and rubbish and furniture have been dumped in the garden.

Although the family claim they do not have the money to maintain the house, they drive a Mercedes and the house is fitted with expensive electronic goods including a widescreen plasma television and a laptop computer.

Yesterday Mrs Mahmoud, who came to Britain in 2000 with her husband before they split up, said she was living with six of her children aged between five and 17.
Her 19-year-old son Ossama is in prison for drug dealing.

She added: ‘I am entitled to live in a house like this, even if I don’t pay for it and get benefits.
‘It is fair that the Government houses us.
‘I know I have a son who makes trouble but that doesn’t mean all my children are the same.
‘Neighbours are complaining because the landlord rented the house to council tenants – they don’t want a foreigner to live in this street.’

Quote:

In February it emerged that at least 100 families receiving housing benefit were living in luxury homes on handouts that could fund 1m mortgages.

Not only does she not work and pay taxes but they get a house worth around $2 500 000 a renovation of around $100 000 on the taxpayers and she still isn't happy and the family has been trashin the house.

The son coming out to flip of the journalist who did a great job.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...e-trashed.html

And British people call Americans stupid:facepalm

Dolphin 08-17-2012 06:51 PM

Re: Palestinian immigrants gets a house worth $2 500 000 for free

Many Americans are stupid. How does this prove a British person who makes this claim wrong? lol

LamarOdom 08-17-2012 06:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dolphin
Many Americans are stupid. How does this prove a British person who makes this claim wrong? lol

Read the article! not only one case there are few others too that gets house worth well over 1-2 million dollars, lol this is the stupidest waste of money I've ever seen anyone make, and if this is the government that got majority votes in Great Britain then hell those people most be stupid.

Dolphin 08-17-2012 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LamarOdom
Read the article! not only one case there are few others too that gets house worth well over 1-2 million dollars, lol this is the stupidest waste of money I've ever seen anyone make, and if this is the government that got majority votes in Great Britain then hell those people most be stupid.

If you wanna go tit for tat, I can find thousands of examples of stupidity in every country. I still don't see why Brits can't call out many Americans for what they are. lol

Nick Young 08-17-2012 07:19 PM

Quote:

It proves the entire British government and taxpayers are stupid for creating a system in the first place that allows shit like this to happen. Stupid Americans never created a country that hands out 2.5 million$ homes out to immigrants for free and then uses $100,000 of the taxpayers dollars to fix it up after the immigrants smash it up.

code green 08-17-2012 07:22 PM

Shit, the brits gave away their entire country. Why not give a couple of them a house?

Sounds like a scummy family though. Picture proves it.

NoGunzJustSkillz 08-17-2012 07:24 PM

none of them houses are worth 2.5 mill where that kid is flipping the birds.

Scholar 08-17-2012 07:27 PM

Quote:

If you wanna go tit for tat, I can find thousands of examples of stupidity in every country. I still don't see why Brits can't call out many Americans for what they are. lol

:facepalm Do you not see the hypocrisy in your post, man? So you're okay with Brits calling Americans stupid, but it's not okay for Americans to call Brits stupid? :rolleyes:

I guess it's fine to give out examples for why Americans are stupid, but when OP makes one about Brits, suddenly it's sacrilegious.

LamarOdom 08-17-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NoGunzJustSkillz

According to DM it's a expensive area thus the high prices. I don't really know how much 1,25 million pounds but it should be around 2-3 million dollars.

Ohh added this to OP.

Quote:

In February it emerged that at least 100 families receiving housing benefit were living in luxury homes on handouts that could fund 1m mortgages.

Dolphin 08-17-2012 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scholar
:facepalm Do you not see the hypocrisy in your post, man? So you're okay with Brits calling Americans stupid, but it's not okay for Americans to call Brits stupid? :rolleyes:

I guess it's fine to give out examples for why Americans are stupid, but when OP makes one about Brits, suddenly it's sacrilegious.

When did I say Americans can't call Brits stupid?

Read the last sentence of his original post. He says "And British people call Americans stupid."

That implies that Brits shouldn't call Americans stupid, right?......so in fact he's the one that is saying one side shouldn't be calling the other side stupid....i simply said this example doesn't mean Americans aren't retards at times and Brits are fine to call them out when warranted (and vice versa)...you following me or do I need to use larger font?

See, at least in Bruinlove's response to my post he just claims Brits are more stupid....whereas you called me out for being a hypocrite, which I just cleared up quite nicely, thus the only thing you added to this thread was your lower than normal level of reading comprehension.

But please respond with another face palm...I'd love to see what follows next time.....

The Ownage 08-17-2012 08:02 PM

It's probably bordering the Chelsea/Kensington area. That place is known for luxurious, expensive houses.

Nick Young 08-17-2012 08:09 PM

Quote:

depending on location, which looks like primrose hill or kentish town it really could be.

oh its in fulham, yep, good location, i thought they only had council estates in shitty places.

Balla_Status 08-17-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Young
It proves the entire British government and taxpayers are stupid for creating a system in the first place that allows shit like this to happen. Stupid Americans never created a country that hands out 2.5 million$ homes out to immigrants for free and then uses $100,000 of the taxpayers dollars to fix it up after the immigrants smash it up.

I'm currently in Brighton right now for my cousins wedding and I believe my aunt is in some type of government housing (of some sort not like these immigrant bums) with her daughter and her fiancee (makes good money). Well, they were up for a remodeling of their kitchen or bathroom if it was in a bad enough state. So my cousin took a hammer to the tile to make it look shitty so they could get it remodeled. Ended up being a point short of it getting remodeled.

Pretty sure it's taxpayer money paying for it too. She has a job now too as a driver instructor but before then she would pick up applications and turn them into to make it look like she was applying for job and continue to get government money. It made no sense to me and disgusted me. I'm sure shit like that goes on in America as well. I just wasn't raised like that...

Balla_Status 08-17-2012 08:22 PM

Quote:

It's the area dude.

Nick Young 08-17-2012 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Balla_Status
I'm currently in Brighton right now for my cousins wedding and I believe my aunt is in some type of government housing (of some sort not like these immigrant bums) with her daughter and her fiancee (makes good money). Well, they were up for a remodeling of their kitchen or bathroom if it was in a bad enough state. So my cousin took a hammer to the tile to make it look shitty so they could get it remodeled. Ended up being a point short of it getting remodeled.

Pretty sure it's taxpayer money paying for it too. She has a job now too as a driver instructor but before then she would pick up applications and turn them into to make it look like she was applying for job and continue to get government money. It made no sense to me and disgusted me. I'm sure shit like that goes on in America as well. I just wasn't raised like that...

Yes! I just watched a documentary here!

They had people purposefully try to mess up at the jobcentre on their benefits proof.

One person, for their "Proof you applied for 3 jobs this week" he just turned in his shopping list, and they didnt even look at it and gave him his benefits check. They had hidden camera and everything.

One person showed up in painters clothes, covered in paint and was dropped off at the job centre with a painting company van, really obviously. They asked him if he was employed and he just said "no I was painting my room" and they gave him the benefits check.

The reporter was confronting the head of the Job Centre with all of this stuff and and the head of it was holding back tears because how badly he kept owning her.

I personally have met plenty of dumbasses who tell me they never worked a day in their life and are out drinking every night.

It's a stupid ass system. Exploited by everyone. Free money and free housing for all!