Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275069)

insidehoops 08-19-2012 11:52 AM

Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
What do you think of Monty Williams as a coach?

(If you've seen his work enough to have a real opinion, that is)

The New Orleans Hornets announced today that they have signed head coach Monty Williams to a new multi-year contract extension. According to the New Orleans Times-Picayune, itís a four-year deal that will keep Williams with the team through 2016.

Read more: http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=10780

PJR 08-19-2012 11:56 AM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Monty Williams and Erik Spoelstra are the two best young coaches in the NBA.

franchiez 08-19-2012 12:01 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by PJR
Monty Williams and Erik Spoelstra are the two best young coaches in the NBA.

I agree. :applause:

Rubio2Gasol 08-19-2012 12:08 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Great Coach.

Shows a good degree of Calm and tactical sense on both ends...his timeouts against the Lakers were fairly impressive.

hawkfan 08-19-2012 12:12 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Great coach, great person.
No brainer for NO with their young team of Davis, Gordon, Rivers, Anderson.
NO will be fun to watch this season.

Clippersfan86 08-19-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
I'm very jealous. Dude is such a good, poised young coach.

anthonyRandolph 08-19-2012 12:44 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
very shocked at the moves this off season, another good one.

Blue&Orange 08-19-2012 01:12 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
I have a couple of posts wishing D'Antoni would be fired and the Knicks hired Monty Williams.

maxhornets 08-19-2012 03:22 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Best thing the hornets have done this offseason

FireDavidKahn 08-19-2012 03:30 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Why do people keep saying Monty is a great coach? He hasn't proven anything yet in any direction as to if he is good/bad.

FreezingTsmoove 08-19-2012 03:34 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
Why do people keep saying Monty is a great coach? He hasn't proven anything yet in any direction as to if he is good/bad.


He's an absolutely amazing defensive coach. Had them in the top 10 last year even though they were obviously tanking. AD is the perfect fit in his defensive system and he will work with Austin to improve his D.

FireDavidKahn 08-19-2012 04:13 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FreezingTsmoove
He's an absolutely amazing defensive coach. Had them in the top 10 last year even though they were obviously tanking. AD is the perfect fit in his defensive system and he will work with Austin to improve his D.

The Hornets were 15th in defensive efficiency last year.

AK47DR91 08-19-2012 04:17 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
The Hornets were 15th in defensive efficiency last year.

Quite impressive for the amateur squad they had last season.

-Gordon nearly missed the entire season
-Okafor missed the entire second half of the season
-Kaman missed a boatload of games

Clippersfan86 08-19-2012 04:58 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AK47DR91
Quite impressive for the amateur squad they had last season.

-Gordon nearly missed the entire season
-Okafor missed the entire second half of the season
-Kaman missed a boatload of games


Yup. Those are the 3 best defensive players too. Healthy Gordon+Davis and they have a legit chance to be a top 5 defense believe it or not with a coach like Monty at the helm.

FireDavidKahn 08-19-2012 05:15 PM

Re: Hornets give extension to head coach Monty Williams
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
Yup. Those are the 3 best defensive players too. Healthy Gordon+Davis and they have a legit chance to be a top 5 defense believe it or not with a coach like Monty at the helm.

We'll see. I'm by no means calling him a bad coach but I think it's a bit premature to be calling him a great coach after 2 seasons when he hasn't proven a thing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy