Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275213)

DukeDelonte13 08-21-2012 08:05 AM

Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

Philly,

New York,

or

Brooklyn

Discuss.

embersyc 08-21-2012 08:39 AM

Re: Which EC team will be the biggest disappointment?

New York, but it won't stop their fans from coming on here claiming they will land all the major free agents and win the championship next season.

niko 08-21-2012 08:47 AM

Well, Philly did what the Cavs didn't have the balls to do (Kyrie is going to look so sharp in his Laker or Net jersey) so not them. The Nets will be a playoff team so not them. And the Knicks so not them.

The Cavs winning 2 of every ten games doesn't qualify as dissapointing to you?

wally_world 08-21-2012 08:48 AM

Brooklyn

People are saying they can be the 2nd/3rd best team in the East. Remember this team is near the bottom of the standings, and honestly adding 1 man (Joe Johnson) isnt going to make them much better. They gotta build some chemistry and instill some winning attitude before we can take them seriously. I expect them to make the playoffs as a 6th seed (or somewhere along 5-8).

niko 08-21-2012 08:49 AM

If this is not a troll thread then why only these three teams? No other team has a chance to be dissapointing?

East_Stone_Ya 08-21-2012 09:04 AM

Philly will dissapoint with their max 7th or 8th seed

goldcrow 08-21-2012 09:04 AM

Brooklyn nets. Philly may actually do well and i feel they're getting underrated (as usual)

UtahJazzFan88 08-21-2012 09:17 AM

Both teams in NY.

DukeDelonte13 08-21-2012 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Well, Philly did what the Cavs didn't have the balls to do (Kyrie is going to look so sharp in his Laker or Net jersey) so not them. The Nets will be a playoff team so not them. And the Knicks so not them.

The Cavs winning 2 of every ten games doesn't qualify as dissapointing to you?

No. I'd be happy. i don't want the cavs to make the playoffs this year, they need another tank year.

besides, how can my cavs disappoint when they've been in the lottery the past 2 seasons? :oldlol:

I chose these three teams not to troll, but because NJ and Philly made major roster moves to get better, and NY had a tumultuous season in 2012 and really underperformed.

My vote goes to NY as the most disappointing.

niko 08-21-2012 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
No. I'd be happy. i don't want the cavs to make the playoffs this year, they need another tank year.

besides, how can my cavs disappoint when they've been in the lottery the past 2 seasons? :oldlol:

I chose these three teams not to troll, but because NJ and Philly made major roster moves to get better, and NY had a tumultuous season in 2012 and really underperformed.

My vote goes to NY as the most disappointing.

:coleman: Please.

Clutch 08-21-2012 09:45 AM

Depends on what people expect from Philly and Brooklyn. If they expect both teams to be in a top4 then they will disappoint the most.

My East top4 in no order: Heat,Celtics,Knicks,Pacers

DukeDelonte13 08-21-2012 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
:coleman: Please.

so defensive. I guess i would be too if my franchise was in a bad of shape as the Knicks are.

HylianNightmare 08-21-2012 09:50 AM

Nets

Nero Tulip 08-21-2012 09:54 AM

Depends from what standpoint.

For a Knicks fan? NY.

For a sane person? Brooklyn. The best case scenario is that they aren't absolutely awful for the Eastern Conference, which isn't saying much.

bfrombleacher 08-21-2012 09:54 AM

Worst team and disappointment are different things...

The Knicks will likely disappoint the most but they won't be the worst for sure. The Nets will be the worst imo. The Knicks are being hyped by their fans a lot and therefore will disappoint the most.