Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   If you could play basketball at an elite level what kind of mindset would you have? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275271)

WeGetRing2012 08-22-2012 01:45 AM

If you could play basketball at an elite level what kind of mindset would you have?

I would start off like Kobe/MJ just because I hate losing and then probably turn into a Lebron mindset if I don't win cause I wanna enjoy my millions without the stress...

Serious question.

Heavincent 08-22-2012 01:46 AM

Re: If you could play basketball at an elite level what kind of mindset would you have?

Not gonna lie, I'd probably be in it for the $$$

HardwoodLegend 08-22-2012 01:51 AM

Re: If you could play basketball at an elite level what kind of mindset would you have?

I'd be in for the $$$, flashy showtime highlights and b*tches.

DTreats 08-22-2012 01:51 AM

I would shoot the ball every time I got it

Pushxx 08-22-2012 01:55 AM

I have a huge ego IRL and am very competitive. I'm generally even-keeled and mild-mannered when conducting business, but when I get pumped up I'm unstoppable and talk a lot of trash.

Kinda remind myself of KG when I'm turned on on the court.

chosen_one6 08-22-2012 02:05 AM

The b!tches...why else? I mean, even busted players like DJ Mbenga can get fine ass females.

SevereUpInHere 08-22-2012 02:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DTreats
I would shoot the ball every time I got it

This.
Get buckets.

KyrieTheFuture 08-22-2012 02:09 AM

I'd be really nice, too nice to win a chip. I would be a soft leader.

jongib369 08-22-2012 02:52 AM

I'm kinda soft spoken and "socially awkward" like rose...I wouldn't give a damn to do interviews before, during or after the game... But I would occasionally to let the fans know I respect and thank them for allowing me to get paid for playing the game I love....If I didn't have a family I'd honestly live in a basketball court...Put my mattress at half court and practice every damn day lmao.

I'd also play for minimum contract even if I was a major player/star. I play for the game and the game only...**** publicity, and **** big money. I don't need anything fancy, just give me a court, some shoes and a ball and I'm set.

No situational narcissism for me thank you very much lol..

I'd be serious as **** on court, and I'd do w/e it takes to win. Simple Fundamental team ball with a quite obsession/rage to win.

sipitri 08-22-2012 02:56 AM

"Prepare your anus ladies, tonight I'm in town" mentality.

raprap 08-22-2012 03:04 AM

I'm not comfortable with being an alpha dog, probably gonna enjoy my career being a roleplayer enjoying 3 mil a year. :pimp:

AK47DR91 08-22-2012 03:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raprap
I'm not comfortable with being an alpha dog, probably gonna enjoy my career being a roleplayer enjoying 3 mil a year. :pimp:

Same here, but I'd be a Rashard Lewis type of role player. $20 millie a year.

I'll try to have 1 career season and make some dumb owner stupid enough to give that type of money. :lol

East_Stone_Ya 08-22-2012 04:14 AM

defensive monster..with bad attitude on the court and soft off the court

Lebron23 08-22-2012 04:21 AM

Star Player.

Quickening 08-22-2012 04:21 AM

I would throw team mates under the bus to divert attention away from me, and pull lots of war hero faces in clutch time, meaning its irrelevant whether I make the shot or not.:kobe: