Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275902)

StateProperty 08-31-2012 10:35 AM

Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

List of games

Let's gooooooo!!!

jazz873 08-31-2012 10:45 AM

Re: Week 1 Discussion and Game Thread

What a great feeling it is to see this thread

TheSilentKiller 08-31-2012 11:15 AM

Wednesday's opener should be a good one. Other games I am looking forward to:

St Louis vs Detroit
Pittsburgh vs Denver
San Fran vs Green Bay
Cincy vs Baltimore

The rest are kind of meh to me.

StateProperty 08-31-2012 11:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheSilentKiller
Wednesday's opener should be a good one. Other games I am looking forward to:

St Louis vs Detroit
Pittsburgh vs Denver
San Fran vs Green Bay
Cincy vs Baltimore

The rest are kind of meh to me.

I think that ATL @ KC could be a good game. Not the most popular game but 2 teams evenly matched especially with KC at home. Matt Ryan 84 QB rating compared to 105 at home and Julio/Roddy/Tony vs. Flowers/Routt/Berry should be great.

Is SD/OAK always on the first MNF of the year?:lol

Playmakers Dad 08-31-2012 11:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StateProperty
I think that ATL @ KC could be a good game. Not the most popular game but 2 teams evenly matched especially with KC at home. Matt Ryan 84 QB rating compared to 105 at home and Julio/Roddy/Tony vs. Flowers/Routt/Berry should be great.

Is SD/OAK always on the first MNF of the year?
:lol

It makes sense because they can do a doubleheader with the late start and everything.

Playmakers Dad 08-31-2012 11:38 AM

ppl complaining about the matchups already? lol

NE vs TEN should be a shootout

BUF is going to cream the Jets

Indy vs Chicago should be a great game

SF vs GB duh

Pittsburgh vs Denver another awesome match up

And then two great division rivals on MNF..WOW

-p.tiddy- 08-31-2012 11:56 AM

Dallas looks like they have a much a better team than last year...Safety looked like it was a hole but everyone is raving about Church, apparently we have a stud safety.

our o-line is still weak in the middle...so Romo might have to scramble a bit but he is great at doing that...

I expect Dallas to shock the defending champs Wednesday night...

Playmakers Dad 08-31-2012 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Dallas looks like they have a much a better team than last year...Safety looked like it was a hole but everyone is raving about Church, apparently we have a stud safety.

our o-line is still weak in the middle...so Romo might have to scramble a bit but he is great at doing that...

what would be shocking about dallas beating the giants? giants finished 9-7 last year and they both play in the nfc east. i just hope it's not a low scoring game for fantasy purposes because their week 1 games are always ugly.

Jailblazers7 08-31-2012 12:05 PM

It could def get ugly in that game. Dallas' banged up passing attack vs NY's banged up secondary. I'll be interested to see Carr/Claiborne vs Cruz/Nicks tho.

StateProperty 08-31-2012 12:18 PM

I hope they tie. Now THAT would kick off my year right.

ROCSteady 08-31-2012 12:20 PM

Quote:

Man, every year there's some player that coaches 'rave' about in practice, even preseason games. Let's see if he can translate it in the regular season, has to see Manning, Vick and Griffin 6 times.

Nicca finna get burned like a cig :pimp:

-p.tiddy- 08-31-2012 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
what would be shocking about dallas beating the giants? giants finished 9-7 last year and they both play in the nfc east. i just hope it's not a low scoring game for fantasy purposes because their week 1 games are always ugly.

It won't shock me at all, I fully expect Dallas to win...it will shock the common folk in here

-p.tiddy- 08-31-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
It could def get ugly in that game. Dallas' banged up passing attack vs NY's banged up secondary. I'll be interested to see Carr/Claiborne vs Cruz/Nicks tho.

I expect Claiborne to get picked on...rookie is going to get tested...and I expect him to get burned a couple times, he has to adjust to NFL speed.

Pat Peterson had a slow start at CB too, but found his footing around mid season last year in coverage

niko 08-31-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

It won't shock me at all, I fully expect Dallas to win...it will shock the common folk in here

Why wouldn't you expect Dallas to win, i'm sure they will, just like last year. :lol OH WAIT, we beat you both times. I forgot.

:lol You predicted Dallas to go 13-3. I have more chance of getting a hummer from Rhianna sometime later today than Dallas going 13-3. Your Madden Season isn't what we are referring to, you do know that right?

niko 08-31-2012 01:02 PM

I'm curious to see where the refs go with the defensive penalties. Do they overcompensate and call at lot of them? Or are they going to let all the holding and such go?