Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   My first BIG money draft tomorrow ever (350 buy in) Give me some insight here. (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275956)

QUIZZLE 09-01-2012 01:14 PM

My first BIG money draft tomorrow ever (350 buy in) Give me some insight here.

My brother and I are running this so 175 each and it's on myffpc.com

myffpc is a pretty regular PPR style league. All touchdowns are worth 6 except passing touchdowns 4, and it has a cool twist that I actually really like. TE's receptions are worth 1.5 points instead of rb/wr value of 1. This automatically spikes the TE's value signifcantly and by the end of round three of this 12 team league, it won't be hard seeing 5 TE's off the board. (Graha, Gronk, Gates, Hernandez, maybeeee Vernon)

Jimmy Graham in a lot of these drafts has gone as early as 3rd overall and no later really than eighth.

My brother and I have fifth pick. We could have a worse pick, but I really wish we had a top three pick. The draft is deep--- 20 rounds.

Most drafts with this format have been going as so--

Foster, Rice, McCoy, _______ *insert Graham, Calvin, McFadden, CJ2K, Rodgers)

I will not draft Rodgers at 5. Brees and Brady have been hanging around until the second round and I really only would take Brady if he were still available, if not then hopefully Matt Ryan round seven with a backup of someone like Andrew Luck/Russel Wilson. There's just so much uncertainty at RB's that it's going to be vital on stocking up on them early.

Graham had a monster year and his 99 reception basically were worth 150 reception with the sites 1.5 points per TE reception. Meachem's gone and that could be interesting to see how people's stats do without him on the team. He really stretched the field with his speed last year and gave graham plenty of room. It's just so hard to justify me taking Graham even with the 1.5 ppr for TE's in this league. TE's in the first round... AHH! Will my conscience make me do it! He could very well get more receptions this year IMO and he would be a must start every week.

Calvin's got the madden curse but I feel as if he is the safest pick. DMC is such a stud, would lead all RB's in fantasy points if his injuries weren't a factor. He's just such a risk, especially in this league where a lot of moneys at stake not to mention an overall top prize of 150 gs. If he got hurt week two or something and missed a month I might cry.

Chris Johson: With Jake Locker taking the reigns, I feel as if Johnson will have MORE value. He reported to camp on time this time around and claims to be back to form. Their line is very suspect but I like his division. I'm not afraid of the defenses within.

What are your thoughts with this fifth pick? I feel like I'm edging towards Megatron, McFadden, then Graham in that order. Of course, anything could happen and two people in front of me could grab Tron/Graham thus rewarding me with McCoy likely who I would snag in a heartbeat or maybe (not likely Rice)