Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Copper (TV Show) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276406)

dunksby 09-09-2012 03:57 AM

Copper (TV Show)

I just watched the first two episodes and I have to say I'm impressed with it so far, never expected it to be this good. It's New York in 1860s and the main character Kevin Corcoran two months ago after coming back from the war finds his daughter murdered and his wife gone. He has since been working as a NYPD detective while looking for her daughter's killer. Sex and violence are obviously the main themes but there is a greater plot line developing in regards the the mob so there are lots of action going on.The show starts with a scene where Corcoran and his partners intercept bank robbers after their escape. They shoot them down and start helping themselves to the bank money. Story kicks off when they find the dead body of a child prostitute and Kevin takes a personal interest in the case.
Copper to me looks like a fusion of Gangs of New York and Deadwood, it's gritty and blunt as both and thankfully does not care much for PC. The acting is great overall since almost everyone got their character nailed although Corcoron's two friends/partners O'Brien and Maguire got work to do.
I strongly recommend this show, give it a try, good thing about Copper is that by the time you are done with the first episode you know if you want to watch the rest or not.

dunksby 09-11-2012 01:29 PM

Re: Copper (TV Show)

Seriously you gotta check this show out.

DonDadda59 09-11-2012 01:31 PM

Been reading some good things about this show, definitely going to try to catch the first few episodes.

dunksby 09-16-2012 04:48 AM

Episode 5 airing tonight, this is the only show currently on air that I actually anticipate every week. Don't miss it.

dunksby 09-25-2012 07:15 AM

Another great episode :cheers: Somebody better start watching this so we can discuss it here :lol

dunksby 10-04-2012 12:02 PM

First original series COPPER and hit sci-fi series Doctor Who continue to break records for the channel
Quote:

New York – October 4, 2012 – BBC AMERICA is celebrating its best month and quarter ever - fueled by the continued success of Supernatural Saturday series Doctor Who and the channel’s first original scripted series COPPER. The channel earned its highest ratings ever in total viewers for September and the third quarter 2012 in both prime and total day. BBC AMERICA also earned its highest ratings ever in A25-54 for September and the third quarter 2012 in prime.*
Perry Simon, General Manager, Channels, BBC Worldwide America commented: “COPPER is on track to be our highest-rated drama ever as it heads into an explosive season finale later this month, while television’s longest running sci-fi series, Doctor Who, continues to set ratings records as we prepare for an epic 50th Anniversary Doctor Who celebration next year. All in all, it's a great time at BBC AMERICA.
The Doctor Who season 7 premiere is BBC AMERICA’s highest rated telecast ever, delivering 2.470 million viewers and 1.48 rating/1.250 million A25-54 in Live+7, ranking #1 in cable in the time period on September 1.** The previous record in total audience was set two weeks earlier by COPPER’s series premiere on August 19, delivering 1.805 million viewers in Live+7. COPPER’s debut was BBC AMERICA’s best series premiere ever. The Doctor Who season premiere marks the first time a BBC AMERICA telecast has delivered over two million viewers. As previously announced, Doctor Who’s season premiere and COPPER’s third episode delivered BBC AMERICA its highest-rated weekend ever.

niko 10-04-2012 12:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
Another great episode :cheers: Somebody better start watching this so we can discuss it here :lol

I'm only on episode 2, ill try to catch up

dunksby 10-04-2012 12:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
I'm only on episode 2, ill try to catch up

Yea do that, what stands out most so far is that it's not some tamed show all suited up for everyone's viewing. It does not go over the top with grittiness either.

dunksby 10-25-2012 10:16 AM

What a finale, a great ending to an entertaining debut season. I'm surprised nobody has picked up on this.

niko 10-25-2012 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dunksby
What a finale, a great ending to an entertaining debut season. I'm surprised nobody has picked up on this.

i have them all downloaded, plan to watch all at one time. i will comment when i do. It's a good show.

Rameek 10-25-2012 08:32 PM

Its an awesome show. Its hard to describe what type of show it is....

Its quite entertaining but spoiler
I dont like the fact that they found his wife and she turned out to be a **** that killed his daughter and had an abortion with his best friend. i was hoping she would be a righteous character.

dunksby 11-11-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rameek
Its an awesome show. Its hard to describe what type of show it is....

Its quite entertaining but spoiler

I like the fact that they keep it real with a tendency to go slightly darker, it's a signature characteristic of the show. Spoiler:
Seriously I love the fact that they kept the child prostitute and incorporating her post emancipation life into the show. Any other show would have unburdened itself of such complex and obscene character with a happy ending to her misery which is a huge point in the favor of this series.

dunksby 07-09-2013 06:00 AM

New season too off two weeks ago, I feel like there has been a change to the cinematography, mostly camerawork, which lends a more authentic atmosphere to the whole thing. Casting of guests has been done well and I quite like Brigadier General Donovan (Donal Logue). Maguire is going to become a huge player and eventually a badass arch to Corcoran, so I'm looking forward to that as well.