Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Video Games Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=46)
-   -   Wii U Announce Event (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276642)

Black Joker 09-13-2012 11:47 AM

Wii U Announce Event

Quote:

Nintendo's Wii U console will launch November 18 in the United States, with a price of $300 for the white 8GB Basic set and $350 for a black 32GB Deluxe version. Nintendo announced pricing for Japan earlier today, with Europe not receiving a price, but penciling in a November 30 launch date.

Quote:

Nintendo today announced a Wii U launch date of November 30 for Europe, with the prices as yet unavailable for either the Basic or Premium sets that are coming to stores. Nintendo are announcing the European RRPs at a later date.

Nintendo of Europe announced the launch details during a Nintendo Direct broadcast, which ran at the same time as Nintendo of America's New York event this afternoon.

As with the sets in other regions, the Basic set comes with 8GB memory, a GamePad, AC adapters, and an HDMI cable. The Premium includes all of that and also a console stand, GamePad charging dock, GamePad stand, sensor bar, and the Nintendo Network Premium subscription, and Nintendo Land as well. Nintendo also announced a ZombiU Premium bundle at launch, which contains the zombie shooting game, a Black Wii U console with ZombiU skin, and a ZombiU Pro Controller.

Quote:

As part of its Wii U conference, Nintendo has revealed Nintendo TVii. Nintendo president Reggie Fils-Aime introduced the service, which will allow users to watch movies, sports and television via the Wii U. The service includes social features, allowing viewers to connect with other Wii U users via Twitter, Facebook and other services.

Nintendo TVii features a personalized program guide, which brings together what's on your television, "popular services" including Netflix and Hulu Plus, and even your DVR. Every user has their own profile, and Nintendo TVii will make program recommendations based on each profile's taste.

Browsing the service via the Wii U Gamepad, you can see what your friends are watching, mark favorite shows and even schedule a Tivo recording. The sports section allows users to quickly check scores, check out highlights and, of course, watch live games. Nintendo TVii is headed to both the United States and Canada. It will be included with every Wii U at no cost, with no monthly fee. Nintendo is "exploring" expansion across the Americas.

Game Announcements

Quote:

New Super Mario Bros. U will be available on launch day for Wii U. As Nintendo just announced, that means November 18th in the United States and November 30th in Europe.

Quote:

Nintendo announced Bayonetta is getting a sequel on Wii U, and it will be exclusive to the console. We'll keep you updated on Bayonetta 2 info as it comes.

Quote:

The Wonderful 101, a Pikmin-esque action game for the Wii U, was just announced during the European Nintendo Direct event.

Quote:

Namco has announced that Tekken Tag Tournament 2 on Wii U will have exclusive content.

We spotted Mario, Link and Bowser costumes in the reveal trailer alongside in-stage power-ups, including the Mega Mushroom, which super-sizes combatants.

Quote:

Monster Hunter 3G will be released on Wii U. It's expected to hit Wii U and 3DS in North America in March 2013.

Quote:

Activision has announced that 007 Legends will be released for Nintendo’s Wii U. The game is one of many titles announced at today’s Wii U Preview event in New York City and will join previously announced Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC versions.

Quote:

During this morning’s Wii U Preview Event, a Wii U version of Skylanders Giants was announced. The Wii U version will join the previously announced Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, Wii, 3DS and PC versions.

niko 09-13-2012 03:08 PM

Re: Wii U Announce Event

I love MH to a ridiculous extent so the fact that its not only coming out in the US, but on WiiU too, and has crossplay sells me if nothing else. I'm very happy on that.

clipse026 09-14-2012 12:27 AM

It looks interesting. I had and never used a Wii but this one would probably get more use from me. The tablet controller is interesting enough and I want to see more of the Nintendo TVii as I would definitely use that. Also it's not like the pad doesn't have 2 sticks, a d-pad and all the face buttons. I'd imagine the touchscreen will be used more for maps, inventory and stuff like that with the occasional game actually making you really use the touch functions 100%.

The launch "window" lineup is pretty decent and appears to have a bunch of games that aren't gimmicky like the Wii. I skipped out on 360 and PS3 for the 1st 2 years just because there wasn't much I wanted to play but this list looks a little better even if there are a few multi-plat AAA games.

I've never played a Lego game but Lego City looks like a ton of fun. It looks like a PG13 Saints Row 3 but with Legos. Tank!Tank!Tank! looks interesting, Zombi U looks excellent. Nano Assault Neo looks like a solid downloadable title. The Trine 2 port looks very well done. I see a lot to be impressed with here.

Brujesino 09-17-2012 05:11 PM

I probably wont buy it day one but i will definitely look for the reviews about it and may buy it sometime around christmas

RaininTwos 09-22-2012 07:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
I probably wont buy it day one but i will definitely look for the reviews about it and may buy it sometime around christmas

You are probably NOT going to get it until next year unless you make a concerted effort, this is game console launch....they won't have enough hands to sell this thing.

Brujesino 09-22-2012 11:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RaininTwos
You are probably NOT going to get it until next year unless you make a concerted effort, this is game console launch....they won't have enough hands to sell this thing.

Thats cool i can wait.Im very interested in the wii u but i have some doubts about it.Like why should i re buy Batman Arkham city and Mass Effect 3?Also BF3 when it comes out.

pre order are sold out so i have no choice but to wait until atleast christmas.

niko 09-23-2012 11:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brujesino
Thats cool i can wait.Im very interested in the wii u but i have some doubts about it.Like why should i re buy Batman Arkham city and Mass Effect 3?Also BF3 when it comes out.

pre order are sold out so i have no choice but to wait until atleast christmas.

Why would you rebuy games you have anyway? And if you have PS3, why would the ports be what you are looking at?

Brujesino 09-24-2012 01:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko
Why would you rebuy games you have anyway? And if you have PS3, why would the ports be what you are looking at?

Its the question iam asking nintendo.

I dont have a PS3.

Draz 09-24-2012 11:16 AM

so in guessing the release a system to match the current gen system how many years later? finally an hdmi? so graphics will be 1080p.. hopefully?