Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy... (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276795)

StateProperty 09-16-2012 11:09 AM

Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
reminded him on film last week of preparing to play against Reggie White.

Thought it was topic worthy. Primetime...your thoughts?

Jailblazers7 09-16-2012 11:10 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Just saw that too lol. Regardless, it doesn't matter if he can't stay healthy.

GOBB 09-16-2012 11:39 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
:roll:

Playmakers Dad 09-16-2012 11:40 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Merrill Hodge still gets paid to talk about football?

GOBB 09-16-2012 11:41 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Merrill Hodge still gets paid to talk about football?


He posts too online (Carbine)

Playmakers Dad 09-16-2012 11:42 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by GOBB
He posts too online (Carbine)

:oldlol: :oldlol:

Jailblazers7 09-16-2012 11:43 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Playmakers Dad
Merrill Hodge still gets paid to talk about football?


When I lived in the dorms, we used to take a shot every time Merrill said factorback on their Sunday morning coverage.

Playmakers Dad 09-16-2012 11:45 AM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jailblazers7
When I lived in the dorms, we used to take a shot every time Merrill said factorback on their Sunday morning coverage.

I remember when the entire Eagles fanbase wanted his head on a platter. He's just awful to listen to. Too many concussions made him mildly retarded.

Carbine 09-16-2012 12:26 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
He said that last weeks film of McCoy reminded him or Reggie White?

Is that right?

If so, what's so bad about that? We see guys have huge games all the time that could remind you of someone great. I've seen Fitzpatrick light it up and look like an all-time great player.

Being consistent will define McCoy. He wasn't a top 3 pick for no reason, he has obvious physical talents, so for him to put it all together one week? Doesn't surprise me. Him doing it over and over and over again will define him.

Playmakers Dad 09-16-2012 12:30 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
He said that last weeks film of McCoy reminded him or Reggie White?

Is that right?

If so, what's so bad about that? We see guys have huge games all the time that could remind you of someone great. I've seen Fitzpatrick light it up and look like an all-time great player.

Being consistent will define McCoy. He wasn't a top 3 pick for no reason, he has obvious physical talents, so for him to put it all together one week? Doesn't surprise me. Him doing it over and over and over again will define him.

Thank you very much for clarifying. We all sorely needed your take on this and your insights are just so educational.

Carbine 09-16-2012 12:35 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Funny guy.

GatorKid117 09-16-2012 01:02 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Haha.

No doubt McCoy was amazing last week but White-esque? Ehh.....

Hopefully he stays healthy!

-p.tiddy- 09-16-2012 02:24 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Is it really shocking to any of you that McCoy is doing well?...he is the best player on that D by far

and it shouldn't shock anyone if he has a better career than Suh either




as for the Reggie White comment?...very strange, White was a rushing DE while McCoy is DT stuffs/destroys the line rather than sack...they aren't the same type of player at all, really aren't even the same postion at all...might as well compare McCoy to Ware while you're at it

irondarts 09-16-2012 02:26 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Is it really shocking to any of you that McCoy is doing well?...he is the best player on that D by far

and it shouldn't shock anyone if he has a better career than Suh either




as for the Reggie White comment?...very strange, White was a rushing DE while McCoy is DT stuffs/destroys the line rather than sack...they aren't the same type of player at all, really aren't even the same postion at all...might as well compare McCoy to Ware while you're at it

No it's not surprising that he's doing this. If he can stay healthy he is amazing.

The problem is, he's barely been healthy which is why his career has been a disappointment so far.

RedBlackAttack 09-16-2012 02:43 PM

Re: Merrill Hodge just said Gerald McCoy...
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
Is it really shocking to any of you that McCoy is doing well?...he is the best player on that D by far

and it shouldn't shock anyone if he has a better career than Suh either




as for the Reggie White comment?...very strange, White was a rushing DE while McCoy is DT stuffs/destroys the line rather than sack...they aren't the same type of player at all, really aren't even the same postion at all...might as well compare McCoy to Ware while you're at it

Reggie White could do whatever you asked of him. He played at the absolute elite level at BOTH DE and DT over the course of his career.

He isn't the greatest defensive player of all-time for nothing.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:44 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy