Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=276905)

StateProperty 09-18-2012 01:20 PM

Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread

Da Games

-p.tiddy- 09-18-2012 01:22 PM

Re: Week 3 Discussion and Game Thread

Turner arrested for DUI, in addition to looking like garbage

I feel confident in saying this is his last year...

ROCSteady 09-18-2012 01:27 PM

Can't Wait to tailgate for the home opener.

Giants over Panthers

Cowboys over Bucs

Jaguars over Colts

Browns over Bills

Jets over Dolphins

Saints over Chiefs

Redskins over Bengals

Bears over Rams

9ers over Vikings

Lions over Titans

Falcons over Chargers

Cardinals over Eagles

Steelers over Raiders

Broncos over Texans

Patriots over Ravens (tough one in BAL)

PAckers over Seahawks

TheNaturalWR 09-18-2012 01:33 PM

Looking forward to the Texans @ Broncos game and the NE @ BAL game.

Peyton has made my Texans his bitch over the years but he hasn't faced this ferocious defense yet and with Denver's mediocre run defense and mediocre secondary I see my Texans coming though 28-17.

I see BAL winning with Hernandez out because of how much they rely on mismatches with the 2 TEs. And with Welker seemingly being in the doghouse I don't see Brady coming through in this one. However if Cam Cameron decides to basically ignore Ray Rice for the 2nd week in a row and simply just rely on Flacco I wouldn't be shocked if NE steals this one.

-p.tiddy- 09-18-2012 01:46 PM

there are an NFL record 20 teams that are 1-1 after week 2

parity is higher than ever, every team is equal other than a few great teams and few shitty teams

StateOfMind12 09-18-2012 01:47 PM

Denver-Houston should be a toss up. The Broncos have home field advantage and are good at defending the run but the Texans have the best pass defense in the league so far and they had a dominant pass defense last season too.

I'm really curious to see how Peyton does. It wouldn't surprise me if he continues his nightmare from last night against the Falcons but it wouldn't surprise me if he comes back and plays like he did in week 1 against the Steelers either.

We shall see.

Riddler 09-18-2012 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady

Browns over Bills

Redskins over Bengals

Cardinals over Eagles

Broncos over Texans

I don't know about your pick's on these 5 games (agree with the rest).

StateOfMind12 09-18-2012 01:54 PM

NYG over CAR
CHI over STL
BUF over CLE
DAL over TB
DET over TEN
IND over JAX
MIA over NYJ
SF over MIN
NO over KC
WAS over CIN
ARZ over PHI - upset of the week
SD over ATL
DEN over HOU - homer
PIT over OAK
BAL over NE
GB over SEA

niko 09-18-2012 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ROCSteady
Can't Wait to tailgate for the home opener.

Giants over Panthers

Cowboys over Bucs

Jaguars over Colts

Browns over Bills

Jets over Dolphins

Saints over Chiefs

Redskins over Bengals

Bears over Rams

9ers over Vikings

Lions over Titans

Falcons over Chargers

Cardinals over Eagles

Steelers over Raiders

Broncos over Texans

PAckers over Seahawks

Giants, Jets, Saints, Bears, Lions, Steelers all face games that if they lose there season will look a lot different than if they win. Especially Jets and Saints. If Jets lose they will be 1-4 because SF and Houston are going to tap dance on them. If Saints lose and go to 0-3 bye bye.

Sarcastic 09-18-2012 03:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by -p.tiddy-
there are an NFL record 20 teams that are 1-1 after week 2

parity is higher than ever, every team is equal other than a few great teams and few shitty teams

You can't measure parity over 2 games. In the past decade we have had a 16-0 team, multiple 15-1 teams, and even more 14-2 teams.

-p.tiddy- 09-18-2012 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
You can't measure parity over 2 games. In the past decade we have had a 16-0 team, multiple 15-1 teams, and even more 14-2 teams.

true, but I think it that there are just way more teams located in the middle than ever...

there are still a few GREAT teams...and still a few AWFUL teams...but then everyone else looks about equal

you're right about 2 games not being much, but this is the first time in NFL history that there have been 20 1-1 teams and I think that says something

tpols 09-18-2012 03:39 PM

No way eagles lose to the cards.. kolb is going to get locked up and vick is going to rebound.

UConnCeltics 09-18-2012 04:41 PM

Cards vs Eagles is interesting.

Eagles have the best offenses in the NFL, as it is #1 in total yards. Problem? 9 turnovers. Cardinals have only forced 3 turnovers so far. I expect the Eagles to look better in that department. And the Eagles will turn you over as well, 6 so far this season.

Arizona has a rather weak offense, 30th in the league.

Eagles are 4th in total defense, Cardinals are 13th.

Eagles also have the revenge factor. The loss to the Cardinals last year essentially ruined the year for the Eagles. I wouldn't worry about them taking the Cards lightly this year, especially since both squads are 2-0. There is something about the Cardinals though. Seems like they just know how to win to put it simply. Seattle is a good team, as is New England. But if the Eagles can beat the best team in the AFC, then they shouldn't have a problem with the 2nd/3rd best team from the NFC West.

niko 09-18-2012 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

Eagles have the best offenses in the NFL, as it is #1 in total yards. Problem? 9 turnovers. Cardinals have only forced 3 turnovers so far. I expect the Eagles to look better in that department. And the Eagles will turn you over as well, 6 so far this season.

Eagles also have the revenge factor. The loss to the Cardinals last year essentially ruined the year for the Eagles. I wouldn't worry about them taking the Cards lightly this year, especially since both squads are 2-0. There is something about the Cardinals though. Seems like they just know how to win to put it simply. Seattle is a good team, as is New England. But if the Eagles can beat the best team in the AFC, then they shouldn't have a problem with the 2nd/3rd best team from the NFC West.

I'd love to see Arizona give them a huge fight but i'm not seeing it unfortunately.

Rasheed1 09-18-2012 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics

I agree... I worry about some of the matchups tho.. The top one is the oline up the middle.. We are vulnerable to stunts and other games up front with this new center... his name is Dallas something... I'm already skeptical of this mofo :oldlol:

anyway, I hope they continue to lean on the run game like they did against the ravens... Eagles seem to be able to hold the ball pretty well (T.O.P) so I think 30 to 35 pass attempts for Vick is a good range..