Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277060)

Deuce Bigalow 09-21-2012 12:00 AM

#40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Bill Walton was voted the #39 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops.

13.3 PPG | 10.5 RPG | 3.4 APG

2x NBA Champion
NBA Finals MVP
NBA Most Valuable Player
2 NBA All-Star
All-NBA First Team
All-NBA Second Team
2 NBA All-Defensive First Team
NBA Sixth Man of the Year
1976-77 NBA rebounding champion
1976-77 NBA blocks leader



Quote:

#39 NBA Player Of All-Time Voting

14- Bill Walton
5- Kevin McHale
2- Jason Kidd
1- Dennis Rodman
1- Chris Paul
1- Pete Maravich
1- George Gervin


1. Michael Jordan
2. Kareem Abdul-Jabbar
3. Bill Russell
4. Magic Johnson
5. Larry Bird
6. Wilt Chamberlain
7. Shaquille O'Neal
8. Kobe Bryant
9. Tim Duncan
10. Hakeem Olajuwon
11. Lebron James
12. Moses Malone
13. Oscar Robertson
14. Jerry West
15. Julius Erving
16. Kevin Garnett
17. Karl Malone
18. Charles Barkley
19. Elgin Baylor
20. Bob Pettit
21. John Havlicek
22. Dirk Nowitzki
23. George Mikan
24. David Robinson
25. Isiah Thomas
26. Bob Cousy
27. Scottie Pippen
28. Rick Barry
29. Dwyane Wade
30. Willis Reed
31. Patrick Ewing
32. John Stockton
33. Walt Frazier
34. Clyde Drexler
35. Steve Nash
36. Allen Iverson
37. Dave Cowens
38. Dolph Schayes
39. Bill Walton

StateOfMind12 09-21-2012 12:04 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Vote - Paul Pierce



Without a doubt a top 40-50 player of all-time, 4th/5th greatest Celtic ever with Dave Cowens. He should be above Iverson too.

Round Mound 09-21-2012 12:04 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
McHale

Boston C's 09-21-2012 12:06 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
I'm still in awe that iverson was voted at 36....

Boston C's 09-21-2012 12:07 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Vote - Paul Pierce



Without a doubt a top 40-50 player of all-time, 4th/5th greatest Celtic ever with Dave Cowens. He should be above Iverson too.


i love pierce but your out of your damn mind...pierce is more like top 55-60

ill go walton here

dyna 09-21-2012 12:07 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Kevin Mchale

StateOfMind12 09-21-2012 12:09 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Boston C's
i love pierce but your out of your damn mind...pierce is more like top 55-60

ill go walton here

Walton just got enshrined unless you are voting for Luke Walton.

Boston C's 09-21-2012 12:10 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
Walton just got enshrined unless you are voting for Luke Walton.


lmao good catch...my bad...kevin mchale for me

G.O.A.T 09-21-2012 12:10 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Unseld, McHale, Hayes would be the next three for me, the order is always interesting to discuss.

Unseld brings the most oddly complete resume and the greatest reputation as an ideal teammate and constant winner to the table. Hayes brings the numbers like few if any left can rival, and McHale brings the winning pedigree and all-around impact that a lot of basketball fans love.

I'd take this front court guys over comparable back-courters still on the board like Kidd, Payton and the Iceman.

StateOfMind12 09-21-2012 12:13 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
I find it funny that people are voting for Mchale yet in the Ray vs. Manu thread, people were saying it's Ray because Manu was a bench player while Ray was a starter.

Well guess what? Mchale was a bench player for more than half of his career as well while Pierce has always been a starter.

fpliii 09-21-2012 12:16 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
Unseld, McHale, Hayes would be the next three for me, the order is always interesting to discuss.

Unseld brings the most oddly complete resume and the greatest reputation as an ideal teammate and constant winner to the table. Hayes brings the numbers like few if any left can rival, and McHale brings the winning pedigree and all-around impact that a lot of basketball fans love.

I'd take this front court guys over comparable back-courters still on the board like Kidd, Payton and the Iceman.


I'm pretty embarrassed about my lack of knowledge of the NBA during the mid-late 70s (pre-shot clock era as well, but that's a discussion for another day)...games are just so hard to come by (while almost every playoff game from 80 on is available online somewhere)

are there any complete online games or decent books you'd recommend checking out to fill the mental gap?

Freedom Kid7 09-21-2012 12:17 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Am I the only one who thinks Kidd should be in here? Took a Godawful team to the finals twice, was a great defender at the PG position, smart as hell and an excellent rebounder. I know, I know, his scoring may have sucked, but his longevity, defense, smarts and just about everything else made up for it and even more

fsvr54 09-21-2012 12:19 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Freedom Kid7
Am I the only one who thinks Kidd should be in here? Took a Godawful team to the finals twice, was a great defender at the PG position, smart as hell and an excellent rebounder. I know, I know, his scoring may have sucked, but his longevity, defense, smarts and just about everything else made up for it and even more


I voted Kidd in the last topic and will vote for him again here.

Boston C's 09-21-2012 12:21 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by StateOfMind12
I find it funny that people are voting for Mchale yet in the Ray vs. Manu thread, people were saying it's Ray because Manu was a bench player while Ray was a starter.

Well guess what? Mchale was a bench player for more than half of his career as well while Pierce has always been a starter.


Thats an absolutely completely different argument...manu was never an mvp candidate whereas mchale won mvp in his career which is saying soemthing...mchale was the man in his tenure with the blazers leading them to a title and snagging a finals mvp while he was at it...he has way more nba accolades then manu...saying manu was better then ray is flat out ridiculous because manu never played more then 30 minutes a game in his entire career even in his peak...ill definitely take the guy that can give you 40 minutes a game and carry the team on his shoulders night in a night out 10 times out of 10

also there are at least 10 other ppl to put over pierce...im a huge pierce guy but hes not a top 50 player of all time let alone top 40

iamgine 09-21-2012 12:22 AM

Re: #40 NBA Player Of All-Time According to InsideHoops
 
No Bob Mcadoo yet?


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:10 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy