Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Pistons taking a chance on Terrence Williams (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277088)

Levity 09-21-2012 12:53 PM

Pistons taking a chance on Terrence Williams

It looks like a team finally decided to take a risk on TWill. The detroit pistions have offered Terrence WIlliams a spot in their training camp

http://www.freep.com/article/2012092...rence-williams

Do you see him making the team? And if he did, do you think this is a good spot for him? Can he finally reach his potential in Detroit?

StroShow4 09-21-2012 12:58 PM

Re: Pistons taking a chance on Terrence Williams

Offering a training camp invite isn't really "taking a risk."

Duderonomy 09-21-2012 12:59 PM

Should be moved to the team forum. It's funny when he was on the nets I said he played like a Piston. Not surprised Dumars rolled the dice on him, he has a knack for seeing talent (afflalo,Smush,Okur)

Mr. I'm So Rad 09-21-2012 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Should be moved to the team forum. It's funny when he was on the nets I said he played like a Piston. Not surprised Dumars rolled the dice on him, he has a knack for seeing talent (afflalo,Smush,Okur)

There's only 1 Smush I know of. And I hope you aren't referring to him.

StroShow4 09-21-2012 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duderonomy

You forgot Darko.

embersyc 09-21-2012 01:01 PM

Pistons have 15 guys under contract, so he has no shot at making the team unless a lopsided trade happens.

longtime lurker 09-21-2012 01:08 PM

And this exactly the type of team that shouldn't go after Terrence williams

Levity 09-21-2012 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longtime lurker
And this exactly the type of team that shouldn't go after Terrence williams

Yup. He would have benefited being with a bunch of veterans on a winning team. what winning team wanted to chance on him is a different question though. I always wished the Lakers took a shot on him. Best of luck to Twill, though.

Duderonomy 09-21-2012 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by StroShow4
You forgot Darko.

It was Darko or Melo. Personally they are both cancers.:oldlol:

senelcoolidge 09-21-2012 02:33 PM

Next summer Williams will be out of a job again. No surprise. He's talented, but just a bonehead.

Raz 09-21-2012 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity
Yup. He would have benefited being with a bunch of veterans on a winning team. what winning team wanted to chance on him is a different question though. I always wished the Lakers took a shot on him. Best of luck to Twill, though.

That's right, he would benefit from being on a team full of guys that play off the ball and can shoot, Atlanta would be absolutely ideal for him. The Hawks management have been terrible for the longest time.

Rake2204 09-21-2012 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by embersyc
Pistons have 15 guys under contract, so he has no shot at making the team unless a lopsided trade happens.

This is correct. I suppose camp invites are always uphill battles, but with Detroit's full roster, Williams' path seems even tougher. I'd guess he'd not only have to impress, but he'd have to do enough to make Detroit free up room through trade or otherwise.

longtime lurker 09-21-2012 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Levity

He would have been great as a creator off the bench for the Lakers. Tbh I'd prefer him over Ebanks. I can't see him having success on the Pistons.

FireDavidKahn 09-21-2012 10:16 PM

3 teams have already taken a chance on Williams.:no: