Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Toronto Raptors Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Jonas Valanciunas Injuried (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277262)

n00bie 09-24-2012 06:17 PM

Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...injury-update/

Quote:

Raptors centre Jonas Valanciunas sustained a left calf strain during a voluntary workout Saturday afternoon.

The injury is not thought to be serious and he will be treated as symptoms require.

A timeline for a return to full basketball activity has not been established.

Only reason why I'd even want to watch a Raptors game this season..hope he doesn't have to miss any training camp days... :facepalm

Burgz V2 09-24-2012 06:24 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by n00bie
http://blog.raptors.com/press-releas...injury-update/



Only reason why I'd even want to watch a Raptors game this season..hope he doesn't have to miss any training camp days... :facepalm


it's not serious. it's not even news. he'll be back on the court in no time.

RaininThrees 09-24-2012 09:56 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burgz V2
it's not serious. it's not even news. he'll be back on the court in no time.


IMO, big men and leg injuries is never not news.

Toni 09-25-2012 12:09 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
It's his calf, and a strain. I wouldn't be overly concerned.

Parps 09-25-2012 11:57 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toni
It's his calf, and a strain. I wouldn't be overly concerned.


Didn't Bargs have a re-occurring calf injury most of last year?

Toni 09-25-2012 02:52 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Parps
Didn't Bargs have a re-occurring calf injury most of last year?


I think this is from stress and over-use than anything severe. The kid hasn't stopped playing year round ball since he was 17. Obviously your body is going to break down eventually.

Legends66NBA7 09-27-2012 12:17 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Chillin with Acy:


lilbeastnani 09-27-2012 02:39 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Non-story. Sorry to burst your bubble RT and OP. Not news indeed.
http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nba/...as-valanciunas
Quote:

Jonas Valanciunas was not wearing a walking boot on Wednesday, but didn't participate in basketball activities, either.
He's dealing with a calf strain, but isn't expected to miss much of training camp. The boot remains a bit of a mystery, since he has a calf injury, but the fact it was gone today is a good sign. Calf injuries can be tricky, but for now, Valanciunas is expected to be ready for training camp, and looks like the Raptors' opening-night starting center. Sep 26 - 5:21 PM
Source: Eric Koreen on Twitter

Chamberlain 09-27-2012 09:44 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Certainly hope its nothing serious. Their training camp is here in Halifax and I was looking forward to seeing him in action.

PS: lilbeastnani banned? or is that just a joke?

Jballer 09-27-2012 01:08 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
PS: lilbeastnani banned? or is that just a joke?


?????

Where does this pop up ?

Chamberlain 09-27-2012 02:07 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jballer
?????

Where does this pop up ?


Between his username and picture.

Legends66NBA7 09-27-2012 05:19 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chamberlain
Between his username and picture.


His rep bar is still showing, so no he isn't banned.

He just kept that as his custom.

lilbeastnani 09-27-2012 11:42 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
In the OTC there was a thread called "the official GOBB appreciation thread" or something like that. I re-posted what someone else had already posted in another thread which was an e-fight that Jeff had with GOBB. And I added a youtube link of a vid Jeff had put of himself on youtube and made a joke about it. Then someone (I believe probably OSA) flew off the handle deleted the post and the thread, and gave me a 1 month ban only to remove it no more than 10 minutes later. :oldlol: So I just kept it up there because of how stupid that situation was. No worries, i'm not going anywhere.:cheers:

Chamberlain 09-28-2012 10:58 AM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
:oldlol: Alright man, just wondering because of the fantasy league. Would be pretty hard to do if you couldn't post here! Behave yourself, son! :yaohappy:

Jballer 09-28-2012 12:18 PM

Re: Jonas Valanciunas Injuried
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by lilbeastnani
....snip.....Blah blah blah.....
No worries, i'm not going anywhere.:cheers:


While I dont often agree with you and I sometimes suspect you post "just to be provactive" (read shitdisturber) it would be a sadder and quieter world on these threads without you.

:cheers:

I disagree with many here from time to time ; but honestly I do find all of your insights interesting. It does make me consider and defend my own preconieved "correctness" - that applies to more than beast...include bloke, joe, funk, toni, chamber, etc all of you.

:cheers:


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:46 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy