Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Dear ISH Science Nerds (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277378)

UConnCeltics 09-26-2012 04:06 PM

Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Which is faster, the speed of light or the speed of darkness?

I know, but do you? Interested to see your thoughts.

Timmy D for MVP 09-26-2012 04:07 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
:biggums:

JEFFERSON MONEY 09-26-2012 04:18 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Seeing as how darkness is the absence of light, and light is an entity that is both a photon and a wave (as EVIDENCED by Young's Double-Slut Penetration Experiment)... I can offer a few conjectures.


The human psyche is a wonderful thing. It is designed, developed, and manufactured to aid us in survival. Yet... as we go by on our days, why is it that good deeds and praise go unrecognized, but an insult remains in the cerebrum forever. Why it's a simple matter of course! Evil prevails over good 10 times over 10, and twice on Sunday since we live in a God-less selfish society (nto that that's a bad thing) headed by Devil-Worshipping Masons and Illuminati.

Furthermore, what intrigues us more? The humble, hardworking, honorable, protect the land heroic.. or the dazzling, magnificent, volatile, vociferous, vindicative, charismatic evil?

Who did thou cheereth for? Louanna or Anton Chigurgh?
Joker or Dark Knight?
Lecter or Clarise?
Shaka Zulu or the Dutch?
*Insert godfather or wire characters here*
Corleone or Fredo

Who stuck on the mind more? Who followed their own WILL and their own personal agenda in order to fulfill their destiny?

If you wanted to really leave an impression on someone.. an unforgettable impression would you inflict pain upon their ego or would you be another stupid predictable bland f*cking kissa$$

Rhetorically speaking.

From these various examples we can conclude...


..... Dark is more POWERFUL than light.

And to further reiterate my case I must ask you this. Does purple look more like black or like light. And does red look more like white light or like blackness.

Purple/Violet/Indigo are CLAERLY "blacker" and darker than their infrared counterpats and they have shorter wwavelengths and higher frequencies. They are smaller and more agile, like a hummingbird flapping its wings as opposed to Lights big wavelengths and low frequencies. An andean Condor type fella.

And Power = Speed X Strength.

Gauging by the fact that one clearly possesses more mass than the other (light, since light is SOMETHING as opposed to Dark which is the ABSENCE of light) we can say that light possesses a discernible mass. Dark does not.

We can quickly take a glance at sports science for a final answer. One produces more force than the other. and on TOP of that one is lighter than the other.

Would 130 lb Bruce Lee generating 1500 lbs of force in a quick punch, counter 220 lb Rampage Jacksons 1450 lbs of force in a hook? Seeing as how the latter has a HEAVIER fist and the former a lighter one.. the lighter one MUST produce FASTER SPEEDS OF ACCELERATION to Match.. let alone OUTDO the wolf-howling freak.

In conclusion, dark is faster.

highwhey 09-26-2012 04:28 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
Seeing as how darkness is the absence of light, and light is an entity that is both a photon and a wave (as EVIDENCED by Young's Double-Slut Penetration Experiment)... I can offer a few conjectures.


The human psyche is a wonderful thing. It is designed, developed, and manufactured to aid us in survival. Yet... as we go by on our days, why is it that good deeds and praise go unrecognized, but an insult remains in the cerebrum forever. Why it's a simple matter of course! Evil prevails over good 10 times over 10, and twice on Sunday since we live in a God-less selfish society (nto that that's a bad thing) headed by Devil-Worshipping Masons and Illuminati.

Furthermore, what intrigues us more? The humble, hardworking, honorable, protect the land heroic.. or the dazzling, magnificent, volatile, vociferous, vindicative, charismatic evil?

Who did thou cheereth for? Louanna or Anton Chigurgh?
Joker or Dark Knight?
Lecter or Clarise?
Shaka Zulu or the Dutch?
*Insert godfather or wire characters here*
Corleone or Fredo

Who stuck on the mind more? Who followed their own WILL and their own personal agenda in order to fulfill their destiny?

If you wanted to really leave an impression on someone.. an unforgettable impression would you inflict pain upon their ego or would you be another stupid predictable bland f*cking kissa$$

Rhetorically speaking.

From these various examples we can conclude...


..... Dark is more POWERFUL than light.

And to further reiterate my case I must ask you this. Does purple look more like black or like light. And does red look more like white light or like blackness.

Purple/Violet/Indigo are CLAERLY "blacker" and darker than their infrared counterpats and they have shorter wwavelengths and higher frequencies. They are smaller and more agile, like a hummingbird flapping its wings as opposed to Lights big wavelengths and low frequencies. An andean Condor type fella.

And Power = Speed X Strength.

Gauging by the fact that one clearly possesses more mass than the other (light, since light is SOMETHING as opposed to Dark which is the ABSENCE of light) we can say that light possesses a discernible mass. Dark does not.

We can quickly take a glance at sports science for a final answer. One produces more force than the other. and on TOP of that one is lighter than the other.

Would 130 lb Bruce Lee generating 1500 lbs of force in a quick punch, counter 220 lb Rampage Jacksons 1450 lbs of force in a hook? Seeing as how the latter has a HEAVIER fist and the former a lighter one.. the lighter one MUST produce FASTER SPEEDS OF ACCELERATION to Match.. let alone OUTDO the wolf-howling freak.

In conclusion, dark is faster.

:oldlol: classic j$

JEFFERSON MONEY 09-26-2012 04:34 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by highwhey
:oldlol: classic j$


Your PM box is full bro so I'll link you.

http://forum.bulletproofexec.com/ind...brain-hacking/

Piracetam can be attained for reasonable prices. Creatine is linked to better brain development. Caffeine + Carbs + MCT Oil as well.

Here's a recipe
12 oz Black Coffee
2 tbsp Coconut OIl
and then a big apple.

If you want to digest study material as efficiently and permanently as possible; consider these methods.
- Holistic Learning (This is when you put your stuff in a song, and see it as a LINK in a web connection as opposed to a staunch fact) Use mind2map.com for this
- Using all senses to incorporate the knowledge.. f.e. if I was learning about cars.. I'd put my hands around a camshaft, I'd listen to a lecture regarding it, and I'd see it, and spatially aware myself on hwo it fits in with the other parts of an engine.
- Consider the rest stop rest stop technique. GO HARD FIFTEEN MINUTSE. That's it. FIFTEEN. Rest 2 minutes. GO HARD 14. Rest 2. Etc. Etc.
- Read and digest Cal Newport Blog
- Get into a theta or alpha state for optimal information absorption. That means deep breaths and a relaxed demeanor to really get things to click. And when you want to perform well on a test.. go beta. Be a bit stressed.. but not too much

CeltsGarlic 09-26-2012 05:02 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by JEFFERSON MONEY
WALL OF TEXT


So many wrong shit, I dont know why :confusedshrug:

ripthekik 09-26-2012 05:09 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
i dont think darkness has a speed..
light travels but darkness does not. it is always there, it is a vacuum, only gets "occupied" by light when light reaches. when light is gone, darkness is back. so there is no speed of darkness.

the only variable is the speed of light. the speed of light is how fast darkness disappears, and how fast darkness reappears.

skan72 09-26-2012 05:45 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by ripthekik
i dont think darkness has a speed..
light travels but darkness does not. it is always there, it is a vacuum, only gets "occupied" by light when light reaches. when light is gone, darkness is back. so there is no speed of darkness.

the only variable is the speed of light. the speed of light is how fast darkness disappears, and how fast darkness reappears.


Darkness isn't a vacuum...space is, sure, but space doesn't = darkness.

Darkness is just the absence of light, as others have said. End of story. rip is right insofar as the speed of darkness appearing/disappearing is equal to that of the speed of light.

Boomerang 09-26-2012 06:44 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
my ejaculation is faster.

nathanjizzle 09-26-2012 07:01 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
is this question suppose to be mind boggling or expose u as an inbred?

miller-time 09-26-2012 07:56 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
it'd just be the inverse of C. "darkness" moves as fast as light retreats.

TheeBeast 09-26-2012 07:58 PM

Re: Dear ISH Science Nerds
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by UConnCeltics
Which is faster, the speed of light or the speed of darkness?

I know, but do you? Interested to see your thoughts.


The speed of darkness is relative to the speed of light. They both interrelate and have the same speed as each other-

Light is just as fast coming in as it is leaving. Darkness is just another word for absence of light. So the only thing really there is light or no light

That's how I see it


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:56 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy