Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   D-League Forum, Minor League and International Basketball Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277389)

Euroleague 09-26-2012 04:53 PM

Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Jordi Bertomeu said that Barca and Siena will lose their A licenses before the season starts if they do not move into 10,000+ arenas.

chains5000 09-27-2012 04:09 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Jordi Bertomeu said that Barca and Siena will lose their A licenses before the season starts if they do not move into 10,000+ arenas.

No problem for Barcelona, they'll make it regardless. Not sure about Sienna though.

Sakkreth 09-27-2012 05:24 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Sucks for Siena :x .

So glad Zalgiris made it in time.

Lebowski 09-27-2012 12:33 PM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Jordi Bertomeu said that Barca and Siena will lose their A licenses before the season starts if they do not move into 10,000+ arenas.


So teams playing in the Euroleague has to be able to take 10,000+ people.

Some time since I last saw a Euroleague game because I lost the only channel that broadcast them here, but I remember seeing a few where the arena wasn't really packed to the brim. So whats the point of this? Has attendance increased that much?

Euroleague 09-27-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski
So teams playing in the Euroleague has to be able to take 10,000+ people.

Some time since I last saw a Euroleague game because I lost the only channel that broadcast them here, but I remember seeing a few where the arena wasn't really packed to the brim. So whats the point of this? Has attendance increased that much?


Attendance in Euroleague is usually pretty big. Especially at Top 16 and playoffs the attendance is usually huge, with most arenas packed.

Ironically, one of the teams with by far lowest attendance though is Barca.

chains5000 09-28-2012 03:12 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski
So teams playing in the Euroleague has to be able to take 10,000+ people.

Some time since I last saw a Euroleague game because I lost the only channel that broadcast them here, but I remember seeing a few where the arena wasn't really packed to the brim. So whats the point of this? Has attendance increased that much?

We got a lot of people for Euroleague games last season, but I don't the exact numbers.

Lebowski 09-28-2012 03:49 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Euroleague
Attendance in Euroleague is usually pretty big. Especially at Top 16 and playoffs the attendance is usually huge, with most arenas packed.

Ironically, one of the teams with by far lowest attendance though is Barca.


Hehe, figures. Doesn't Barca play in Palau Sant Jordi? Seems big enough?

Then I guess I remembered wrong, or that it was pre-Top 16.

Lebowski 09-28-2012 03:52 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
We got a lot of people for Euroleague games last season, but I don't the exact numbers.


Good stuff! Has teams in Spain at all been noticeable affected by the economic situation?

chains5000 09-28-2012 05:07 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski
Good stuff! Has teams in Spain at all been noticeable affected by the economic situation?

Yes, most star players outside Barcelona and Madrid have left for Russia or Turkey.

Lebowski 09-28-2012 05:56 AM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
Yes, most star players outside Barcelona and Madrid have left for Russia or Turkey.


Turkey huh? Russia I would have guessed, but Turkey, interesting.

Euroleague 09-28-2012 02:08 PM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebowski
Hehe, figures. Doesn't Barca play in Palau Sant Jordi? Seems big enough?

Then I guess I remembered wrong, or that it was pre-Top 16.


No they used to play in Sant Jordi, which has like 16,500 to 17,000 capacity. Now they play in Blaugrana which has about 7,600 capacity.

Evidently they will have to move back into Sant Jordi if they want to keep their license. At least until their new arena is built.

The problem with Sant Jordi is that it is awful for basketball viewing. Although they could probably fix that if they added some nice TV screens.

Euroleague 09-28-2012 02:09 PM

Re: Euroleague Said Barca And Siena Will Lose A License
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by chains5000
We got a lot of people for Euroleague games last season, but I don't the exact numbers.


I think Bilbao was usually getting around 10,000.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:16 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy