Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Lakers Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=14)
-   -   Jordan Hill Avoids Jail Time (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277493)

lakerfreak 09-28-2012 05:47 AM

Jordan Hill Avoids Jail Time

http://www.insidehoops.com/blog/?p=11008

Great news. We can have him back focused on basketball. He's going to have to move on now, he's probably going to start until Dwight returns.

dd24 09-28-2012 07:00 PM

Re: Jordan Hill Avoids Jail Time

I'm glad to see he didn't get jail time for that. It'll be good for him to have a full training camp with no side distractions. I'm not sure he'll be the starter necessarily. It could be Jamison too. Those two will have to fight it out.

lakerfreak 09-28-2012 11:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dd24
I'm glad to see he didn't get jail time for that. It'll be good for him to have a full training camp with no side distractions. I'm not sure he'll be the starter necessarily. It could be Jamison too. Those two will have to fight it out.

I think if coaches are smart, they'd start Hill.

1) We need firepower off the bench
2) Jamison next to Pau would be great offense, but no hustle plays would occur. Jordan Hill would be the perfect Center since it is his true position. Pau isn't as effective defensively at the center position.

But like you said, it'll all depend on their performance in training camp.

MJ(Mean John) 09-29-2012 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lakerfreak
I think if coaches are smart, they'd start Hill.

1) We need firepower off the bench
2) Jamison next to Pau would be great offense, but no hustle plays would occur. Jordan Hill would be the perfect Center since it is his true position. Pau isn't as effective defensively at the center position.

But like you said, it'll all depend on their performance in training camp.

I think they'll start Jamison too.

Why? Because they can start pau at the 5 which still has Jordan hill backing up pau to give us more minutes having a legit 5 on the floor.

You start both of them and then what happens when they both need a breather?
Jamison can't play the 5.

dd24 09-29-2012 03:08 PM

I've never seen Hill as a true C. I always thought he was a more natural PF. Of course Pau is better at PF too, but he can defend better at C than Hill can. That's why I think Pau will end up starting at C and Hill will probably come off the bench.

lakerfreak 09-30-2012 06:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MJ(Mean John)
I think they'll start Jamison too.

Why? Because they can start pau at the 5 which still has Jordan hill backing up pau to give us more minutes having a legit 5 on the floor.

You start both of them and then what happens when they both need a breather?
Jamison can't play the 5.

Your logic is correct, but your results are a bit opposite of what I was thinking. Time to re-open a wound here :D. Back when Odom was here, it was 3 men rotating at the 4 and 5, with him, Bynum, and Pau.

If you start Jordan Hill at the 5, Jamison can come off the bench to play the 4, which would still keep the 5 for Jordan, or you move pau to the 5 while taking Jordan out, and then Jamison would still be playing.

So its irrelevant on whether Jordan Hill starts or not.

Another factor to bring is an old Phil Jackson mentality. He never started rotation players from the bench. When starters would get hurt, he would replace them with a third string player, so that the second unit was not altered. The second unit is probably the most crucial lineup and should not be toyed with.

Jamison is our sixth man, and should not start one game for the lakers. If he starts, then suddenly your bench doesn't have a 15 ppg threat that can keep your team level while the starters rest.

lakerfreak 09-30-2012 06:47 PM

Yahoo is reporting that Howard is aiming to play season opener against the mavericks.

dd24 09-30-2012 08:06 PM

Quote:

Yahoo is reporting that Howard is aiming to play season opener against the mavericks.

I really wasn't expecting him to come back so soon. That would be awesome!

lakerfreak 10-01-2012 04:27 PM

Quote:

I really wasn't expecting him to come back so soon. That would be awesome!

Yeah. Im not really liking it though. He says his back feels 85%. I don't think any player should play until they're 95% or more. Its too risky. He should take a week out of the season or two.

DKLaker 10-01-2012 05:10 PM

Quote:

Yeah. Im not really liking it though. He says his back feels 85%. I don't think any player should play until they're 95% or more. Its too risky. He should take a week out of the season or two.

From what I understand it is just a case of needing to strengthen the muscles and he has to use them to get stronger, he should be 95-100% by game 1.....at least that's what I was told by an expert.

dd24 10-02-2012 04:10 PM

It sounds like Hill will start:

Quote:

Gasol said he will start at center in Howardís absence while Jordan Hill is expected to start at power forward. Antawn Jamison will likely come off the bench. Howard, however, didn't rule out playing opening night. "Itís a goal, but Iím not rushing it," Howard said. "Everybody wants me to play on opening night. But we are not going to rush it." Yahoo! Sports

All Net 10-02-2012 04:31 PM

Quote:

Dwight has already stated he wont play if he isn't 100%

BlueandGold 10-03-2012 01:36 AM

Nice one Hill.

lakerfreak 10-05-2012 07:56 AM

Quote:

It sounds like Hill will start:

So in a way we were both right. You said he'd play PF coming off the bench. I said he'd play starting center. lol

Da Kobester 10-05-2012 11:40 PM

We all like Jordan but the fact of the matter is this a serious offense you just don't be hittin' on a female :no: (allegedly) aight. This time Jordan got off lightly but in the future this dude gotta keep his paws to himself or else he'd be lookin' down hill and in from behind the bars! :(