Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Football Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=47)
-   -   Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277790)

niko 10-02-2012 09:05 AM

Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts

Two weeks before Tebowmania began in Denver, their coach when asked if Orton was his starter said "Orton gives us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW." Upon being asked about Sanchez this week, Rex Ryan word for word said the same thing. Their owner talks about Tebow, but won't call Sanchez by name. "That QB, our QB, the QB".

The Jets in need of O-Line help, receivers and running back depth this offseason drafted Hill (really not read to play) and that was about it. Instead, they traded for Tebow, and sent Sanchez out there with terrible weapons, a terrible line, no running game, and the looming shadow of Tebow and said "IMPROVE!"

To no one's surprise he did not, and now we are in the 2 week gauntlet of death where the Jets are going to get destroyed. Houston will destroy them, Sanchez will get killed (they are going to tee off on him), and Tebow will be brought in to face Indy, who the Jets pass defense can confuse (rookie QB's have trouble with Ryan's defenses). And they'll eek out a win, and that will be that on Mark Sanchez.

Mark's not a great QB, but the Jets set him up to fail. Tebowmania Part 2 begins soon...

Real Men Wear Green 10-02-2012 12:46 PM

Re: Write it Down: The Fix is In, Tebow to start vs. Colts

You play the guy that gives you the best chance to win. Jets receiving core was already bad, now they lost their not-really #1 receiver Holmes. Sanchez would be better if they had a real offense, but they don't. 0 points is as bad as an offense can get, might as well see what Tebow can do, he sparked Denver maybe NY gets (extremely) lucky and he can lead them to 8 wins. If he doesn't, they are going to be bad without Revis no matter who the QB is so they'll be set up to draft Barkley or whoever.

UtahJazzFan88 10-02-2012 12:53 PM

Tebow gives the Jets a better chance to win than Sanchez. Which isn't saying a whole lot, but he adds dimension & running game.

NuggetsFan 10-02-2012 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by niko

Mark's not a great QB, but the Jets set him up to fail. Tebowmania Part 2 begins soon...

:oldlol: how do you figure?

You sound exactly like the people who liked Orton and didn't want Tebow to start. Teams start the player the gives them the best chance to win. Sanchez has had his turn and been pretty bad. If it was any other backup QB behind Sanchez and the Jets were debating about pulling him, nobody would care.

Really dumb post. You talk about how the Jets give Sanchez nothing to work with but Tebow's going to be working with the same team? Seriously doubt the one win against Indy will be the end of everything :oldlol: Mark's layed a goose egg, why shouldn't the back up QB get a chance?

Thread sums up Tebow tho. You either have people who are like ALL HE DOES IS WIN and than you have the people who are like OMG it's all bullshit. Very rarely are their people in the middle(not really on ISH but outside of that).

Carbine 10-02-2012 03:01 PM

I have this really weird feeling Niko is a closet Jets fan. It's all dude ever talks about. Jets this, Jets that.

niko 10-02-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NuggetsFan
:oldlol: how do you figure?

You sound exactly like the people who liked Orton and didn't want Tebow to start. Teams start the player the gives them the best chance to win. Sanchez has had his turn and been pretty bad. If it was any other backup QB behind Sanchez and the Jets were debating about pulling him, nobody would care.

Really dumb post. You talk about how the Jets give Sanchez nothing to work with but Tebow's going to be working with the same team? Seriously doubt the one win against Indy will be the end of everything :oldlol: Mark's layed a goose egg, why shouldn't the back up QB get a chance?

Thread sums up Tebow tho. You either have people who are like ALL HE DOES IS WIN and than you have the people who are like OMG it's all bullshit. Very rarely are their people in the middle(not really on ISH but outside of that).

They needed lineman, running backs, and receivers. They brought in only Tebow. No, Sanchez didn't succeed. WIll Tebow? I doubt it.

Where did i criticize Tebow in my post btw? Reread it. I said they didn't back Sanchez up, or did it half heartedly, because they want Tebow in. Are you in love with him? Because i basically said the Jets screwed Sanchez and you read "i hate Tebow".

NuggetsFan 10-02-2012 03:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine
I have this really weird feeling Niko is a closet Jets fan. It's all dude ever talks about. Jets this, Jets that.

Same with the Nets :oldlol:

niko 10-02-2012 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Carbine

Jets are endlessly entertaining. And in NY, they get more press than the Giants do. What is there to discuss about my Giants right now, today at this moment that is compelling for this board? Tell me. If Wilson should get more touches? If we should change the carry % of our running backs? Should Barden or Hixon be the 3rd wideout?

If you look yesterday, i'd be a closet Cowboy fan, i've been debating benching Dez to benefit him.

niko 10-02-2012 03:14 PM

Quote:

Same with the Nets :oldlol:

MY CITY HAS TWO TEAMS. You wouldn't follow the second team? Should i close my eyes and ignore them? Laker fans talk about the Clippers. Spurs and Mavs fans comment on each other. Your cities (indy/denver) have very miopic views because you have the one team in each sport. It's different in NY, every sport has multiple teams and fanbases.

To say a football fan who loves it in NYC should ignore the Jets is ridiculous, 75% of all talk on football is Jets talk.

NuggetsFan 10-02-2012 03:17 PM

Quote:

MY CITY HAS TWO TEAMS. You wouldn't follow the second team? Should i close my eyes and ignore them? Laker fans talk about the Clippers. Spurs and Mavs fans comment on each other. Your cities (indy/denver) have very miopic views because you have the one team in each sport. It's different in NY, every sport has multiple teams and fanbases.

To say a football fan who loves it in NYC should ignore the Jets is ridiculous, 75% of all talk on football is Jets talk.

Didn't say it was a bad thing or anything. Just pointed out that you also seem to talk alot about the Nets as well, which for the reasons you just said.

niko 10-02-2012 03:21 PM

Quote:

Didn't say it was a bad thing or anything. Just pointed out that you also seem to talk alot about the Nets as well, which for the reasons you just said.

i actually have a lot of net sources, people i know who do business with them, and i bought tickets once in bulk so i get to talk to their marketing a lot, etc. My own team, the Knicks sucks at those things. So i actually talk Nets more than Knicks. It's kind of sad. :cry: I can get comp Net tickets from my brother in law, and one of my friends. Knicks, nothing.

I love my Knicks but they cause me endless pain. I think sometimes i discuss Nets more becuase it doesn't bother me if they win or lose so its stress free.

FreezingTsmoove 10-02-2012 03:54 PM

Quote:

Two weeks before Tebowmania began in Denver, their coach when asked if Orton was his starter said "Orton gives us the best chance to win RIGHT NOW." Upon being asked about Sanchez this week, Rex Ryan word for word said the same thing. Their owner talks about Tebow, but won't call Sanchez by name. "That QB, our QB, the QB".

The Jets in need of O-Line help, receivers and running back depth this offseason drafted Hill (really not read to play) and that was about it. Instead, they traded for Tebow, and sent Sanchez out there with terrible weapons, a terrible line, no running game, and the looming shadow of Tebow and said "IMPROVE!"

To no one's surprise he did not, and now we are in the 2 week gauntlet of death where the Jets are going to get destroyed. Houston will destroy them, Sanchez will get killed (they are going to tee off on him), and Tebow will be brought in to face Indy, who the Jets pass defense can confuse (rookie QB's have trouble with Ryan's defenses). And they'll eek out a win, and that will be that on Mark Sanchez.

It took Rex Ryan 2 yrs to bench the worst right tackle in the NFL, we have a stellar backup running back 3x better than Shonn Greene (Bilal Powell) and Greenes still starting,

Rex does not like change

Are O-Line is FINE its just that Mark has no pocket awareness whatsoever SOMETIMES. He was fine during the dolphins game

Are running game is perfectly average at best. Before we faced the 49ers it was a middle of the pack running game.

We just dont have depth because we just use free agency and drafting for defense. Its coming back to haunt them.

Poor scouting has to do with it also. We draft a lot of busts

JMT 10-02-2012 03:55 PM

Much ado about nothing.

Sanchez is a career 55% passer with a pedestrian passer rating (73%) and averages per attempt/catch.

Tebow is a career 50% passer with a slightly better passer rating (75%) and better numbers per attempt/catch. He can also run, which the Jets and Sanchez have been unable to do.

Take off the tin foil hat. If Tebow plays it's for the same reason any team turns to a backup when the starter is healthy. The starter is sucking out the joint.

Sanchez gets too much Romo treatment. Nothing is ever his fault, he doesn't get enough help, etc. At some point the needle has to stop spinning and point squarely at him.

knickballer 10-02-2012 09:50 PM

Wow Niko you really went out on a limb here :oldlol:

Sanchez is a bum. He's been given all the chances to succeed as the Jets starting QB.. He was labeled the franchise QB which practically gave him immunity to poor performances for 2-3 years, they've had a great defense his first two seasons which took the pressure off of him. On offense the Jets had one of the better running games in the league with Jones/Greene in 09' and with Greene/LT in 10'.. His role was being the game manager which he was okay at but once the Jets needed him to become the franchise QB to replace the production lost he flopped.

Sanchez is too hesitant and he doesn't the stature in the pocket to be a successful QB

knickballer 10-02-2012 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JMT
Much ado about nothing.

Sanchez is a career 55% passer with a pedestrian passer rating (73%) and averages per attempt/catch.

Tebow is a career 50% passer with a slightly better passer rating (75%) and better numbers per attempt/catch. He can also run, which the Jets and Sanchez have been unable to do.

Take off the tin foil hat. If Tebow plays it's for the same reason any team turns to a backup when the starter is healthy. The starter is sucking out the joint.

Sanchez gets too much Romo treatment. Nothing is ever his fault, he doesn't get enough help, etc. At some point the needle has to stop spinning and point squarely at him.

Pretty much this. People love to bash Tebow for his unorthodox play and his inability to stay in the pocket or w/e but he's a play maker and he can make plays unlike Sanchez and that's what the NYJ offense needs. It's really pathetic watching Sanchez ducking in the pocket and get eaten up by dlinemen as he's just to hesistant and timid in the pocket.