Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987) (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277930)

Round Mound 10-04-2012 12:20 PM

Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 


You can see why Michael Jordan is regarded as one of the best defenders in NBA history.

Chicago Bulls vs Houston Rockets
(12.12.1987)


The Athletic Abilities of Prime Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wcH...eature=g-all-f

Boxscore: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...712120CHI.html

:bowdown:

Segatti 10-04-2012 12:50 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Only 3 rebounds? Man, this Michael Jordan really sucks.

andgar923 10-04-2012 01:03 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Round Mound


You can see why Michael Jordan is regarded as one of the best defenders in NBA history.

Chicago Bulls vs Houston Rockets
(12.12.1987)


The Athletic Abilities of Prime Jordan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9wcH...eature=g-all-f

Boxscore: http://www.basketball-reference.com/...712120CHI.html

:bowdown:


He blows by people like they're not even there. It's almost as if they're playing on quick sand.

MJ GOAT perimeter defender

pauk 10-04-2012 01:18 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
The athleticism, talent, skill... iq... the productions... domination.... on both ends... Your point of view on how you value a player based on championships will completely change if you watch this guy before the age of 28.... He didnt win his first championship because he got better, but because his team got better...

andgar923 10-04-2012 01:34 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauk
The athleticism, talent, skill... iq... the productions... domination.... on both ends... Your point of view on how you value a player based on championships will completely change if you watch this guy before the age of 28.... He didnt win his first championship because he got better, but because his team got better...


That's spot on.

Some will argue that he got better by becoming a better leader, which can be debatable. But he's had seasons when he was getting tons of assists, his teammates just weren't ready 'mentally' at that point.

imdaman99 10-04-2012 01:41 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
wtf man, he couldnt get 5 rebs to get that 5+ in every important category that ak47 got.

jaydacris 10-04-2012 01:49 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
cant even do that in nba 2k! :lebroncry:

Round Mound 10-05-2012 04:26 AM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauk
The athleticism, talent, skill... iq... the productions... domination.... on both ends... Your point of view on how you value a player based on championships will completely change if you watch this guy before the age of 28.... He didnt win his first championship because he got better, but because his team got better...


:applause:

Bodhi 10-05-2012 05:45 AM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
I'll never understand why people include free throws in high light videos.

Poetry 10-05-2012 06:01 AM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bodhi
I'll never understand why people include free throws in high light videos.


I like seeing them in "and 1" situations.

zizozain 10-05-2012 07:08 AM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by imdaman99
wtf man, he couldnt get 5 rebs to get that 5+ in every important category that ak47 got.


5X5 players

Year Player .......... Team .......... P R A B S

1987 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 38 17 06 12 07*
1990 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 29 18 10 12 05
1992 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 19 13 06 05 05
1993 Robinson, David San Antonio 29 05 05 10 05
1993 Coleman, Derek New Jersey 21 10 07 05 07
1993 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 33 13 05 05 05
1993 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 24 19 06 05 05
1993 Olajuwon, Hakeem Houston 34 10 05 08 05
1995 Divac, Vlade LA Lakers 19 12 08 05 05
2001 Tinsley,Jamaal Indiana 12 09 15 05 06
2003 Kirilenko,Andrei Utah 19 05 07 05 08
2003 Kirilenko,Andrei Utah 10 12 06 05 06
2004 Camby,Marcus Denver 08 11 05 08 05
2006 Kirilenko,Andrei Utah 14 08 09 07 06


* Stats before 1990 are not listed. also, Blocks and Steals where not kept before 1972

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=254139

Da_Realist 10-07-2012 03:40 PM

Re: Michael Jordan 44pts, 9 Ast, 5stl, 5blk & 3 Rebs vs Rockets (12.12.1987)
 
Full Game --> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5miYJaq7EQk


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:29 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy