Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277999)

Riddler 10-05-2012 11:42 AM

Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1UlAiWVais





Quote:

Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.

Bruce Wayne: Why?

Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulses of the spirit: the fear of death.

Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it.

Blind Prisoner: Then make the climb.

Bruce Wayne: How?

Blind Prisoner: As the child did. Without the rope. Then fear will find you again.

jaydacris 10-05-2012 12:29 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
bruce wayne finds a way to match a little girl's strength! :bowdown: :rockon:

Riddler 10-05-2012 01:06 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydacris
bruce wayne finds a way to match a little girl's strength! :bowdown: :rockon:


I know a lot of people had a problem with that... But it didn't really bother me.

It's all about adrenaline... and people can do some crazy shit with adrenaline
pumping through their veins.


That's the way I look it at it.


The Fear of Death was the only way to make the jump.


(and really this scene refers back to when Bruce Wayne was a little boy
falling in that well of Bats... many people missed the symbolism behind that)

jaydacris 10-05-2012 01:10 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
didnt bother me either :)

but i did wish the initial boy they spoke of getting out of the well always had been bane

Riddler 10-05-2012 01:36 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by jaydacris
didnt bother me either :)

but i did wish the initial boy they spoke of getting out of the well always had been bane



If it's a kid making the jump... I kinda wish she had used some kind of gymnastic moves...



Not like that^... but something that could of propelled the body further than a regular adult.


There was enough room on that ledge to get a small running start...


I know I would of tried to take advantage of the few feet of running space that was provided.

Wouldn't an extra step or two be better then a standing broad jump?


Joshumitsu 10-05-2012 04:05 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddler
I know a lot of people had a problem with that... But it didn't really bother me.

It's all about adrenaline... and people can do some crazy shit with adrenaline
pumping through their veins.


That's the way I look it at it.



For me, I take a more philosophical/logical dilemma approach to it especially since it's a Nolan film. With the rope, you are anchored too close to the wrong side of the wall. Thus, you can't reach it no matter how talented of a jumper you are.

So the philosophical inclination would that you have to rely on faith to escape. You have to risk dying to be able to escape.

BMOGEFan 10-05-2012 05:00 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddler
I know a lot of people had a problem with that... But it didn't really bother me.

It's all about adrenaline... and people can do some crazy shit with adrenaline
pumping through their veins.


That's the way I look it at it.


The Fear of Death was the only way to make the jump.


(and really this scene refers back to when Bruce Wayne was a little boy
falling in that well of Bats... many people missed the symbolism behind that)


Did you even watch the movie?

Riddler 10-05-2012 05:03 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Did you even watch the movie?


Obviously... did I miss something?

BMOGEFan 10-05-2012 05:06 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddler
Obviously... did I miss something?


The fear of death wasn't what made people make the jump. Its the will to live...will to succeed.

red1 10-05-2012 05:07 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
TDKR was a good movie but I found this scene to be facepalm worthy. Rationalize it any way you want but this scene is ridiculous

Riddler 10-05-2012 05:14 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
The fear of death wasn't what made people make the jump. Its the will to live...will to succeed.



Uhmmmm.... that's not what I gathered from this dialogue


Quote:

Blind Prisoner: You do not fear death. You think this makes you strong. It makes you weak.

Bruce Wayne: Why?

Blind Prisoner: How can you move faster than possible, fight longer than possible without the most powerful impulses of the spirit: the fear of death.

Bruce Wayne: I do fear death. I fear dying here, while my city burns, and there's no one there to save it.

Blind Prisoner: Then make the climb.

Bruce Wayne: How?

Blind Prisoner: As the child did. Without the rope. Then fear will find you again.

BMOGEFan 10-05-2012 05:17 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riddler
Uhmmmm.... that's not what I gathered from this dialogue


Rewind.

Go back to the scene with bruce and alfred about how alfred says bruce wants to fail.

Riddler 10-05-2012 05:28 PM

Re: Why do we Fall - epic scene where Bruce Wayne escapes the well
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by BMOGEFan
Rewind.

Go back to the scene with bruce and alfred about how alfred says bruce wants to fail.


Can't find that dialogue... But correct me if I'm wrong...

Alfred was saying to Bruce that he only sees one end to his journey (meaning death)...


Here's the best I could do to find that dialogue:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0Y6Xx7K6oE
The Dark Knight Rises - Exclusive "Journey" Online Trailer #5


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:20 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy