Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   NBA Forum (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=2)
-   -   Larry Bird Video from Sports Museum's 10th Annual The Tradition (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278023)

Round Mound 10-05-2012 08:09 PM

Larry Bird Video from Sports Museum's 10th Annual The Tradition

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mOlUA...eature=related

:bowdown:

CavaliersFTW 10-05-2012 08:50 PM

Re: Larry Bird Video from Sports Museum's 10th Annual The Tradition

Best passing non-guard of all time :bowdown:

sundog67 10-05-2012 08:59 PM

We're not worthy. :bowdown:

SHAQisGOAT 10-05-2012 09:39 PM

Highly impactful combination of unbelievable skill, off the charts b-ball IQ, passion, gritt, leadership, clutchness...

colts19 10-05-2012 10:02 PM

GOAT SF, Nobody did it better, made me feel sad for the rest. Nobody did it, quite the way he did. Thats' what made him best.

Miller for 3 10-05-2012 10:05 PM

:bowdown: :bowdown:

Round Mound 10-06-2012 12:59 AM

Best SF of All Time with Lebron James? IMO Yes

Asukal 10-06-2012 02:18 AM

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bird is really quick in his prime, I don't know why people say he is unathletic. :confusedshrug:

MavsSuperFan 10-06-2012 02:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asukal
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

Bird is really quick in his prime, I don't know why people say he is unathletic. :confusedshrug:

Well, admittedly I have only seen his highlights, but he seems out of control in a lot of those plays and just tosses the ball at the hoop or to teammates, but it just happens to go in the basket or result in a perfect pass lol.

Asukal 10-06-2012 06:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan
Well, admittedly I have only seen his highlights, but he seems out of control in a lot of those plays and just tosses the ball at the hoop or to teammates, but it just happens to go in the basket or result in a perfect pass lol.

You should watch a couple of full games with prime Larry Bird. He is very athletic, not as much as guys like Jordan or Rose or LBJ but he has good quickness. Most young people see him as a white dude and thinks he can't be athletic but that is simply not true.

LeBird 10-06-2012 07:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MavsSuperFan

Both Magic and Bird moved in a weird way; but everything was deliberate. They were geniuses.

GOAT, full stop.

DJ Leon Smith 10-06-2012 08:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Asukal
You should watch a couple of full games with prime Larry Bird. He is very athletic, not as much as guys like Jordan or Rose or LBJ but he has good quickness. Most young people see him as a white dude and thinks he can't be athletic but that is simply not true.

Exactly right. Too many people think athletic = jumps high. Being athletic also includes stuff like body control and coordination and that's where guys like Bird and Steve Nash (another supposedly "non athletic" player) excel.

pauk 10-06-2012 09:35 AM

mentallooser 10-06-2012 09:57 AM

People assume goofy looking white people aren't athletic. So they repeat it over and over until it has become a near universal truth.