Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   i think a piece of my ripped contact is still in my eye (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278039)

therammingman 10-06-2012 01:52 AM

i think a piece of my ripped contact is still in my eye

i was taking out my contacts to go to bed and apparently one of them was very dry and it ripped when i took it out....the part that came out was like 2/3 but i don't see the other 1/3 and think it might be stuck in my eye

I've tried messing around with my eye but no luck. i dont wanna go to the optometrist just to have him check this.

any ideas?

Meticode 10-06-2012 02:06 AM

Re: i think a piece of my ripped contact is still in my eye

Wear glasses.

LiLharvard 10-06-2012 02:09 AM

Try and ejaculate into your eye. Don't use any oil based products or anything foreign to the body.. Semen is natural and if this method doesn't work your eye ball will still be ok

DCL 10-06-2012 02:33 AM

put a lot of visine onto your eye, get it fluidy, then close your eye, and then rub it out.

gigantes 10-06-2012 04:41 AM

i'd let it hydrate thoroughly with saline solution before you start trying to work on it.

if you have an eyewash cup, fill it partly with saline solution and keep it inverted on your eye for awhile so that your eye is very well hydrated. the more hydrated, the easier the stuck part will come off.

if your eye shows signs of infection in the next couple days, go to the ER, stat. bacterial infections can rapidly lead to blindness.

TheMan 10-06-2012 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLharvard
Try and ejaculate into your eye. Don't use any oil based products or anything foreign to the body.. Semen is natural and if this method doesn't work your eye ball will still be ok

Wouldn't it be easier to have a room mate or a buddy do this? No homo:oldlol:

ukballer 10-06-2012 10:15 AM

ISH.

Where sound medical advice happens.

Still amuses me how many medical related threads we have here asking for advice. :lol

Dictator 10-06-2012 10:18 AM

If you don't feel it in your eye then it's definitely not there. Look on the floor or something.

Quizno 10-06-2012 12:34 PM

i'm an optician and let me tell you now - go to your optometrist and have him check. there should be a very minimal charge but it's extremely easy and he'll either tell you 100% for sure there's nothing there or he'll take it out.

TheMarkMadsen 10-06-2012 12:38 PM

You should be able to feel it if its still in there.

What I do is kind of "squeeze" my eye pushing from the top & bottom while closing the eyelids.

I've gotten many of contacts from behind my eye using this method.

Trust me. I'm Mark Madsen.

skan72 10-06-2012 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DCL
put a lot of visine onto your eye, get it fluidy, then close your eye, and then rub it out (in your eye).

LiLharvard already told him to do this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by LiLharvard

JEFFERSON MONEY 10-06-2012 07:46 PM

Stick your tongue out and open your eyes or look very far into the distance and try to focus.. you should naturally blink and produce tears.

Or better yet.

pull your upper eyelid up and sort of use your lower eyelash to dust or pull it off.

therammingman 10-06-2012 09:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quizno
i'm an optician and let me tell you now - go to your optometrist and have him check. there should be a very minimal charge but it's extremely easy and he'll either tell you 100% for sure there's nothing there or he'll take it out.

can it wait till monday?

Draz 10-06-2012 11:01 PM

if thias gets serious you can go blind from bacteria.

therammingman 10-07-2012 01:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Draz
if thias gets serious you can go blind from bacteria.

Serious? What should i do?

I dont think optomitrist is open until monday. My iptomotrist is at costco

Im scared now. What can i do between now and then to prevent bacteria???