Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Romney Surges Ahead in Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278065)

longhornfan1234 10-06-2012 03:01 PM

Romney Surges Ahead in Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia

http://www.punditpress.com/2012/10/r....html?spref=tw

You mad, libs? :lol

I tried to y'all that Romney will make a come back.

Balla_Status 10-06-2012 03:03 PM

Re: Romney Surges Ahead in Colorado, Florida, Ohio, and Virginia

Dude, I used to be really surprised that Colorado would vote republican. I always thought it was a liberal state but there are some small ass towns in the middle of nowhere across the entire state. Kinda like Texas with mountains.

Now I'm not surprised.

Real Men Wear Green 10-06-2012 03:17 PM

So now that you found some polls that make you happy you believe in them? "Boing."

bdreason 10-06-2012 04:53 PM

Anyone not in the top 10% of income should be mad. And I doubt anyone here is in the top 10%.

JtotheIzzo 10-06-2012 05:16 PM

Be careful of your Willard bravado. He is peaking a bit too early. I would bet a pound note that there is a lot more dirt on him that is being kept for the stretch run. We still don't know about the tax returns, the left still hasn't trumpeted the flip flopping he's done, there is still the 27 lies in 38 minutes in debate one that can be used against him, and Lord knows how many more videos there are of him throwing red meat to the nastiest of the right.

I think Joe Biden is gonna go mental during his debate, he seems like a willing fall guy and will bring a lot of the BS to light.

Willard did well, but there is a lot more game to play. Its kind of like when the Bills got up 21-7 against the Patriots last week, shit can go pear shaped fast. Maybe it is going south for Obama? But I am guessing there is a lot more game to play.

TheMan 10-06-2012 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by longhornfan1234
http://www.punditpress.com/2012/10/r....html?spref=tw

You mad, libs? :lol

I tried to y'all that Romney will make a come back.

:sleeping

Rass and WAA traditionally over sample the GOP, no news there, we all knew Mitt was gonna get a bump in his favor following Obama's MIA performance, is it a game changer? Uh, no. Friday's positive jobs report along with some good economic indicators (car sales up, house sales up, Wall Street booming) will counter Romney's bounce, check the polls around mid week

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...changes. html

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Remember, Romney needs almost a clean sweep of the battleground states, Obama needs just a few to get to 270. If you tally up all the states that are leaning/likely/solid for Obama, he's at 251 while Romney is at 181, that means Obama needs 19 ECVs out of the remaining 8 states that total 106 electoral votes while Mittens needs 89 of those 106. To make it more simple for you, Obama just needs FL and it's over. Any Republican strategist will tell you they would rather be in the position the Dems are rather than where they are at. Much much easier path to the WH...

Take a deep breath homie, Romney still gonna lose:banana:

bootsy 10-07-2012 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMan
:sleeping

Rass and WAA traditionally over sample the GOP, no news there, we all knew Mitt was gonna get a bump in his favor following Obama's MIA performance, is it a game changer? Uh, no. Friday's positive jobs report along with some good economic indicators (car sales up, house sales up, Wall Street booming) will counter Romney's bounce, check the polls around mid week

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epo...changes. html

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com/

Remember, Romney needs almost a clean sweep of the battleground states, Obama needs just a few to get to 270. If you tally up all the states that are leaning/likely/solid for Obama, he's at 251 while Romney is at 181, that means Obama needs 19 ECVs out of the remaining 8 states that total 106 electoral votes while Mittens needs 89 of those 106. To make it more simple for you, Obama just needs FL and it's over. Any Republican strategist will tell you they would rather be in the position the Dems are rather than where they are at. Much much easier path to the WH...

Take a deep breath homie, Romney still gonna lose:banana:

This. is what people don't realize when they are relying on these polls. The only thing that matters in the EC and winning as many as the big, important states as possible. Romney as you said still has a lot of work to do and to me it's too late. One debate is not going to make up for months of campaigning where he failed to make an impression on voters. These Romney voters couldn't wait to go to these bogus polls and puff their chest out. It's too late.

KevinNYC 10-07-2012 02:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bootsy
This. is what people don't realize when they are relying on these polls. The only thing that matters in the EC and winning as many as the big, important states as possible. Romney as you said still has a lot of work to do and to me it's too late. One debate is not going to make up for months of campaigning where he failed to make an impression on voters. These Romney voters couldn't wait to go to these bogus polls and puff their chest out. It's too late.

538 confirms Mitt's momentum, but also says he is still in a big hole.

Quote:

Mitt Romney continues to show improved numbers in polls published since the presidential debate in Denver on Wednesday and has now made clear gains in the FiveThirtyEight forecast. The forecast gives him roughly a 20 percent chance of winning the Electoral College, up from about 15 percent before the debate. Mr. Romney’s gains in the polls have been sharp enough that he should continue to advance in the FiveThirtyEight forecast if he can maintain his numbers over the next couple of days.

The other thing about 538's model is, based on how past elections worked out, they have expected the race to tighten as it gets closer to election day.

Duderonomy 10-07-2012 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bdreason
Anyone not in the top 10% of income should be mad. And I doubt anyone here is in the top 10%.

Here we go again:rolleyes: Think of America as a business, which it is. Obama is a liberal professor with no business expertise, you can't tell me you would pick Obama over Romney to run your business.

TheSilentKiller 10-07-2012 02:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Duderonomy
Here we go again:rolleyes: Think of America as a business, which it is. Obama is a liberal professor with no business expertise, you can't tell me you would pick Obama over Romney to run your business.

What the hell are you talking about :lol

Sarcastic 10-07-2012 03:26 PM

Quote:

What kind of business has nuclear weapons and 300 million employees?

TheMan 10-07-2012 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarcastic
What kind of business has nuclear weapons and 300 million employees?

A really really really really really really really big one:lol

Yeah, I never got the "running a nation is like running a company" line, two totally different things.

RedBlackAttack 10-07-2012 04:47 PM

Quote:

So... Will Romney sell off all of our resources, give bonuses to all of those with power and drive the country into the ground, leaving it in bankruptcy loaded down with debt?

There is a reason Romney wants nothing to do with specifics when it comes to his business career. He was wildly successful. The people working for the corporations that Bain took over? Not so much, unless you were a CEO.

Note: I don't think his business career will play much of a role in the kind of president he is if he does gain office... But you are the one making that argument and I don't think it is one you really want to have.

KevinNYC 10-07-2012 08:44 PM

Herbert Hoover was businessman. How did that work out?

Abe Lincoln failed as businessman. He opened a general store that failed and left him in debt for several years. He was a pretty good president. Like Obama he also worked as a lawyer.

Balla_Status 10-07-2012 08:53 PM

George W. Bush failed at being a businessman and a president.