Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/index.php)
-   Off the Court Lounge (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   Is this a crazy perspective? (http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/showthread.php?t=278401)

Loneshot 10-10-2012 08:07 PM

Is this a crazy perspective?

The ability to reproduce shouldn't be a birth right. Whether it be virus or something that occurs at birth or puberty, the ability for men to impregnate women should be taken away and/or the ability for women to get pregnant should be taken away. How? I don't know yet. But the only way to reproduce would be to earn a license to parent, in which you will then be given some drug or have a procedure done to allow you one pregnancy. If you want more children, you must go through a reexamination to prove you are still fit to parent.

Everyone talks about freedom, but our freedom to reproduce is one that needs to be regulated.

Right now i see no way this can negatively effect the world, assuming we can somehow manage to not be racist about it, which is a big assumption, i know.

RaininThrees 10-10-2012 08:09 PM

Re: Is this a crazy perspective?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneshot
The ability to reproduce shouldn't be a birth right. Whether it be virus or something that occurs at birth or puberty, the ability for men to impregnate women should be taken away and/or the ability for women to get pregnant should be taken away. How? I don't know yet. But the only way to reproduce would be to earn a license to parent, in which you will then be given some drug or have a procedure done to allow you one pregnancy. If you want more children, you must go through a reexamination to prove you are still fit to parent.

Everyone talks about freedom, but our freedom to reproduce is one that needs to be regulated.

Right now i see no way this can negatively effect the world, assuming we can somehow manage to not be racist about it, which is a big assumption, i know.

Yes.

Yes it is.

The Macho Man 10-10-2012 08:15 PM

I imagine it could be that way at some point. Too many fvcking people.

DuMa 10-10-2012 08:48 PM

sounds like a great movie premise only to be screwed up by a b-list director.

Myth 10-10-2012 08:53 PM

Not crazy to me. I think society would be better if you had to get a license to have kids.

Jailblazers7 10-10-2012 09:01 PM

Sounds like part of the process of society becoming like Brave New World.

ZeN 10-10-2012 09:02 PM

by nature, it is in fact a birthright to be able to procreate.

not everyone should have offspring but every living being in this planet has the natural right to do so.

its inhumane to try to regulate what is specifically a birthright.

it is more a crime to abolish the right to procreate than to allow those that have an ability to continue doing so.

OP is self absorbed and egotistical to believe that he has the right to dictate who can and cannot reproduce to the point of altering human beings genetics. We talking Nazi stuff here.. not that American and the world isnt capability of that sort of 1984 tribulations.

Im well aware that these things have happened and will continue to happen.. just saying personally I wouldnt like that type of oppression.

ZeN 10-10-2012 09:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Loneshot

No negative effect?

In order to accomplish what you seek. You will have to completely get rid of religion and any sort of spiritual beliefs in the world. If not, your main negative will be one of the biggest driving forces in our society.. Religion and the belief in God.

Loneshot 10-10-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeN
OP is self absorbed and egotistical to believe that he has the right to dictate who can and cannot reproduce to the point of altering human beings genetics. We talking Nazi stuff here.. not that American and the world isnt capability of that sort of 1984 tribulations.

I don't think i alone have the right to dictate this, but a community, a country, or society should have this right. When two people decide to create another human being, they don't do so on their own little space of the earth, they do so within the space that we all share. And the fact that we all have to share and care for this earth AND one another should play a big part in who procreates.

Quote:

In order to accomplish what you seek. You will have to completely get rid of religion and any sort of spiritual beliefs in the world. If not, your main negative will be one of the biggest driving forces in our society.. Religion and the belief in God.

If your religion or spiritual belief leads you to believe that you have the right to do something that can negatively impact everyone else, then that is a belief that the world need not have the masses buying into.

I'm not anti religion, just anti illogical.

plowking 10-10-2012 10:06 PM

Lets just regulate everything. This forum is full of posters so left wing that they are a step from wanting communism back.

Myth 10-10-2012 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowking
Lets just regulate everything. This forum is full of posters so left wing that they are a step from wanting communism back.

I don't want full blown communism, but I don't mind being close to it. I just want a bunch of stuff socialized.

Loneshot 10-10-2012 10:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by plowking

The irony here is that such a regulation would lead to the end of so many necessary programs the right often complains about being taxed for. The excessive spending wouldn't be possible without all the people that require you to spend that money.

Seems a lot of the right would rather there simply be a clear distinction between the haves and the haves-not, and the haves-not have nothing because they are lazy or don't deserve more. This seems to be the common echo i hear when it comes to the right arguing taxes and regulation. As opposed to doing something that prevents there even being a group of haves-not in the first place.

Kews1 10-10-2012 11:23 PM

Jailblazers7 10-10-2012 11:33 PM

I would imagine the result of this program to either be govt oppresion on a horrific scale or the accidental extermination of humanity.

TexasBloodMoney 10-10-2012 11:38 PM

There's no way it would happen but I personally don't think it's a crazy perspective.

1. At some point, the world will be over-populated

2. There are too many people who shouldn't have kids

3. no condomns :banana: